First Grow-Newbie Blue Dream Auto

Hey guys, this is my first grow, actually it’s my third attempt…the first seed didn’t germinate and then the second one I reused the coco pod from the first attempt and the seed got too far down in the pod and I didn’t catch it in time it didn’t get enough light. So I am on the third try now and it’s going good I think. I got the Blue Dream Auto seeds but I extended the vegetation stage by a week. I did this because I didn’t think it was growing that much then I realized that the auto seeds don’t get that big (at least this strain doesn’t). Let me know how it looks because I’m not sure if this is how it should be looking. Also I did top it off and have been trimming it. Thanks everyone!! :slight_smile: :nerd_face:

10 Likes

Looking good :herb:
I’m at the day 41 and had to extend too I’m just waiting for it to get closer to the second fan before going into flower.
Good luck with your grow blue dream is an awesome strain can’t wait to see it when it goes to flower👍

3 Likes

Thank you! I know I love Blue Dream and am excited for the buds to come!! I see that you are a sailor, my boyfriend Erik is a big sailor too he goes to lots of regattas and has a J70 I believe.

4 Likes

Nice I must say I miss sailing in regattas there so much fun, ironically I mostly sailed the vanguard “420 “ :joy:
I can only imagine how much fun it would to race a j70 especially off the starting line⛵️

1 Like

That’s hilarious I’m not good with the boats but I know the J70 is not a comfortable ride haha. I’ve been in a couple regattas with him, one on Lake Superior and let me tell you it’s nuts, the boat flies!! I almost pissed myself!:fire::sailboat:

2 Likes

I need to trim more but light was off and didn’t want to screw it up. She’s named Gerda and she’s looking like a short and stocky bush. :rofl: :deciduous_tree:

6 Likes

Hello @QueenoftheGreen ,
Autos do tend to grow shorter although some may shock you!
Changing the light schedule on an auto is not necessary because they change on their own no matter of lighting, hence the name auto.
Also autos dont like to be fussed over with a bunch of trimming/defoliation it stress’s them out.
Its best to top early and leave them to their work.
Because autos go through stages so quickly there is little time to recover from stress, so if you experience slow growth with this grow it can be due to stress caused by trimming. :eyes::seedling:

5 Likes

@Bplatinum9 Thank you, yes I realized that about autos and this strain that I got is supposed to be smaller like a countertop size plant. I did top it off early and have been trimming…I will try to not trim it now I did a bigger haircut last night and it grew a lot taller. I did figure out the nutrient #3 though the bottle had a hole in the bottom of it. Also I had another bottle on back up and the color difference is significant. The old #3 looks like the #5 bottle color… did they mix them up when the labeled them?? I took a pic.

1 Like

Here she is tonight, I added the new #3 bottle now…hoping this didn’t hurt her too much :pleading_face:

5 Likes

The nutrients arent always the same color depending on how long they’ve been sitting, they still work the same!
Your number three looks like its been open before which sometimes makes it dark because of the air hitting it.
I can say that #3 is darker than #5 but its more green! :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

Hmmm, I wonder if the nute lines were switched for Bottle #3? Has the bottle ever overflowed or left a puddle?

I’m not sure this is the first grow since I got it; how would I look for that possibility? I do know the bottle had a hole in the bottom of it.

1 Like

Hold up a sec, the bottle #3 that you have pictured had a hole in it? That bottle is filled to the brim and fuller than how bottles usually come.

If there was a hole in the bottle wouldn’t the fluid level be much lower? I don’t think there was a hole. Now I’m really thinking those nute lines might be crossed. For example, instead of pulling liquid out of that bottle and dispensing it into the DWC tank, the lines are mixed up so water is being pulled from the DWC tank and dispensed into the bottle, hence the overflow and puddling. This has happened before on 1 or 2 new units so it is possible.

3 Likes

It would be a good idea to start marking your nute bottles at each drain/fill so you know how much, if any, of each bottle has been dispensed. Usually we all just draw a line where the fluid level is in each bottle.

Were you able to work with Support on this issue? Are you using tap water, RO, or distilled?

You could perform a test to see if the nute lines are crossed. It would require you use a dosing of bottles 3-5 and about 2.5 gallons of water. Just go into Maintenance - Drain - toss water. Maintenance - Fill with fresh water (don’t recycle the earlier water because it might not get dosed or a double dose). Once the Grobo has finished Filling it will dispense the nutes one bottle at a time within about 5-10 minutes. You should be able to hear the pumps kick on and the nute lines/bottle will vibrate a little. Keep a close eye on the fluid levels in each bottle, especially #3 as I suspect it may be reversed and cause an overflow. Let us know how it goes!

2 Likes

Aahh gotcha now that makes sense uff haha. I did keep the old bottle in my sink to just make sure and I’ll check on it here. When I took the bottle out it did have a bit of it underneath so that’s probly what happened? I got a response from them this morning that said the bottles got dispensed normally this morning after I did the weekly drain and fill… I did make sure to mark it this time around too! So if the lines are mixed up how do you fix that? I’m sorry I’m not good with this kinda stuff my boyfriend is better with the mechanics. @miami5th thank you so much for all your help with this!

2 Likes

Well that may be good news! After your recent drain/fill did fluid come out of Bottle #3?

Yes it did! And I do use distilled water

1 Like

Ok great! Then the lines are definitely not crossed so that’s good! That is a little weird that Bottle 3 wasn’t dispensing earlier.

What matters the most is the health of the plant and she is looking good! Nice job and keep us updated here and we’ll make it to the finish line!

2 Likes

Yeah I know, it is odd. I’ll make sure to keep eye on it though. Thank you, I am very proud of her she’s looking awesome I think too! I can’t wait to try the buds compared to what I normally get! 🪴

1 Like

@miami5th oh man now I just checked it again and the bottle 3 is filled back up and overflowed on the bottom. Put in another ticket…

4 Likes