First Grow: Skywalker OG Kush

Cut here? Or just the wee lil bud coming out at 6?

2 Likes

The last picture is the cut you want. Just that top growth and let her recover. It will create 2 main colas on your plant from this point.

I scratched the two closer stems, they were almost vertical though. Doesn’t look too bad.

3 Likes

Great job!

1 Like

The spotted leaves are just the lower 3 leaf fan leaves. They’re also kinda shriveled up, but the new fan leaves are doing great. I might just chop those off tonight. The topping seemed to take well also.

5 Likes

I agree, I would chop them. Plant is looking great :+1:.

Not a big deal in this case but in the future, you’ll want to do your defoliating in the morning (as close to “lights-on” as possible) to give your plant plenty of light afterworlds. This assists in a speedy recovery.

3 Likes

Yep get the chain saw and hack away😎

1 Like

I haven’t cut anything yet, I’m planning on doing the 3 leaf fan leaves to start, should i do anything else? I’m referencing all the wee lil guys under the canopy, but they look happy and healthy.

Did some trimming earlier today. This thing is a god damn shrubbery lol. The leaves I cut off weren’t getting any direct light.

4 Likes

Your on a roll! She looks happy as hell :star_struck:

1 Like

Cool grow, I’m also growing Skywalker OG as my first grow. I started mine on the 10th, just barely ahead of yours, would be interested to compare.

1 Like

Is your main stalk ok? It looks deformed or small or something

1 Like

I agree, it’s looking a little suspect. How wet is your coco pod feeling?

Oh no it doesn’t look good… it hasn’t grown much in the last few days since i topped it… stem looks worse today comparing to the lic yesterday. Pod isn’t wet to the touch, but if I push down it will leave moisture on my finger. Also lower fan leaves are starting to get the brown spots.

1 Like

What’s your water temp and do you have a fan inside tour unit?

Yea, I have a fan that blows under the canopy. And water temp is currently 71.6F. It actually grew a decent amount overnight, but the stem looks very lethargic and thin now. The plant doesn’t feel very sturdy.

1 Like

It looks super wet down there, pretty sure she is damping off. Also there appears to be a bit of a brown tint on your root system. Are you running Hydroguard currently? Does your water temp ever go above 72? Can you confirm that your coco pod isn’t touching the water in the reservoir?

1 Like

Coco pod is 2-3" above water level. My apartment actually gets warmest overnight cause my AC goes into eco mode so it peaks around 71-72 in the morning, but is usually 69-70 when the AC is running. My apartment never gets above 71 though. Not running hydrogaurd…

1 Like

It does look like possible damping. At this stage I don’t think your cocopod should feel wet at all. That may be why the main stem looks unhealthy.

I would recommend adding hydroguard every drain/fill to help prevent root rot even though it seems you have a good handle on the water temps.

1 Like