Fan leaf repurpose

So! I’m big into reducing waste, well kind of. I just can’t throw away those beautiful fan leafs. Just wonder what kind of ideas do you guys do. I dry mine and mix with other leafs like guanabana (soursop) and make calming teas. Maybe some cool salads or arts and crafts.

4 Likes

I cook with mine. Yum yum

4 Likes

Now we’re talking. It could replace a lot of spinach dishes. Like a Eggs Benedict Florentine, or salmon topped with Charred garlic butter fan leaves. :joy:

2 Likes

I typically dry mine and make oils to cook with but have wilted them to eat too

2 Likes

I’ve seen fan leaves used for juicing or in smoothies etc. Apparently they have really good antioxidant properties and some others I can’t recall. Don’t need a lot either

2 Likes

I know there isn’t any thc in them but they sure taste like bud. That will definitely amp up a green machine. :ok_hand: I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

Yeah I was following a gentleman on YouTube. I can’t find it for some reason but very informative, I’ll post back if I can find it, this was a couple years ago that I saw it.

1 Like

you are correct. Mixed with frozen cauliflower and spinach and bam tons of vitamins and benefits

3 Likes

My cat loves to eat my sniped fan leaves lmfao

1 Like

You can use the stems to make tea too!

3 Likes