Filling Issue (Doesn’t Finish)

When I go to fill my Grobo it stops at the second float sensor and stops. The lights stay green. I tried to drain it, but it was still “filling”. The only way I can get this to return to “normal” is by cycling the power. I included a pic.

1 Like

I believe @dukz009 and @MindFlayer experienced a similar issue, can you guys shine any light on this?

2 Likes

I’m wondering if the wiring for the two sensors got reversed.

If you look under your reservoir you will see the three sets of wires running to a board at the bottom left of your Grobo (lift the reservoir gently, the clips are fragile!). The clips in my unit had “L”, “M”, and “H” written on them. The L wire clips into the plug closest to the front of the unit, M clips in the middle, and H clips in the furthest back. I am not recommending you do this, only offering information based on my personal findings, proceed at your own risk haha. I would submit a support ticket either way, the Grobo support team is extremely efficient and will get you squared away quickly!

1 Like

I think that water level is ok. I remember when I did my first fill up the light color turned green when it was finished. Also, there are 3 fill gauges like @SWSVIC mentioned. It looks like the water level reached your “high” gauge which is why it’s at like 45 degree angle and sorta floating. I want to say my high gauge looked like this also on first fill. Did you just start your recipe? Does the fill process ever complete within the app/website?

I don’t think the sensors are switched. Because it wouldn’t have filled to that level if that was the case. It would have only filled to the 2nd sensor and the water level is well beyond the middle sensor

1 Like

I agree the fill level appears to be spot on, I believe the issue is that the app won’t register that the fill is complete.

1 Like

So the sensor trip’s when it is at a 45 degree angle? I filled it using the maintenance fill, so maybe that is why. It looked like it wasn’t high enough to reach the coco pod, even with the bubbler runnin.

My seeds arrive tomorrow so I’ll report back 5-7 days after I start my grow.

It is supposed to stop just before it would hit the coco pod.

3 Likes

Yeah I think that’s how it works man. The coco pod should not be in the water! The bubbler generates bubbles and you should see a bunch of condensation underneath the lid and maybe even drops of water coming from the coco pod. But the coco pod should not be in the water! If you have a newer system like me, the lid doesn’t have a “pod below line mark” so you make the coco pod flush with the lid

3 Likes

Also I don’t think the air pump bubbler kicks on until your start a grow/recipe. So you won’t see any condensation under the lid until the grow is started

3 Likes

Hey all,

Yes sir. Had a a faulty low level float, @Dani sent me a couple awesome PDF’s and even assisted over the phone as I removed the panel and inspected the PCB (pump control board). Very simple to do, you’ll need a small size Phillips (star) screw driver and a couple minutes of your time, no stress! Open a ticket.

Good luck
Eric

2 Likes

2 Likes

Awesome “under the hood” pics! Grobo support is top f’ing notch!

2 Likes

Right! Next is turbo and inter cooler! :joy::joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: Fast and the furious 93: The Grobo edition

1 Like

Have you started a recipe? If you just went in and hit fill and filled the Grobo it’s not going to do anything I don’t think cause you have “told” it to by selecting a recipe. Which is what I’m guessing is the culprit

4 Likes

No, I was using the maintenance fill. Was going to get it ready for tomorrow when my seeds arrive, looks like I’ll be putting that off for a bit.

2 Likes

Yeah so the pump won’t come on and the lights won’t change then. So I’m going to assume the machine itself is fine :+1:

1 Like

No the machine isn’t fine. The fill cycle doesn’t end on the machine, the light stays green. The app says its finished filling, but the light stays green and it wont let me do anything else.

1 Like