Exhaust fan setup out the window or use Ona?

No, I cancelled the fan and vent stuff for now.

I already started rearranging the room for the Grobo 2, I moved the original to another spot and going to put the 2 where it was.

1 Like

Sweet I am super glad you kept the number 2 order, Can not wait to order mine in the near future, have a great day sir!!

I totally agree. Great point to consider. It WILL pull into the unit.

2 Likes

I wonder why so many say to use Ona, seems like you should not be using it, except other areas not near the grow room.

1 Like

You have fans pulling in fresh air so it only stands to reason that any scents in the room would be pulled in to the unit. My $100 exhaust/filter does the job.

2 Likes

Nice, but I will stick with the Febreze for now and just spray it in the other rooms I guess. I really dont want anything like that, as I bought the Grobo as it is small and inconspicuous. While that looks great, just not what I am going for. :grinning:

I also wonder if the flawless finish I am going to use from AN will do anything to help if it happened?

1 Like

Correct! This is how the product should be used in a area where the product will not get sucked into the unitā€¦

Iā€™m not trying to be Negative just wanting to give everyone the information to look intoā€¦ At that point at least you can make your own decision on how you want handle it

3 Likes

In a nutshell Flawless finish will aid in removing salt buildup and heavy metals from synthetic nutrientsā€¦

2 Likes

I guess, I have to revisit venting out the window and trying to insulate it somehow. Easiest way it seems, almost everything is hidden, no big things in the room and should vent the smell and heat better than just blowing back in the same room I guess.

I have all the items to make it work in my cart, just the cold and trying to insulate it, I need to look into.

1 Like

Your were right to bring it up as I thought Ona was what everyone was doing from hearing stuff. If it can ruin a grow, I think it should be known. :grinning: I never knew and I read everything just about.

2 Likes

I should add I donā€™t believe it will ruin the grow but it can alter the taste / smell. This is something I wouldnā€™t want to happen to my product but Iā€™m thinking maybe some people wouldnā€™t mindā€¦ Iā€™m just sharing my knowledge on the topicā€¦ If you room has a door you can close just adding a Carbon filter in the room and running it 24/7 or when in flower does a really good job in cleaning up the smellā€¦ You can try that firstā€¦ If you not happy with the results then you can duck the exhaust outside vs back into the roomā€¦ And you can use the same gear so no lose in $$$ trying to scrub the air in the room first.

3 Likes

Sorry for changing my mind again :grinning: I put the room size air purifier back in ā€œfor nowā€ and set it about 75% so not super super loud. With the front closed, it does good enough and I can just spray a quick puff of Febreze in the other rooms and not worry about it going in there.

I think I am going to wait for the Grobo 2 to come and actually see how strong the smell is once 2 get going. I really donā€™t have to worry about neighbors or anyone smelling it, except when someone comes over. Then I can just spray the Febreze more in the other rooms if I have to. Then I can decide on something more permeant or I can even move everything to my basement and it can do whatever it wants down there. I just am trying to not do that as then I will forget about it. I like having it off the kitchen so I can see it or just know it is there.

2 Likes

No worries make sense

2 Likes

Something I am trying to see how it helps or not. I put this in the hallway about 20 feet from the Grobo room. It does not cover all the smell, but seems to ā€œstopā€ the smell from going past this and into the living room and other rooms. So I consider that OK for now as the smell stays in the kitchen and back area.

2 Likes

Quick update, this is doing wonders here with just 1 Grobo in flower. I moved it from the hallway to the kitchen, about 12 or so feet from the Grobo area, and it cover everything now even set on low. Set on medium it can be very strong, so that might be for when people come over. I canā€™t see ever needing high, as it is so strong. :laughing: The only exception is when I open the door to the Grobo to do somethings.

2 Likes