[First Grow Ever] Banana Daddy RBX1 by Ethos genetics

It looks like shes responding to her first nutrient dosage. This seems to be pretty normal with the grobo. To reduce the stress, you can add an extra cup of RO water directly into your reservoir and do daily water top offs (fill only) until she stops showing new spots.

With your water temp that high, I would recommend looking into some microbes to protect your root zone (products such as hydroguard). She would be happier if the RH was a bit higher, other than that, she does look good.

6 Likes

Thanks for the tips bro,
This is my first time so what is a water top off? lol
Also, I’ve been adding 1.5 teaspoons of hydroguard with every fill/drain

Thanks!

4 Likes

Water top off = filling your reservoir back to its full water line. You can do this by going through maintenance and selecting fill and filling your grobo.

Most manual growers would top off and check their water on a daily basis. The grobo nornally reminds you to do this once a week but you can actually do it daily to help dilute your nutrient solution.

Awesome! You’re on the right track.

6 Likes

This looks great! Keep up the good work, maybe get a small fan to help cool down the plant if the unit is getting hot inside a bit! Cheers

4 Likes

She ain’t looking too good overnight🥺
I’ve had the humidity at around 55 and temp at around 80-82, could it be the water temp? It’s at 76.3 F
Should I fill/drain?

6 Likes

Its okay you’ll cut off those leaves in a few weeks. Look at my early grow. I had ugly leaves at first too but she kicked ass later. The spots seems to be on the old leaf only and not the new growth. They are very resilient plants and bonce back quickly once the conditions are right

Have you calibrated your PH probe before starting your grow? it could also be ph issues. If your probes do need to be calibrated then I would recommend a drain and fill.

However if your probes are indeed calibrated, then this is just the normal browning everyone on AG gets at first, just add more water to the reservoir and do daily top off. To avoid this next time, allow her to get a bit bigger in germination under a dome and slowly lower the RH to 50 before entering veg. I would even allow her leaves to yellow a slight bit in germination before entering veg.

I also used this as a grow guidelines when I first got started, it really helped me get my conditions in order.

If you are interested in the accessories many growers get on AG to help their grow:

Extra air pump + Extra airstone (big one) - this will be bonus air for the roots and back up air in case grobo malfunctions.

Mini fan - will help your plant become stronger later and help dry out the coco pod to avoid dampening. You can start putting a fan on her in a few weeks.

Magnetic hooks - training and support

Hygrometer - monitor conditions

Hydroguard - root protection

Scrog - if you are planning on training

Warer chiller - baller status and expensive. If you have basic electronics experience, you can build a DIY chiller for like fractions of the cost with peleteir and water blocks like how gamers do for their PC

These items are not necessary to complete your grow, but it helps the success of your grow.

7 Likes

Thanks for the info man! Unfortunately I can’t calibrate the pH since I don’t have any calibration solutions but I did just fill/drain for the first time in veg and it only filled to the second level, is that normal? I’m wondering mainly because I used the same amount of Hydroguard (1.5 teaspoons) as before but this time the water is lower.

2 Likes

This is how she’s doing, just saw the #5 get dispensed for the first time just now.

3 Likes

You will want to get some calibration solution and calibrate your probe. Do you have any means to test your PH. Some strips perhaps?

Before every grow, you will want to calibrate your ph probe. This may be why your leaves are browning

4 Likes

Should be okay with the hydroguard, you can’t go overboard with that. Some growers go 3x the dosage.

The middle fill line is normal, for luring your roots lower and giving more air to your roots

3 Likes

Thanks bro, I’ll be getting the calibration solution very soon!

2 Likes

@joreyes1115

Congrats on your new grow! @Vicc is spot on, unless you are using tap or another type of unfiltered water, your unit has dispensed far more pH down than what is typically used at this stage of growth. Get that probe calibrated ASAP, your plant will recover.

4 Likes

@joreyes1115,

((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

• (WelcomeToTheWorldLittleOne): :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• ((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling:(:eyes:)

- - -

image Vicc [ChampionToMe]: :medal_sports:

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): :green_thumb:

• (OnGoingProblem): (EvenIfYouDon’tHaveTheSolutionsYouCanClean [BothPens] -Or- [BothSensors]):

• (KeepCleaningYourProbes): (Both [ECpen&PHpen]): [:bathtub:]:

Funny..-- [:laughing:]:

• (AddExtraWaterInYourTankToHelpCombatExtraNutes):

• (Lift [Coco-Pod] ToHelpCombat [RootRot] FromRaisingWaterLevel):

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

- - -

--

3 Likes

This is her now, doesn’t seem to be doing much better, I’m still waiting on grobo support to get back to me with ph readings. I have my ph solution coming in tomorrow.
The roots a little brownish? Could that be because of bottle #5?

4 Likes

Better pic

5 Likes

If your ph probes are uncalibrated, grobo support will not be able to give you accurate reading. I highly recommend getting a PH tester. You can get a PH drip tester for pretty cheap and accurate.

People also use PH pens but they can get pretty pricey for accurate ones.

The roots looks like it’s stained, possibly from the nutes? If they are slimey then It could possibly early signs of rot

5 Likes

I had the same problem I put a support ticket in and I was told to do another drain/fill with the same water and make sure the nutrients were properly dispensed. Apparently there was a bug in the software that prevented the plant to be feed after drain/fill they,are working on the issue.

5 Likes

I put in a support ticket a couple days ago and haven’t gotten a reply :confused:
This is her so far, not looking any better. I’ve calibrated the ph probe yesterday and it just seems to be getting worse to me.

3 Likes

The calibration may have been too late. This was why @SWSVIC and myself was trying to express our urgency. At the moment, it would be more beneficial to start over to give your new seedling a better start. Taking this much abuse early on will probably be detriment to your end yield

2 Likes

Yea I get that! Appreciate all the help @Vicc ! And everyone else!

2 Likes