First Grow - CBD Blue Shark

Hey everyone!

Any thoughts on timing? Buds still aren’t too big/no big colas yet. I extended flower for a week, so current schedule is 2 weeks left in flower and 10 days in flush.

Thanks!

L

4 Likes

Might be more like 3ish weeks in flower but she’s coming along nicely!

4 Likes

Here we are today! Going with 2 more weeks of flower. I’ll send an update next week.

4 Likes

Yummy :drooling_face:

2 Likes

@OrionsCeiling - still think that’s about the right schedule? 2 weeks of flower and 10 days of flush?

Also thanks for always responding!

Best,

L

1 Like

Good question. I’d wait a week or a week and a half to decide whether to add more. The trichomes are where the decision is usually made!

Do you have your jeweler’s loupe handy?

1 Like

@OrionsCeiling

1. I feel like a complete idiot because I can’t focus using the Grobo loupe.

2. I just noticed the stalk split in half at the top. Did a tape job on it, but now worried.

2 Likes

Ok stalk splitting is really normal and happens more often than we think. It might help you out in the long run with trichome development

It’s adjustable. Takes a bit of time to learn to use but you have to find the sweet spot. It’s confusing you’ll figure it out!

1 Like

@OrionsCeiling does the tape matter?

And trying to figure it out lol

1 Like

Not exactly the same but basically the same premise. Take a read:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/propagation/grafting/reattaching-broken-stems.htm

1 Like

OK. Used a piece of straw to hold it in place… Hopefully the schedule stays in place.

Best!

L

1 Like

Down to 11 days on the Grobo flower schedule. Don’t see any harm done from the split as yet. Here are a couple close ups of the branches in question.

Thanks everyone and especially @OrionsCeiling !

1 Like

3 Likes

Looks great in there

1 Like

I’m thinking flush tomorrow or Tuesday. I usually have time to refill during the day then.

1 Like

OK - so I decided I’ll do a regular water change with nutes today and then start flush on Tuesday with Flawless Finish.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Ended up going to flush today. Here she is:

I’ll send an update next week!

L

3 Likes

Is there a good thread on cleaning the unit after a grow/recalibrating the ph sensor? I’ve been looking but haven’t seen anything really dedicated to just that.

Just trying to see if I need anything before I start grow #2.

My first seed in the grobo start never germinated so planted another one today - hopefully that one works.

Thanks!

L

3 Likes

This is a good guide for a proper clean out of the Grobo.

When you harvest, I would suggest draining the unit completely, getting all the water out, and giving it a good wipedown with some vinegar and then possibly isopropyl after before drying. You could end up doing the full clean out, but typically I would suggest getting your plant trimmed (if you choose to do so) and hung as soon as possible to start the dry and cure pretty quickly.

It is a good idea to hang your pH probe in a plastic baggie with either distilled/RO water or a storage solution to keep it saturated while the dry process goes on/ inbetween grows. You can use magnet hooks to hold it in place while it sits in the liquid.

4 Likes

OK. Thanks @pyromancy !

1 Like