Filling Issue (Doesn’t Finish)

Yeah but I think it’s because you haven’t selected a recipe and just filled it up. Imo you shouldn’t have filled it if there’s nothing started yet

1 Like

Try selecting a recipe and go through all the stuff and then just force end the grow and see if that does anything

1 Like

No, the fill cycle should stop regardless after its filled up.

1 Like

Have you tried what I suggested?

I understand what you’re saying but it could be a programming thing. You haven’t selected a recipe so it’s not going to switch over is my thinking cause there’s nothing telling it to do so.
The box is utilized using commands so if you just went and filled with no recipe selected with said commands nothing is going to change when the box stops filling. That’s what I’m assuming is the case because there wouldn’t be a command to change the lights and activate the pump etc of there’s nothing to tell it to do those things

2 Likes

I give up. Waiting for support to get to my ticket.

2 Likes

I did not try to fill prior to selecting a recipe so I cannot say for certain but Russ knows his sh*t and what he’s saying makes sense. @VTGroboGuy good call my man, Grobo team is back in office tomorrow and will get it figured out quickly.

3 Likes

And yeah there have been a few with this issue but not that I’ve seen due to filling prior to selecting a recipe

1 Like

I’m going to give it a shot tomorrow when my seed arrive, but I am pretty certain that the issue has to do with the float sensor. Why else would it stop at the second one?

I measured the water level when it was filled to that point and measured from where the coco pod end is to the water level and it was over 2" away, pretty sure the bubbler isn’t going to reach that high.

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, the normal behavior is that it only fills to the high mark (top sensor) for the first week or two and then it fills to the low mark for the remainder of a grow.

Without a grow started it is probably just defaulting to the low line and the high fill is treated specially.

2 Likes

Russel,

You called it. I received my seeds today and started a new recipe, sure enough it filled all the way up to the high level sensor. Not quite sure why it stops at the second sensor when you fill using maintenance. Waiting for support to get back to me on that.

4 Likes