First grow: Blue Widow

looks good. What kind of water you use

1 Like

Currently i am using regular tap water on my refills.

Due to covid and post covid, it has become a chore to find distilled water available at local stores.

Just cut off the dying leaves no point in keeping them they’ll never recover :+1:. Looks okay otherwise

1 Like

Youll continue to get leaves like that. If your going to continue buy a water filter jug for your fridge and use that but dont put in your fridge do room temp

2 Likes

I’m not too concerned over using tap water but i do want to get a filter so i can filter out the chemicals. Next grow i will use that water specifically made for hydroponics.

1 Like
  • ((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

• ((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling: (:eyes:)

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

• ((#ChampionsGotYouCovered)): :clap:

• (AmazingSave): :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart: (GladYoufiguredItOut):

• (MyMouthDropped[:scream:]WhenISeen[:eye:]This):

• (This Light Will Burn Your Plant With Water On Her): :droplet: :bulb: :fireworks:

--

• ((#SomeReads)): :open_book:(:eye:)

• > ((#Stages)): :1234:

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/stages-in-a-grow-cycle/1740/3?u=silvergrobo

--

:infinity:

2 Likes

Is that what caused that?
I was thinking nutrient burn at first then noticed very small gnat looking flies in my grobo. (I wish it were more airtight andre light tight for the money and less flimsy). I was thinking they might have infected it or spread something. After flushing my system last night, i noticed water on the tray from wetting the coco pod and thought it would dry so i left it. Checked it this morning and leaf tips were sitting in it. (Only a small amount). Water doesn’t seam to evaporate very well which is a good thing for humidity. Here in Texas it’s a drier climate so im not used to moisture lasting as long as it does inside the grobo

2 Likes

Looking better

6 Likes

What do you guys think about trimming?
Should i top, lollipop or thin it out right now or should i wait a little more?
Looks like the top bigger gan leaves could go to allow more light to lower branches along with removing a few lower leaves to give more room.
Also, it is day 27

3 Likes

Yeah you can get rid of the lower growth, and if it’s not an auto you typically want to top it at the 5th node, which you have so I would go ahead and trim/top and extend your veg for another 2 weeks :+1:

Thanks Russell!
I’ll do so when i gett of work

Well… i think i messed it up. What do you guys think?
Heres a before and after.

1 Like

:eyes:!!!

2 Likes

Lmao. When it comes to pruning; it never was my stronghold.

1 Like

Took these on 7-14-20 at day 49. Does this look like average height? I would have like to do vegetative phase a bit longer but couldn’t figure out how.

2 Likes

Go to Maintenance 》Shift Schedule 》Extend

2 Likes

Just extending it by 7 days. Figured i was too far into the transition stage to go back to veg stage since its been on a 12 hr light schedule for a while. I had no idea that this option was on here… my grobo didn’t come with a manual.

2 Likes

Yeah, I spent hours on here before pulling the trigger and it made things that much smoother. You know now tho, better late than never! Btw, search the forum and elsewhere on extending during Transition. Some people advise against it, but ultimately we’re all working with different variables and what might be or seem true for one grow may not necessarily apply for another. Either way it’s good to know the general consensus going in.

2 Likes

This is where i am currently at. Trimmed last night andadded pics from this morning. I am at day 58 and have previously increased the transition stage by 7 days. Is my plant height normal?

5 Likes

Hey @DEisen

Your plant is definitely on the short side an it will finish that way as you are nearing the end of the stretch.

1. Running the Grobo recipe time wise (without at least a short extension of late Veg.) is almost never recommended.

2. I believe you also had a slow grower/stunted plant on your hands.

These 2 things in conjunction are are very likely to be the cause of the small size of the plant. Also, have you been removing your plant from the unit every time you trim? I don’t believe this is a good practice as it causes your roots to be exposed to light for an extended period of time which is a definite no no.

2 Likes