First grow gg#4 ๐ŸŒฑ ๐ŸŒฟ ๐ŸŒณ

Thank you @pyromancy I now have my new hit list of leaves to go after when I go back in :joy: much appreciated :+1:

3 Likes

No prob, again just a suggestion feel free to take or leave the advice, I am not here to tell people what to do!

By the way, do you do any leaf tucking manually when you check your plant? If you sit down and look at your plant for a bit and notice any branches that have potential bud sites starting that are being shadowed by leaves above, you can tuck those leaves under for the day to get some light shining on the lower branches. This really really really helps a lot with giving them the light they need to jump up and compete. Ideally if the Grobo was bigger, thatโ€™s why we all use LST to try to evenly distribute light to all the branches so when the stretch begins they all shoot up together

My last plant, I would tuck my leaves twice daily for the most part, lot of spots Iโ€™d eventually understand the plant more and notice moving leaves downward underneath the action helps to get the light shining on otherwise dark spots. I think I ended up with 12 branches that all shot up to the top of the Grobo from doing this regularly.

I defoliated my auto but I wasnโ€™t able to do it as much since itโ€™s generally risky so I tried to tuck leaves and give light to things every day

3 Likes

Also one more thingโ€ฆ do you own magnetic hooks by any chance?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081RPSGZS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have 36 of these now, I actually put to use a good 18-20 of them in my last grow to keep branches up against the walls as they got taller and spread them out to give more light to things. This actually helped make smaller off-shoot branches grow taller and jump up really fast and keeps the canopy a bit more even.

EDIT: I see your hooks in there now, nevermind! Duh! And now its flashing back to me the pics up above if I just scrolled up of your Scrog you made with plant ties and hooks lol! Sorry man.

4 Likes

@pyromancy all good I have done tucking and took the scrog out as it wasnโ€™t doing much ( need to make it a bit better next time) And thatโ€™s actually one thing I will be doing in my next grow to help move the branches to make more even

2 Likes

Itโ€™s been a while but here we are day 5 of 37 for flower and itโ€™s water change time :+1:

6 Likes

Another late update but here we are finally got a day off to do some trimming on the plant to get more bud sites exposed.
Just 2 days ago I checked up on it and there was about 6 inch clearance between the light and plant this morning I opened it up and it was touching the light so I tried super cropping and had a booboo :frowning: Hopefully it heals if not oh well learning experience :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Should be fine! Looks like you got it taped up nicely. I think it will heal :slight_smile:

Sheโ€™s gettin beastly O_O!

3 Likes

I hear ya on the beastly Iโ€™m actually using the support rack to keep the plant inside the grobo so I can close the door :joy:

3 Likes

Good job on the band aids. I had to tape mines up several times as well. They seem to donโ€™t mind at all and tend to bounce back even stronger.

2 Likes

Iโ€™m hoping so far Iโ€™m not optimistic when I checked up on it today but Iโ€™m not too worried as it is my first grow and Iโ€™m just learning :joy:
All that matters is the end taste test :sunglasses: :dash:

3 Likes

Can take a bit to heal those wounds but the plants are super resilient. As long as there was a little bit of connective tissue still attached it should rebound, even if it was hanging by almost a thread

3 Likes

Day 20/37 of flower

Had to get rid of the part that snapped it didnโ€™t heal, all good though because itโ€™s getting tight in there :joy: been trying to keep it from touching the lights got some burn on the plant.

Got in and trimmed that off and used some wires to hold it back from the light :bulb: also replaced the 3,4&5 bottles.

now itโ€™s time to finish my other weed box lol all the packages in the background fell off but at least the lights stayed up and Iโ€™m all decorated for Xmas now mind you though my tree is still in โ€œthe boxโ€ :joy:

9 Likes

I love your set up!

3 Likes

Thanks , slowly getting stuff for the stoner room together lol :joy:

3 Likes

Yeh, looks awesome! Nice cabinet there :smiley:

3 Likes

Was looking real frosty today figured Iโ€™d share some of that shine lol

I couldnโ€™t get a good picture of the tricroms and just how frosty looking this bud actually is lol
the trichcroms are still clear a little bit of cloudy but still 12 days left of flower and flush period still to go so Iโ€™m imaging it will be good by then :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1: no real big buds but this for sure was a great learning experience can wait to see how it finishes up and how my next one goes compared with this grow

4 Likes

Lookin good!

You might not be done in 12 days though from the looks of things! Your buds can still fatten up quite a bit.

21 days ago you said you were on 5/37 of flower, but there werenโ€™t any buds started. I think you still have another 30 days plus flush at least from now!

Sheโ€™s looking nice btw

4 Likes

Its been a little bit so I figure I share some more frosty buds :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

Itโ€™s going to be a frosty Christmas

3 Likes

Thatโ€™s for sure Iโ€™ve decided to let it go into flush mode I could have extended but the tricroms are nice and cloudy with some amber and it would be nice to get another grow in before this lease is up as the landlord is going to add you canโ€™t grow plants inside as our next door neighbour had a nice bushy plant in their living room window and now itโ€™s gone :joy: but they had no idea about mine :joy:
Either way time to look at a place where I can actually grow and have some actual cats around :+1:
I wish this picture would do it justice as to how frosty it actually looks

Happy holidays everyone :christmas_tree:

5 Likes