[First Grow Ever] Banana Daddy RBX1 by Ethos genetics

This is how she’s doing, just saw the #5 get dispensed for the first time just now.

3 Likes

You will want to get some calibration solution and calibrate your probe. Do you have any means to test your PH. Some strips perhaps?

Before every grow, you will want to calibrate your ph probe. This may be why your leaves are browning

4 Likes

Should be okay with the hydroguard, you can’t go overboard with that. Some growers go 3x the dosage.

The middle fill line is normal, for luring your roots lower and giving more air to your roots

3 Likes

Thanks bro, I’ll be getting the calibration solution very soon!

2 Likes

@joreyes1115

Congrats on your new grow! @Vicc is spot on, unless you are using tap or another type of unfiltered water, your unit has dispensed far more pH down than what is typically used at this stage of growth. Get that probe calibrated ASAP, your plant will recover.

4 Likes

@joreyes1115,

((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

• (WelcomeToTheWorldLittleOne): :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• ((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling:(:eyes:)

- - -

image Vicc [ChampionToMe]: :medal_sports:

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): :green_thumb:

• (OnGoingProblem): (EvenIfYouDon’tHaveTheSolutionsYouCanClean [BothPens] -Or- [BothSensors]):

• (KeepCleaningYourProbes): (Both [ECpen&PHpen]): [:bathtub:]:

Funny..-- [:laughing:]:

• (AddExtraWaterInYourTankToHelpCombatExtraNutes):

• (Lift [Coco-Pod] ToHelpCombat [RootRot] FromRaisingWaterLevel):

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

- - -

--

3 Likes

This is her now, doesn’t seem to be doing much better, I’m still waiting on grobo support to get back to me with ph readings. I have my ph solution coming in tomorrow.
The roots a little brownish? Could that be because of bottle #5?

4 Likes

Better pic

5 Likes

If your ph probes are uncalibrated, grobo support will not be able to give you accurate reading. I highly recommend getting a PH tester. You can get a PH drip tester for pretty cheap and accurate.

People also use PH pens but they can get pretty pricey for accurate ones.

The roots looks like it’s stained, possibly from the nutes? If they are slimey then It could possibly early signs of rot

5 Likes

I had the same problem I put a support ticket in and I was told to do another drain/fill with the same water and make sure the nutrients were properly dispensed. Apparently there was a bug in the software that prevented the plant to be feed after drain/fill they,are working on the issue.

5 Likes

I put in a support ticket a couple days ago and haven’t gotten a reply :confused:
This is her so far, not looking any better. I’ve calibrated the ph probe yesterday and it just seems to be getting worse to me.

3 Likes

The calibration may have been too late. This was why @SWSVIC and myself was trying to express our urgency. At the moment, it would be more beneficial to start over to give your new seedling a better start. Taking this much abuse early on will probably be detriment to your end yield

2 Likes

Yea I get that! Appreciate all the help @Vicc ! And everyone else!

2 Likes

Most of our first run ended in very similar ways, just consider this a test run. My test run, my seed didn’t even pop :sweat_smile: so you’re off to a better start than I was.

Dm me your new thread when you do your new run and I’ll be sure to watch it and help you along the way.

2 Likes

Hey @joreyes1115, this being your first grow, I was told by @Dani that the probes come calibrated and ready to go, and shouldn’t need to be calibrated again until… um, I have to check my email but I believe she said after the 1st grow. And I don’t even know that you’ve made it far enough into this one to have to calibrate before a new grow, if indeed this one can’t rebound. So sorry. :frowning:

2 Likes

That’s what I was told as well by support but I still calibrated in case. I’m gonna give it a couple more days and see if she gets better and if not I’ll just start over! Thanks Angie!

3 Likes

I’d add that you might not be using enough hydroguard for the temperature that your water’s usually at. It might take a little extra to get the job done in this case. I’d up the dose to 2-3 teaspoons instead of the 1.5, or have you tried that?

6 Likes

I will do that tomorrow morning! Im gonna drain/fill first thing in the morning! Thanks!

If you haven’t done a drain full after recalibration, you should do that asap.

3 Likes

Doing it now!

2 Likes