First Grow-Newbie Blue Dream Auto

So…when should I trim her up again??

5 Likes

@QueenoftheGreen,

• (Caution [:warning:] On Trimming Too Much On [Autos] Read Above Info): (Being That Said, If I Had Her I Would Trim A Little At The Bottom If You Haven’t -And- A Small Amount Through It To Let Her Breath Some):

- - -

@Fastapp69,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

• (Growers Do It All The Time When They Are Trying To Contain The :bulb: Burning :sun_with_face:):

{:white_check_mark:}:

• (I Used Hooks To Keep The Colas Away From The Light):

- - -

@QueenoftheGreen,

• (The Buds More In The Light Will Flourish -And- The Ones In The Shadows Will Lag Behind): (The Location -And- Size Of The Light Is Key):

- - -

@QueenoftheGreen,

• (If You Are In Flush, I Would Stay There): (Check Closer At The Trichomes -And- Judge For Your Benefits Below):

- - -

@QueenoftheGreen,

• ((#Harvesting)): (#Congratulations): :older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 Likes

@SilverGrobo Awesome thanks so much!!

6 Likes

Day 76 Flowering Day 9/37… I can’t wait any longer it’s like I’m a little kid at Christmas :christmas_tree:!! 🪴:cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

Nice…I’ll be watching your grow. I started a BDA hydroponic in tent on 2/14 so I am a bit behind you. Mine seems really short & bushy. Waiting for her to stretch up a bit so I can decide whether to trim stuff from the bottom before she hits flower stage.

2 Likes

Blue Dream Fem not auto. Last day of late veg and I extended. Was disappointed in the height

Day 1 of flower getting taller
Day 15 of flower oops kinda tall
Day 34 need a taller Grobo
Day 36 stuff is burning at the top
Almost flush time. Lesson for me don’t extend. But it took 13 days and 2 seeds to germinate. At the time I didn’t know how to restart.

3 Likes

@DeeDub Awesome, keep me updated on yours too I’d like to see it! My next grow is gonna be a Bruce Banner so hoping I get a bigger plant.

2 Likes

@Fastapp69 Holy shit that thing is massive I wish my auto was bigger but oh well!

2 Likes

I’d recommend extending the flower time.

Also maybe try and bend some branches so they don’t touch the light and get burnt. I like to use metal hooks in the Grobo with some gardening wire. I hope this helps! Some people also physically bend the stalks in a technique called super cropping, this link might help: https://2fast4buds.com/news/benefits-of-super-cropping-autoflowering-cannabis-plants

4 Likes

@OrionsCeiling I am so tempted to do some LST but am so hesitant to do so in autos…which is all I grow due to space/time issues.

Any advise is appreciated…my BDA is still little but my WWA keeps stretching toward the light and I worry about burning. What is safe to do with auto when they are stretching high to the lights??

2 Likes

@QueenoftheGreen Here is my current girl…first BDA…now thinking I should not have topped as she seems to be bushy already…oh well…time will tell.

3 Likes

Aww…just saw that your plant was fem not auto just now…maybe time to change title so us auto growers don’t come to this thread accidentally…I still read a lot of threads cuz I luv the knowledge but just sayin…

1 Like

@DeeDub Nice looking plant! No no mine is a Blue Dream Auto and I did top mine too… maybe why it’s bushy as well?

1 Like

Here is Gerda today flower day 11/37

4 Likes

Super…glad to hear your girl is an auto as well…gives me some benchmark. I am a new grower and want to do some comparisons. Right now I have a single BDA in the tent but hope to do a same time grow in the Grobo in the future (my same time right now is a Zkittlez strain).

I’ll keep you posted on how my BDA girl (Raquel…because she is so beautiful) is doing. Looking forward to your progress…will give me good info as to whether I want to attempt BDA in Grobo.

2 Likes

@DeeDub Yupp this is my first grow EVER and chose the auto for ease of grow. I named her Gerda (Scandinavian name meaning Protector, Stronghold) and she was short and bushy and the named seemed fitting for her shape haha.:joy:

3 Likes

Gerda is a wunderbar name…it is also German. She should grow strong & proud! I am sticking to autos until my experience level matures. (I just honestly do not have the self control to not check on my plants obsessively so I know I would upset the light cycle that a photoperiod needs).

2 Likes

This was my first grow too. I check obsessively. Photograph obsessively. Not sure why I didn’t purchase the auto. Mine has just grown too tall. Other than that, I see no bad effects from the attention.

Sorry for the confusion I caused posting in an auto thread. I was only offering encouragement for the slow before the stretch.

1 Like

@Fastapp69 No worries at all!! I saw you said yours wasn’t an Auto. I enjoy seeing all the grows!!:smiley:🪴:four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

I would extend flower a few more weeks and you might have too super crop and bent those colas to stop the burn

1 Like