First Thoughts

Absolutely! Just email the video to support@grobo.io and we can help figure out what’s going on!

Hi @Daniel ,
I believe this forum doesn’t support native videos; however, if you were to upload it to a personal youtube account you could share the link here (even embed it in your post). If you don’t want anyone else to see the video you can always mark it as private and share it with those that you’d like to see it.
I’m about 8 days into my Basil schedule as well and still nothing yet as well

We ran into an issue as of Monday around 9:00pm we were able to identify (after a 42 hour hiatus) the Grobo lost connection to the WiFi have not been able to isolate what exactly took place. Either way, the 42 hours that the plant faced seems to have presented a change in the plant and I was hoping @Stephen could take a look and give me your thoughts?

I’ll post the most recent photos I have from prior to the Grobo losing WiFi connection and one from yesterday when I confirmed the unit was offline.

Picture above is from Tuesday morning.

This was taken this morning.

Please let me know if this little girl has been lost or if you think she still can recover. I have additional seeds, but I’d like to not lose anymore time that I currently have. Looking forward to your response!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Rich,

Don’t worry, you should be fine. In short you missed a dose while offline, but the system caught it and has adjusted accordingly. You should see a nice white root or two emerging from the bottom of the coco pod. Once they hit the water, the schedule will adjust to the lower water level to help fight damping off.

Loving the updates!

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for getting back to me. I’m trying to be optimistic, but she’s looking like she’s in rough shape. Today she seems to look even more wilted than the day before. However, after some additional reading into damping off I’m going to give it a few additional days prior to calling the grow.

As I’m unable to see what the plant exactly missed, can you send me a breakdown of what the recipe calls for in terms of what nutrients are schedule to be dispensed during each stage the plant goes through?

Have you seen a plant rebound in the Grobo during any of your tests?

Give me your thoughts from this AM

Thank you as always!

2 Likes

So here is the skinny on germination. Your seed has all of the nutrients it needs to begin life and by using the 1st set of leaves called cotyledons (the round ones without the jagged edges) your seedling will not need food for the first 7 days or so. After that, the seedling will be looking for a light nutrient solution. In addition to the nutrients, when growing in Reverse Osmosis, distilled or deionized water, we add an additional calcium/magnesium supplement. By missing those doses, your little guy has slowed down his growth, but can still bounce back.

At this point, we are really focused on getting that little tap root to emerge from the bottom of the coco pod and enter the reservoir. Once that happens, we dry out the coco pod (automatically) to help fight damping off. Keep an eye out for roots and ensure they are nice and bright white. If they seem brown or limp, it may indeed be time to start again. I’ve planted a seed on 420 for many, many years!

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

Thank you! :pray:t3:

I love information and that’s exactly what I was looking for. I found the root! It’s coming out on a diagonal so it’s still got a little to go before it comes into contact with the water. It was nice and white just like you said! So I’m going to hold on to my optimism and let the machine do it’s magic! I will update you all in the coming days!

Thank you again Stephen! Have an awesome weekend and happy 420!

4 Likes

Check it out, sir!

The magic seems to be happening. Quite impressed with the turnaround that’s occurring with my little one! Just wanted to share the progress with everyone!

Have an awesome Sunday!

5 Likes

@Stephen

At the end of each grow will we have access to an overall grow report or data to look at? I want to see where the plant may have been struggling and on which days, which stages called for more nutrients and why, should the lighting stages be adjusting to optimize growth, etc.

How about being able to add comments/notes on the app directly about the plant and any changes or comments you have about it. Is this something that is in your pipeline over the coming weeks?

I would like to improve upon each grow as I want to push it to (3) harvests and learn each plant as well as fine tune the Grobo!

Thank you as always!

2 Likes

Why is bottle 2 being used during the first few weeks? The seed is just now showing signs of life. No why to reach the water yet?
But I show about 1/4 of bottle 2used up?

Hey Seahawkpi,

The Grobo One is constantly keeping your nutrient reservoir at the correct pH and EC levels. The seedling stage keeps the EC low, but does balance the pH. I’d guess you are using tap water instead of Reverse Osmosis or Distilled water in your unit. This is why you are seeing your bottle working hard, your pH and EC are both high in tap water and the system is working to bring you back into range. I recommend using RO or Distilled in your system, it will save you from buying extra nutes.

Best,
Stephen

2 Likes

Hi Rich,

We do not currently have plans for a comprehensive stage by stage analysis of your grow history, but I like the idea! We do have plans for gathering user feedback/comments through the app though. When the grow is finished and your drying recipe is complete, you can enter your dry weight along with comments about the grow. This will be added to your grow history, so you can review what you have done in the past.

Great questions & ideas, keep em coming!

Cheers,
Stephen

4 Likes

Hi Stephen,

Well, you and @bjorn let me know when you want to talk a little more in-depth and we can explore some ideas because I believe that would provide a huge advantage in control and customization for growers!

I love the feedback and comments idea, will be greatly helpful to hear from other Grobo users direct so we can all adjust accordingly! This machine is truly remarkable and I can’t wait until we have more access over the unit and application itself, that’s when the magic will really happen!

Thank you for the follow up, I appreciate it!

2 Likes

Hi Rich, can you give some information about noise and light leakage of the grobo one? Other insights you could share with the community? Thanks for your updates.

1 Like

Hi Fanatic,

So, starting with the noise the Grobo team is still working on a permanent solution. My unit itself though does provide a significant humming noise while the door is open. We had family stay last weekend and they voiced of how bright and loud the unit was during the night. It wasn’t as if they could not sleep, but it was noticeable. We do need to keep the door shut while we are watching tv in the living room.

As for the light leakage, I’m not sure how to explain what may be taking place but there is some significant light leakage that I’m experiencing. I’ll post some pictures below.

This is the door sitting in “Locked” mode or its natural operation setting. The leakage it quite significant.

Here I’m placing pressure on the upper tab on the door and it helps prevent the lift from leaking much better but not entirely. I’m not sure that can/will be achieved immediately but I have no doubt they will find a solution.

As far as other concerns, I’m currently experiencing an issue with my fluid glass where it does not allow me to see through the glass from the outside. The team has been working on a fix and we will have a plan of action this week, hopefully!

The operation of the machine overall has been very impressive! I’ve had my doubt on some days early during germination, but this unit turned things around quickly! It’s very cool to see the changes occur just over the days and weeks!

This was Monday morning.

This is today. As you can see very large gains in just a few short days! I’m expected to enter stage 3 tomorrow of my grow! This has been such a great experience and I’m really looking forward to gaining further access to the application in the coming months.

I will update you all in the coming days. If you have any questions please post them and I will be sure to get back to you!

6 Likes

Good morning all,

Wanted to check in and update the AG community. So last update we were looking pretty good and then we experienced a setback where the nutrients weren’t getting to the reservoir to actually feed the plant, however this has been corrected! I’m happy to announce that data has confirmed we are back on schedule with the recipe.

I will get some pictures in the coming days after the plant has had some time to get caught up with the corrections placed into the latest firmware update.

Working through all the learning curves and nuances of the machine, but absolutely love where we are headed!

Take care everyone!

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Community Grow Photos

When this was first advertised it said we can plant from seed or clone. I am about to receive my machine and have yet to see any videos demonstrating how to plant a cannabis clone using the cocoa pod medium. being a noobie I have some seeds bit am nervous about planting a male seed blindly and don’t have accommodations to test out. Will this be done in the near future to assists noobs like me?

Also a little disappointed regarding pricing for the drying apparatus isn’t available as well as pricing for replacement nutrients. I get were coming along and working through strides but this information I feel is critical in helping separate a grobo from its competitors in the market and to its customers already invested.

Regarding the cocoa pods, will any cocoa pods work? Will these have to be purchased through you guys along with the nutrients? For as many machines that are out for beta testing even with the 2nd set of noots people have to be getting close to needing more and this information is nowhere to be found. Again growing and working through this but at sometime this info has to be available.

Last question, what occurs when you plant something that doesn’t have the recipe for? does it assimilate to something close to it? A lot of my seeds and clones don’t have recipes.

Hi Feesh4life,

I recommend all new growers start from seed. If you have regular seeds (not feminized) there is nothing to lose, plant away! You will be able to tell after about a month if it’s a male or not. I recommend feminized seeds, as you cut down on any lost time. You can certainly use a rooted clone too, but they are a bit touchier. The rooted clone will have to be in a coco pod or something of similar size to fit into the Grobo lid. I’ve not heard on any clone recipe requests, but I’m actually running several clones now in the lab. Expect to see them in the next recipe update.

I can’t talk about the pricing being set yet, but I can tell you, the drying rack magnets are awesome. You won’t be disappointed when you get them. Super helpful and versatile. I’ve passed your feedback on to the marketing department. Thank you for it.

I do recommend using our coco pods and our nutrients. The coco pod is sized to fit our system, and is the perfect balance of moisture and air to germinate with. The nutrients are all dialed in to the specific recipes and EC values. Replacing them with nutes the system is unfamiliar with would be disastrous for your plant.

I have setup several generic cannabis recipes in case you have some bag seed or don’t know your strain. If you have a specific strain, let me know and I’ll work to add it to our ever expanding recipe list. I’m more than curious to know what you are growing. Hope that answers your questions.

Great feedback, keep it coming!

Best,
Stephen

2 Likes

Good morning all,

Thought I would stop by and add some additional information/reviews of my experience so far.

Just to recap a few things, early on my plant experienced some hiccups with malfunctions of components (air pump and fluid glass). These items have been addressed with the Grobo team and solutions have been provided and are currently being finalized. In terms of attention you can expect from their team it’s unmeasurable. I’m not sure you will find another group who will be willing to answer your questions or even call you directly to help resolve any issues I’ve experienced. As always thank you Grobo team!

Now as for the plant as that’s what we all truly want to see.

Here you can see the plant started to take on root rot, also the beginning of my air pump failure.

Here the plants begins to show signs of new life.

Great gains continued.

Here she stands as of today! Looking beautiful and STRONG! Looking forward to the coming weeks! Please keep checking in as I will continue to provide more consistent feedback!

Thanks!

8 Likes