First grow—toooootally clueless

Glad you chimed in I was trying to figure out the same thing! seems to be normal! Part of strengthening the stem for future growth.

6 Likes

Welcome to the All Growers family! That pod seems to be a little high but your plants looking great! :slight_smile: How are the roots looking? Are they submerged in water? If you check just be weary of light exposure to roots. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:pray:t4::pray:t4:(She’s) vigorous!

4 Likes

They’re submerged.

4 Likes

Multiple people have been starting their plants with the pod this high. I am not sure if you have seen, but unfortunately many AG users have been suffering from a condition called “Damping Off” pretty frequently as of late! Keeping the pod dry is the best defense…

I’ve been watching a couple of these grows and a high-started pod still allows the roots to find their way down to the water! This example seems a little “extreme” but in my eyes it’s perfectly acceptable considering the issues.

I actualy had the start of damping off with my plant too once it hit Late Veg this time around! I caught it just in time, the pod got wet again and the stem was starting to turn a little mushy and indented on the left and right sides O_O!

5 Likes

I didn’t start it off this high but lifted it over time. I bumped it up a little bit more yesterday as the bottom of the cocopod was still dripping when I lifted the base. There is a lot of root development submerged.

4 Likes

Good work @haze it seems you have done a little research around the forums :wink: Too many damping off attacks to count anymore it seems like :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Resulting in extreme paranoia! :rofl:

5 Likes

Great looking out for your plant :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fought myself yesterday to leave the door closed and stop peeking in. This is what I’m seeing this morning.

7 Likes

That thing is so hearty!

5 Likes

Day 10 of early veg.

Probably ready to be topped in the next few days?

3 Likes

If you’re planning on topping it should be done in the next few days. Looking really really good

2 Likes

Topped. :grimacing:

6 Likes

Looks good! Nice cut.

Give her a day or two to bounce back and you’ll see those growth tips really start taking off

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m starting the think the leaves curling are mostly a result of me choosing the wrong recipe. Since I wasn’t sure whether this was purple haze or purple kush, I chose the generic hydrid recipe—which likely suits neither! :grinning:

2 Likes

It could be… I think that a generic hybrid recipe would be very neutral and wouldn’t affect your plant in a manner like that though.

Some of the main causes of leaf curling can be things such as wind burn, over or underwatering, possible pH issue, etc. rather than something the Grobo recipe might do as far as I know…

By the way, do you know that you can press the button on the back of the Grobo one time and it will change to “photo” mode for 30 seconds? This will give more of a red/orange light in there that is suitable for picture taking.

3 Likes

I’ve ordered some additional supplies to see more data on the variables. Until I am able to check humidity, temps, calibrate, things will just have to continue on as they have been.

2 Likes

I’m going to be honest, I’ve been down a rabbit hole of looking at other folks’ photos trying to figure out if this is purple haze or purple kush but both look the same to me from photos of this stage of growth.

5 Likes

Yeah, it may be too early to tell - and there’s a possibility it’s neither strain or a hybrid of sorts.

Either way, I think it will be fire and at least have a stellar smell to it due to the purple hue

Once she’s a bit older and more established and developed we’ll be able to tell more about the genetics from her mature leaf structure.

I’m excited to help :smiley:

Also Merry Christmas!

3 Likes