First grows

9 Likes

Day 8 are those the roots?

3 Likes

Day 10 covered hole lightly

6 Likes

Congrats! Welcome to the forum @DanTom

Your outside grow looks really healthy

What is that white fuzzy stuff growing on top of my grow sponge?

Sometimes people notice a white fuzz developing on the surface of their grow sponges. This is probably a beneficial fungi, and is in fact a sign of healthy, organic, biological activity; it does not harm your plants, prevent germination, or in any way impact the quality or edibility of your plants.

These beneficial fungi exist virtually everywhere organic processes are happening, and can find a comfortable home in the humid, warm, and still conditions on top of a seed pod under a bio-dome. Beneficial fungi can form a symbiotic relationship with the roots of many plants, helping with the uptake of nutrients and moisture.

The beneficial fungi will soon disappear from view as your plants outcompete it for light, nutrients and water. However, some people just don’t like the idea of it, so here are a few things you can do if you just have to kill it:

Increased air flow should reduce growth.
Scrape off the mold. However this can harm tender sprouts and is not advised.
If the seed sponge is less than 1/2 inch below the label, push it down a little to expose pod to more air, which usually kills it.

However, It’s most likely mycorrhizae, a beneficial fungi that helps the roots and nothing needs be done

6 Likes

Well said @James, I flag :cocos_islands: this as:
(1, 2, GROW :seedling: ON! :mortar_board:).

3 Likes

@DanTom,

((#Welcome)):

:wave::wink:

((#GreenCrackClub)):

((#Precious)):

((#Thinking)):

((#NoIdea)): :thinking:

@Osage to the Rescue:green_thumb:

((#SaveHer)): :pray::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Day 15 I sent in a ticket once I had my second drain/fill. Was told everything looks correct but my growth doesn’t look happy. Could it be too cold? 68.4 degrees in my living room with a/c.

3 Likes

Is there a dark, almost burnt spot on the stem where it meets the coco pod?(if so then it’s damping off) Is your air stone producing bubbles? (If not get an external pump and connect air hose from grobo to it)And is there one bottle noticeably emptier than the others?(if this is the case then that is your problem) but it really looks like either a ph issue or one nute got dispensed too much. :+1::v:Good luck and keep us posted. What’s the temp and rh inside your unit? If you don’t know then you need to get a hygrometer for the inside, and I like to put one on the top outside of the unit too to help with controlling both the environment inside the unit and outside the unit

2 Likes

It’s close to my ac which is only off a couple hours while I’m at work. Looks like a big temperature swing from 85 degrees to 68 degrees inside the unit. Bottle 5 has used more than the others but only a little more than 4. 1 and 2 only a small amount has been used.

2 Likes

Bubbles look good and 2 long white roots coming from coco

2 Likes

Well that is a huge temp swing, and might have caused nute lockout. I’d try a drain and fill with all bottles “unplugged”. Make sure you ph said water first and if you don’t have a spare ph meter, then just leave bottles 1+2 plugged in as they are your ph buffers. That ought to help. Another issue is your res water might be too hot. I’d take the temp of res water just to be safe

1 Like

K thanks I just did fill last night, made sure water was cool and it dispensed nutes. I’m home all weekend and will keep an eye on it. Will think about moving it away from ac because rh is at 50 and won’t get to much higher where it is.

2 Likes

@James what is this label/ sticker that is instructed to be below? I did not see a label on mine.

If your speaking of the coco pod there is no sticker on the new models. It is supposed to sit flush in the unit.

1 Like

Green crack growers choice

8 Likes

Hijack auto 5 gallon
Amnesia auto 2.5 gallon

8 Likes

Left one is fast eddy CBD not hijack lost and cut it early. BUD ROT

2 Likes

BUD ROT

5 Likes

Day 26 transition looking much better. Headlights kush

6 Likes

I’m wondering why your sativa isn’t praying!! Your autos are big, bummer about the bud rot, happens outside more than inside! But that sativa!! Are you feeding them anything! Nutes? Ph’ing water? What are you doing to help the outdoor plants?? :+1::v::joy:

1 Like