First grow gg#4 🌱 🌿 🌳

It looks like you’re right on point with topping here soon! I think honestly you can top at any point here as far as I know, but I’m no expert. That looks like node #5 forming right? I tried to download the pic to zoom in, my counting might be off cuz it’s hard to see the bottom leaves!

I love the way GG#4 smells… I always describe it as a spicy mustardy skunky smell

1 Like

Yup number 5 is just forming and should be ready for topping writhing the first few days of late veg then I’m going to move my hooks and make-shift net in place should be a blast :+1:

4 Likes

Awesome! Keep that girl trained, GG#4 is naturally a tall plant!

3 Likes

I have topped for the first time this morning was hard to get a picture but I got it done now to wait and watch the 2 new colas come in

5 Likes

Also took the time and got these handy dandy wires ready will be interesting to see if I can utilize all the space in the box with the first test run :crossed_fingers:

c’mon beginners luck :joy:

8 Likes

Nice setup!

2 Likes

It’s been officially 30 days and did it ever grow up fast :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Been late in the posting but here is a few pics from today got the week 5 notification and took the time to clear out some wilting leaves that were not getting light and tuck and weave some other shoots so they can get some light and lift off will check back in a couple days to see how it recovered

5 Likes

Are those sticky traps on the wall?

3 Likes

Yup the girlfriend brought some plants inside and there’s all kinds of these flys everywhere notice a few inside the grobo most likely from me just checking the plant and then sneaking in they work wonders in my other potted plants so figure I’d give it a shot in grobo working so far :joy:

2 Likes

I’m dealing with that too right now. My wife replanted one of her houseplants and I think the soil had fungus gnats present or … who knows?

I set up fly traps around the infested plant and inside the Grobo.

I’ve been using Neem Oil for the past week and I think I’m combating the population pretty good. There’s less and less present every day. … … knock on wood. Plan B is getting rid of the plant altogether, wife has approved it… but I feel bad so I wanna try to fight em off. At first I was spraying mostly at the leaves but have been focusing more on the soil itself. The fly traps around the plant have a shit ton of them on it, and i have two fly traps outside the Grobo itself on the left and right sides and also some inside the Grobo.

So far I’ve only caught one of those buggers inside the Grobo in the past two days, and I’ve noticed considerably less around the infected plant in the past days.

Also, I’ve noticed that checking on the Grobo is usually when one will make it’s way in. They like to hide behind the walls of the Grobo and the crack on the ceiling of the Grobo between the walls too I’ve seen.

Also, if your cocopod is staying damp at all still I’d suggest moving it upwards from underneath carefully because the wet pod is what was attracting a lot of them in the first month of my grow. It took me 30 days to finally dry my pod out, and I did my first Transition water change and it rose my water up to high again and re-moistened the pod. Had a tiny problem for a day or two with a couple of those little buggers but it’s been better and better.

3 Likes

It’s been a bit but here is an update :joy:
I’m currently on day 9/14 in late veg was thinking I might add a week would love your opinion as it does seem like it will be ready for transition

Ps I took the wires down as i will be moving it up to try and keep the colas spaced as the way I did below worked ok definitely could be better :joy:

4 Likes

Looking healthy for sure but I would definitely extend one week and re-analyze. She appears to be a slow and steady girl

3 Likes

For sure I just added a week should be more then enough time might not even need the full week but we will see

3 Likes

I must say my new weekly water change is starting to come with a view :joy: all that green :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Here is day 19/21

Soon to transition time :seedling: :herb: :deciduous_tree: :joy:

4 Likes

And here is day 1/14 of transition :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: this is going to get exciting very soon I just ordered in a pro kit on grobo can’t wait to play with the jewellers loupe and see if later down the road I can get some nice trichrom pics once were into late flower :+1: I was just checking on it this morning to make sure the water temp was staying cool (furnace was on overdrive this morning) so finally remembered to get a root pic here is the beauty itself :heart_eyes:

Also that brown stuff isn’t slimy pretty sure it’s a mixture of dust and nutes :joy:

6 Likes

Here is day 7 out of 14 for transition got in there and trimmed up some leaves now the fan is moving air more wish I took a before picture but now at least they are all getting some more light :joy:

4 Likes

Lookin’ great @Mikev :slight_smile: I see some more big fans you could probably trim out honestly, to get some light down there as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For sure @pyromancy I plan on going in and doing some more in a few days didn’t want to take to much at one time at least I’m getting some practice in on pruning :joy: there is already so much I plan on doing different for the next grow I’d imagine by grow 3 it’s going to be a lot smoother…hopefully :joy:

2 Likes

No worries my man, you’re doing fine. Your plant has a TON of leaves, many to sustain it’s growth. Since it’s a photoperiod it can handle the haircuts.

Anyway, maybe when you feel like it’s time for another haircut, these were the ones I would suggest starting with… the call is yours and I feel like you’re doing just fine… just my observations though of what I would take from that pic alone

One center left with “?” seems to b e blocking some light to the center of the plant a bit, one on the right with “?” seems like it’s a pretty large fan blocking some light too

You’d see a lot more light at the bottom of the Grobo and improve air flow of the plant a lot with some of those lower dark green fans “out of the picture” … ← hehe

Your plant is starting the stretch so any extra light to lower branches will allow them to jump up and compete with the taller ones at this stage, sometimes over night. Also, any extra side light penetration will continue to benefit the bud sites

4 Likes