[First Grow Ever] Banana Daddy RBX1 by Ethos genetics

Copy!

Just an update! She seems to be bouncing back nicely. Providing pics for reference.

5 Likes

Another update! Please Let me know if there is anything I should do or be paying attention to. Some of the pistals in the bottom middle have a very slight orange tint. Aside from that Iā€™m not too sure on what else to mention. Iā€™m seeing a lot of nodes I think but not much progress in its growth tho, idk.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure, the only thing left is to keep her happy and let her stretch and grow. You can probably stretch her branches out a bit to make sure there are proper spacing between the colas.

Once those big fan leaves at the top start covering bud sites in about 2-3 weeks, you can probably remove them. Also if you have hooks or support racks from the store, you can use them to prop the bottom leaves up a bit so they do not touch the lid at the bottom, this will help prevent bugs, mold, and also help the leaves get more light.

If you havenā€™t done so yet, I would add an additional air stone to the reservoir connected to an air pump. This will be a back up just in case the grobo air pump fails as well as adds more oxygen to your roots, this will stimulate more growth and make her stronger, and bare bigger buds in the end. Its an inexpensive addition that has great ROI (just make sure to never use the 2nd air pump during germination and seedling stage as it can cause damping off). Your water level knob shields appears to have condensation, this leads me to think that your water temps can be a bit warm, the air stone will help her in warmer water temps.

3 Likes

Hey thanks for the input @Vicc , I actually already have another pump set up but I replaced the grobo one for a ā€œstronger oneā€ but when I went back inside to see if I can have both pumps running, I noticed this green cable that was loose and was wondering if you might know what it is for? If not I think itā€™s fine since it does not seem to be connected to anything else.

Thanks, Iā€™m buying a new stone now!

1 Like

It looks like a grounding cable. Do you see a piece of metal where electronics are connected to? you may want to connect that against another piece of metal like the wall on the grobo. The loose grounding cable isnā€™t disastrous, but it protects you and your equipment if there is a surge. Always use a surge protector anyways.

I have 3 air stones in mines, it looks like a jaccuzi, she loves it!

5 Likes

There was a screw that I think is where it came fromā€¦ what about the other end? Iā€™m going to check on it now but I donā€™t recall more cables being connected to it though. Iā€™ll get back to you in a second

1 Like

Usually ground goes from neutral or negative to metal chassis of an electronic so electricity has a way to exit.

3 Likes

Okay gotcha!
Thanks for your time! Youā€™ve been really helpful

1 Like

Hey @Vicc last question! I hooked up the green cable to a screw on the grobo and I have the grobo and my pump connected to a surge protected extension. If in case I didnā€™t hook up the green cable right, will my extension prevent a surge?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes it should prevent a surge, but remember electricity needs a way to exit the equipment. normally there are a few grounding cables on expensive equipment. usually there is one around the power supply (negative or ground if applicable) to the chassis and if the equipment is big, they would have one from the chassis to the earth as well.

1 Like

I only have one end of the green cable hooked on to a screw, will I have to hook the other end to something else? Sorry, Iā€™m not that savvy in these things

2 Likes

I am not able to get into my grobo (to know exactly where it connects to) at the moment to take a look since its in my tent. But normally it would be connected from a piece of metal that has electronics to the chassis or from negative to the chassis. That is what I know from my fundamental electronic studies and building computers.

To be sure, put in a support ticket and they should be able to help you sort it out rather quickly:
https://support.grobo.io/hc/en-us/requests/new

4 Likes

Hey! Just an update, sheā€™s looking good overall, Iā€™m seeing a lot more pistals coming out.
I did notice on the middle/ lower section some pistals have orange tipsā€¦ is that normal?
Also, should I defoliate or do anything else to her?

Thanks!

4 Likes

The orange pistils are fine.

I wouldnā€™t defoliate anymore at the moment, she seems to have all the upper leaves gone and Iā€™m seeing light shining through all the way down to beneath the plant.

5 Likes

Hey!
Just wanted some input on thisā€¦ I started noticing some small white dots on the bottom most leaves.
Any ideas on what it could be or if itā€™s bad? Plus the coco medium seems to be molding a little? Some bottom leaves also have a little orange tint and I havenā€™t added anything to the fills aside from hydro guard.

As for the dead leaf in the bottom, I figure itā€™s from the beginning of the grow where the ph probe was not calibrated.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Those white molds are actually beneficial bacteria, they will form all over your cocopod. they sometimes get onto the leaves due to the fan and handling. You can probably remove the dead leaves at the bottom, and let the others grow out.

4 Likes

Hey everyone just want some advice on which leaves I should cut down since Iā€™m scared of cutting some down, now that it will be in flowering in 2 days!

Iā€™ve circled some leaves that are kind of blocking some nodes under it and Iā€™m wondering if I should get rid of those.

Thanks!

1 Like

if itā€™s a photo, cut 'em. you can always extend flower and control the plant. if itā€™s an auto, i would say cutting those three fans should be just fine. you could always try tucking if an auto, but only cutting 3 leaves shouldnā€™t affect her much.

6 Likes

What if there feminized seeds