First Thoughts

I planted a few genovese basil seeds so hoping to see some growth quick. During dinner with Bjorn, he showed my girlfriend and I the basil he grew and it was massive. We want our own homegrown pesto so basil it is. Not sure what’s next after but I’ll be taking pics as the one goes on and post more updates weekly.

2 Likes

The eagle has landed!

To all my GroBRO’s and GroGAL’s :wink: ( I should probably Trademark that)

I’m happy to inform all of you out there that I have received my Grobo hand delivered by @bjorn and @Chris yesterday afternoon. My meeting with Bjorn and Chris was awesome, they were very helpful and extremely patient with all of my questions along the way and during the actual setup of the Grobo.

So, I’m sure all of you are wondering what you can expect when you finally receive your Grobo. The first thing I would say it to expect a large beautiful package that will plant a permanent smile on your face when you open then door. The packaging was fairly simply to get through with the new perforation they have placed in their packaging design. This new design allows you to do a reveal (for unboxing videos, I did not do this well in mine).

Next process was placing the Grobo in its final resting location and I began to unbox the rest of the materials included; Grobo One, Welcome Card, Grobo Stickers, Power Adapter, Nutrient Bottles 1-5, pH & EC Sensor, No Smell Carbon Filter, Coco Pod. All items were packaged and labeled very well.

Now that we confirmed all items were accounted for it was time to begin the setup of the Grobo! The application is a web-based application which is VERY EASY to navigate through with a nice library selection of recipes for growing. The overall time it took me to get the unit setup took me roughly 30-35 minutes, but I’m sure most will get through this much faster as you will not be distracted with asking the geniuses behind the creation question after question. Each step has well written step by step instructions to follow which will help speed up your setup process!

I started a grow yesterday and will have my estimated harvest in July! I will keep everyone updated as much as I possibly can. I will have to upload my pictures in a separate post so I can upload from my device. I will also upload my video after I get a chance to put some editing touches on it.

All I can tell everyone is to know that your Grobo is on its way! Please follow along with my and my grow as I will look to document as much as I can. In the coming weeks I will have further information regarding how everyone can follow along with my grow and journey with my Grobo.

Bjorn, Chris and the entire Grobo Team, I thank you all for all of the work you have done on this product and I promise to give you all as much feedback as possible to help to continue all the success!

5 Likes

@Rich, I’m excited to see what comes next with your Grobo journey :slight_smile:
Please keep us up to date with your findings!

1 Like

When I first saw the grobo video it said that you can grow from seed or clone. I have seen a video showing how the seed goes into the cocoa pod but I have yet to see any videos showing how to plant the clone in a cocoa pod. Being a newbie Im sorry if this is a pain but can there be anything regarding/addressing/demonstrating this aspect of utilization of the grobo.

Also at first it was said that the machine has a dry mode and then I’ve read there will be an attachment made available at a later time. With machines being delivered and many more heading out the door way with spring giving way to summer, is there any update on this attachment i.e. pricing, date availability, explanation as to what it is and how it functions with machine? Thank you for your time.

3 Likes

Hi feesh4life,

Great questions.

We recommend starting from seed or rooted clone. I’m currently experimenting with utilizing the Grobo to take a cutting and root it, will have more information on that in the coming months. There may be a dome accessory available that helps push the humidity up to the 70% range where cuttings will succeed. To utilize a rooted clone, it will have to come already rooted in a coco plug that will fit into our system.

For our dry mode, our current iteration is utilizing a separate drying recipe. So once your recipe finishes, you can select either dry mode, or you can just start growing again. (This would assume you have a separate dry system in place.) The attachment has been developed and tested and is now in production. Expect to see it hit the stores soon. It’s basically two magnets with wire that you can hang your plant with. Drying mode puts your Grobo into sleep mode with the fans and carbon filter working to slowly pull the moisture from your buds.

Best,
Stephen

4 Likes

“Hello world!”

We have life AG community!!! Just wanted to share my excitement with all of you. Things are operating as planned!

I will update you all in the coming days!

7 Likes

So just some insight for the upcoming growers yet to receive their grobo and @Rich.

I just received my notifications a few days ago requesting me to change the water in my grobo. I found that it drains down to the empty line, not fully drained as the last float once fully down triggers the system to stop draining the old water. I just held the last float to not trip the system to drain the reservoir fully for a complete water change. Shortly after getting the fresh RO water into the unit, I heard one of the mini pumps working to feed nutrients into the reservoir which to me so far everything is working very smoothly.

I’m on my 9th day into my grow and basil tends to sprout between the 8th and 15th day so I’m hoping any day now I’ll see a little bit of green.

4 Likes

Just have a quick question for the devs at grobo @bjorn @Chris
I’ll post the video below, are the fans supposed to sound this loud and also ramp up to even higher decibels, sounds like my drone just a little less. I can hear it from the front end of my house with that room door closed and in other rooms with two doors between the grobo and myself especially when the fans ramp up. Is there a way to tone these down from your end or is there something that can be done to dampen the noise.

-I cannot upload the video here, is there a way I can send someone at grobo the video to get this looked at

Absolutely! Just email the video to support@grobo.io and we can help figure out what’s going on!

Hi @Daniel ,
I believe this forum doesn’t support native videos; however, if you were to upload it to a personal youtube account you could share the link here (even embed it in your post). If you don’t want anyone else to see the video you can always mark it as private and share it with those that you’d like to see it.
I’m about 8 days into my Basil schedule as well and still nothing yet as well

We ran into an issue as of Monday around 9:00pm we were able to identify (after a 42 hour hiatus) the Grobo lost connection to the WiFi have not been able to isolate what exactly took place. Either way, the 42 hours that the plant faced seems to have presented a change in the plant and I was hoping @Stephen could take a look and give me your thoughts?

I’ll post the most recent photos I have from prior to the Grobo losing WiFi connection and one from yesterday when I confirmed the unit was offline.

Picture above is from Tuesday morning.

This was taken this morning.

Please let me know if this little girl has been lost or if you think she still can recover. I have additional seeds, but I’d like to not lose anymore time that I currently have. Looking forward to your response!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Rich,

Don’t worry, you should be fine. In short you missed a dose while offline, but the system caught it and has adjusted accordingly. You should see a nice white root or two emerging from the bottom of the coco pod. Once they hit the water, the schedule will adjust to the lower water level to help fight damping off.

Loving the updates!

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for getting back to me. I’m trying to be optimistic, but she’s looking like she’s in rough shape. Today she seems to look even more wilted than the day before. However, after some additional reading into damping off I’m going to give it a few additional days prior to calling the grow.

As I’m unable to see what the plant exactly missed, can you send me a breakdown of what the recipe calls for in terms of what nutrients are schedule to be dispensed during each stage the plant goes through?

Have you seen a plant rebound in the Grobo during any of your tests?

Give me your thoughts from this AM

Thank you as always!

2 Likes

So here is the skinny on germination. Your seed has all of the nutrients it needs to begin life and by using the 1st set of leaves called cotyledons (the round ones without the jagged edges) your seedling will not need food for the first 7 days or so. After that, the seedling will be looking for a light nutrient solution. In addition to the nutrients, when growing in Reverse Osmosis, distilled or deionized water, we add an additional calcium/magnesium supplement. By missing those doses, your little guy has slowed down his growth, but can still bounce back.

At this point, we are really focused on getting that little tap root to emerge from the bottom of the coco pod and enter the reservoir. Once that happens, we dry out the coco pod (automatically) to help fight damping off. Keep an eye out for roots and ensure they are nice and bright white. If they seem brown or limp, it may indeed be time to start again. I’ve planted a seed on 420 for many, many years!

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

Thank you! :pray:t3:

I love information and that’s exactly what I was looking for. I found the root! It’s coming out on a diagonal so it’s still got a little to go before it comes into contact with the water. It was nice and white just like you said! So I’m going to hold on to my optimism and let the machine do it’s magic! I will update you all in the coming days!

Thank you again Stephen! Have an awesome weekend and happy 420!

4 Likes

Check it out, sir!

The magic seems to be happening. Quite impressed with the turnaround that’s occurring with my little one! Just wanted to share the progress with everyone!

Have an awesome Sunday!

5 Likes

@Stephen

At the end of each grow will we have access to an overall grow report or data to look at? I want to see where the plant may have been struggling and on which days, which stages called for more nutrients and why, should the lighting stages be adjusting to optimize growth, etc.

How about being able to add comments/notes on the app directly about the plant and any changes or comments you have about it. Is this something that is in your pipeline over the coming weeks?

I would like to improve upon each grow as I want to push it to (3) harvests and learn each plant as well as fine tune the Grobo!

Thank you as always!

2 Likes

Why is bottle 2 being used during the first few weeks? The seed is just now showing signs of life. No why to reach the water yet?
But I show about 1/4 of bottle 2used up?

Hey Seahawkpi,

The Grobo One is constantly keeping your nutrient reservoir at the correct pH and EC levels. The seedling stage keeps the EC low, but does balance the pH. I’d guess you are using tap water instead of Reverse Osmosis or Distilled water in your unit. This is why you are seeing your bottle working hard, your pH and EC are both high in tap water and the system is working to bring you back into range. I recommend using RO or Distilled in your system, it will save you from buying extra nutes.

Best,
Stephen

2 Likes

Hi Rich,

We do not currently have plans for a comprehensive stage by stage analysis of your grow history, but I like the idea! We do have plans for gathering user feedback/comments through the app though. When the grow is finished and your drying recipe is complete, you can enter your dry weight along with comments about the grow. This will be added to your grow history, so you can review what you have done in the past.

Great questions & ideas, keep em coming!

Cheers,
Stephen

4 Likes