First grow - Gorilla Glue Auto

I appreciate all the tips I’ve come across on this forum. I used to grow on a larger scale with an ebb and flow bucket system. This is my first experience with DWC. I’m at day 10 of germination with a gorilla glue auto. Planning to do LST and go easy with the pruning. I accidentally ripped off an inch or so of the bottom of the coco pod before I started, but hasn’t seemed to affect anything. The coco pod has been pretty saturated throughout germination. I raised it up on toothpicks today. Health checked the pH around day 6 and needed calibration. Ordered hydroguard and a dehumidifier. Average air temp is 72 F, drops to around 66 F at night. Average humidity is 63.2%, and spikes up to 73% at night. Don’t yet have a thermometer for the reservoir, but planning to purchase a bluelab guardian so I can more quickly identify if there is a problem. I didn’t realize that
data isn’t available in the app when purchasing the grobo and I’m very disappointed that it isn’t. Especially for pH. I don’t want to wait until the plant is sick to address problems, so adding a bluelab guardian is my solution. I’m using RO water. I’m thinking about adding some extra vertical light strips and a flange with my old in-line exhaust fan and larger carbon filter. Also considering a CO2 tank eventually. Would appreciate any other tips and tricks with the grobo from seasoned users.

3 Likes

Sounds like you have all the bases covered. The only other thing I would recommend is a spare air pump and larger air stone. Most either find the existing one too loud, OR they tend to fail. This would fall in line with not wanting to address an issue after the plant gets sick. Also, more oxygen in the water can help deter root rot from forming without the use of hydroguard.

4 Likes

Forgot to mention, those are ordered as well. The grobo is in a spare bedroom so I don’t mind the noise, but definitely getting a backup pump.

3 Likes

Is it normal for the door to leak this much light? The magnet on the bottom is adhering. I’m going to order some white electrical tape for the top based on a tip I saw on here. Not as concerned with the auto but concerned about the door for future photo period grows.

4 Likes

That’s quite a bit of light leak if you ask me. @Todd.grobo, any thoughts?

2 Likes

- - - [2021-08.06]:

Aug 6, 3:44 AM

@TC914,

• (#Welcome): :wave:t4: :wink:

• (You Could Do The Whole World :world_map: A Favor By Doing An Experiment :woman_scientist: :man_scientist:For Us, -And- You Too [For You Have The Perfect Set-Up For It]): (Just Thought [:thought_balloon: :brain: = No_Brain..~~] Of It Just Now):

• (If You Would Be So Kind To Lay Your Video Recorder In With Your Plant To See :eye::eye: [No Light Inside image], -And- Have The Light [On OutSide image] For Just 60 Sec. [Before She Wakes Up] -Or- [Right When She Just Went Dark image] Would Do):

• (After You Get The Recording, -Either- Tell Us What You See, -Or- Share :video_camera: With Share Sites To Share With This Site): (You Could [PrintScreen] A Picture Of What You See [:eyes:] Too):

Share_Sites..~~ (2)Share_Sites..1a~~ (2)Share_Sites..1~~ (2)

• {FaceBook_Twitter_YouTube_Instigram_[etcetera]. = #ShareSites}:

~~~

~~~

- - - [2021-09.29]:

@TC914,

• (Hope This Helps): {:wink:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

Looks like mine, imo. The back light bounces in a room with white walls. I haven’t experienced any issues due to that.

4 Likes

Thanks. Not too worried about the backlight, but the light around the door. May try to get a photo of the inside during dark period to see if it’s leaking anything significantly.

2 Likes

I have seen some of the forum users use black electrical tape over the spots near the top. I am constantly putting on and removing my lids so it didn’t seem worth it to me. Esp as the Grobo is in a room by itself, so I am not in there with lights on unless I am doing something.
Is the bottom right connecting shut to the door? There is a magnet on the inside you can check to see if it’s lined up.

2 Likes

Yes, the magnet is adhering on the bottom. Just seems like there is lots of light leaking around the rubber seal at the top and bottom of the door. Was planning to do some electrical tape for the top piece so not too worried about that. My grobo is also in a room by itself, but it’s a pretty bright room during the day. May just get some blackout shades and then it won’t be a real problem anyway.

2 Likes

You can email me at support@grobo.io and we can review if there is anything we can do adjustment wise to try to eliminate as much as possible.

2 Likes

I’ll try to get a video inside the unit first. If I feel there’s too much light coming in, I’ll reach out. I appreciate all your support on here!

2 Likes

I’ve now transitioned to early vegetation and have a nice root in the water. Should I be manually lowering the water level at this time? I thought I read that the water level is supposed to be lower, but was not prompted to drain anything on transition.

2 Likes

I’d wait till your day 14 drain/fill so it doesn’t throw the reminders off. If you’re good with keeping a schedule and sticking to it, you can do it now if you want. I’d somewhat recommend waiting till it’s day 14 to give her a little more time before it introduces nutes though.

1 Like

My germination was scheduled to end day 10. Does it not introduce nutes until day 14 anyway with the next water change? I’m fine with waiting if that’s works best.

1 Like

I don’t think it does…but I could be wrong. I used to pay so much attention but now I watch the plant and nothing else lol. Usually nutes only dispense on d/f, not by change of schedule. This would be the point to check and see if your bottom fan is spinning though…just to make sure.

1 Like

Nutes are dosed on your very first drain and fill!

3 Likes

I did too, 3/4" white electrical tape from Amazon, should be here Tuesday I hope.

1 Like

Looking droopy today. The coco pod is still really wet after a few days of lifting it up. Relative humidity at 53%. Day 14 tomorrow so I’m hoping the water level decrease will dry it out some more with the next water change. Added 5 ml of hydroguard yesterday. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Put a small fan in there that will dry it out for u :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes