Exhaust fan setup out the window or use Ona?

- - - [2021-10.26]:

@TheDogMan,

• (Just Try Ona For Now To See How That Goes): (Just Like A Candle_ :candle:, It Has To Be Replaced When Depleted): (If It Doesn’t Pan Out, Then Use Option #2):

• [‘exhaust’]: {:mag:}:

{:wink:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5 Likes

I would add a carbon filter and fan in the room over using Ona…

or best way

Exhaust fan is the best option I think or even better… Carbon Filter with fan exhausting outside… That is the best way just not the easiest / cheapest way…

If your not sure what I mean I can get you a picture of my setup with carbon fans.

3 Likes

I looked and for about $80, I can do something to vent out the window. The room is so small and I can close it, I think just venting it should do it, if I do it that way.

2 Likes

Exhaust fan if money is no problem if money is I would stock up on Ona, but a exhaust fan would pull more air through for ventilation.

1 Like

The ball is in your court on this one, just wouldn’t want that area getting to hot with 2 units in that little area.

2 Likes

Thanks @SilverGrobo thats my carbon filter setup above you can do the same but exhaust outside. Bullet proof way

4 Likes

This is all you need my friend…and get some double sided tape to attach the piece over the vent in the back of the grobo. The fan is adjustable too. .

5 Likes

That will work also!! One thing to note if you don’t know at some point you will have to replace the carbon filter. I normally get about 8 months out of mine.

4 Likes

Hot damn I see a mod incoming next grow @STANK

3 Likes

Thanks for the great suggestions. The room is so small 5x7 and if I close it up, I think a 6" exhaust fan to a dryer type vent “hopefully” will be enough. This can be completely hidden if things go well as there is a small area where the window sill is, so I can mount it all there and it is behind the curtains. Then have the end peek out. :grinning:

I am a lot older than most here and not many at all know I am even MMP in real life, so I want to keep this looking like a computer file cabinet type room if I can. If I turn off the Grobo, it looks like the other cabinets in there just about.

If not then later I can look at the other things. I ordered something last night and hope it works like I am thinking.

2 Likes

@STANK where did you get that massive carbon filter?

I just realized it was in the photo on amazon lol

1 Like

What is the blue thing with the round base on the top of your unit for? Thank you

1 Like

It’s a lava lamp

1 Like

$100 and totally eliminates the smell.

1 Like

Sweet next grow I am going to rig this up on my unit!

1 Like

I ran into a problem and can’t add the things I mentioned yet. I did not think of the weather and winter coming and the thin plastic pieces I was going to use in the window, I doubt would do little to stop the cold with winter coming. I can insulate it and things like that, but I decided to cancel the order and going to rethink it.

The smell now with 1 just in flower is not that bad, I use Febreze for now and it seems to work. Once I get 2 going, then I need to start doing something. A tiny 1/4 second blast is more than enough with this, anything longer and it’s very strong.

2 Likes

Just something I feel I should mention out loud

When using products like that and Ona close to the unit if these air fresheners get inside the unit it can alter the flavouring of buds

Just a FYI

Here is a read on it for your reference

4 Likes

did you cancel your grobo 2 order?

1 Like

Thanks, I don’t use a lot. One grow box I was looking at even comes with Ona and a little shelf or stick thing on the back where the exhaust fan is???

So not sure myself, just many say to use it and now I guess some say to not use it??? I did read on Reddit that some say to only use outside the grow room, so I guess that is best. :grinning:

2 Likes

No, I cancelled the fan and vent stuff for now.

I already started rearranging the room for the Grobo 2, I moved the original to another spot and going to put the 2 where it was.

1 Like