First Grow: Skywalker OG Kush

Oh boy ok. That’s all the useful info I was looking for (science)! Soooo, I’ll remove low hanging fruit, keep the big boys until I transition out of late veg (currently day 6/14), and remove extra fan leaves if 1: fan leaf is on a bud siteless stem, 2: if its it’s an extra (more than 2) fan leave on a stem supporting a bud site. Then any fan leaves that don’t qualify for removal, tuck under bud sites. Seem all good?

5 Likes

Yea I just needed to pull those big fan leaves down, but now it looks like they’re not needed anymore! I’m gonna pull those 4 big fan leaves, should I wait a few more days before cleaning up the canopy?

4 Likes

Also as you might see in the photo, a few days ago something was chewing on a few leaves, however I haven’t seen any more chewing so i assume it left or is dead.

Here’s how my other plant was doing also on day 33, the day it died. New plant looks much healthier!

5 Likes

looks healthy. Yeah you can cut them now so the bud sites pop up a bit and get bigger before transition. You could top her now too it looks like.

1 Like

4 Likes

So the two stems that grew off the first top are just developing the second nodes right now. Looks like all the other stems are either developing 2nd or 3rd nodes. I wasn’t planning on topping again, but if I were to, would just top all the 3rd or 4th nodes? Just some?

2 Likes

Save all the fan leaves… they make great breakfast juice!!!:joy:

1 Like

Here’s how she looks after some trimming. Should I extend late veg? It’s day 13/14.

7 Likes

I would let her go… but hey that’s me!

1 Like

Id extend a week or two

2 Likes

I thought I read to wait until it gets to the second fan. Its not much over the first one. I don’t think 1 week will hurt much!

Pushed it out!

3 Likes

you can always add a week and go day by day if you want and just go into first day of next stage. do a drain and fill and your set.
I personally think based on how youve trimmed her she will shoot up. I would hate to see her double once she hits transition. I always stop when canopy is full just under 2nd fan myself.

5 Likes

Awesome thank you so much!

2 Likes

Solid advice @Todd.grobo! She’s looking great. Gonna do a water change and trim in the morning! Again, just remove fan leaves not getting light, move them out of the way of bud sites, and remove new growth down low. 19/21 for late veg. Should I let it live out the next 2 days or switch it now that it’s up tobthe second fan?

5 Likes

Let it ride through. Big fan leaves hey. Love it shes happy

1 Like

The bushyness is impressive lol. Thiiiiiccccc. Post trim.

8 Likes

Oh boy… needs a haircut. This thing is thick.

8 Likes

Dang seeing some nice vertical growth in the past few days! You’re up past the second fan now! Good stuff :slight_smile:

You’re right on track pretty much for what the recipe suggests it seems like. Very strong looking plant.

Definitely looks like it could use a hair cut, haha! Lots of fan leaves to remove it seems like to free up some of the lower stuff, right? It’s a good idea to do that stuff right before a drain and fill too? I am just learning :slight_smile:

2 Likes