Everything Flora Flex

Fox farms soil an nutrients but is this about accurate except the light

3 Likes

@Mpower11 might agree that if your not buying the light it may be cheaper to buy things seperatly.
In a kit there is not always the best quality stuff in my opinion.
Love the fox dirt it can be hard to find, so make sure you can get a hold of a steady supply.
Everything looks pretty standard.

3 Likes

I would agree. The “grow set” i was given had no info included with it and googling it brought up what I can tell are two price points of lights (Under 200, over 500) my set seems to be the under 200 by alot but the buds are decent size. About to get my first tent harvest so ill know what im starting at. I only gave them 60 days in vege and now that i know how theyll do they could do 90 np.
but i agree on the pre made kits. Not always the best solution.

4 Likes

Thanks that helps a lot :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes

:+1:t2: Thanks I am I liked @Bplatinum9 advice am yours makes perfect :ok_hand:t3: sense :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

3 Likes

I agree with everyone on the kits

If your going to hand water and grow in soil that’s a easy setup.

Tent size depends on how many plants you want. Min size I would go is 4x4 height tall as possible. View window is a nice option

I don’t recommend Gorilla tent. Product is nice don’t get me wrong but the price is so high on them cheaper options out there

Tent Clip on fans pole fans are nice to recirculate the air. The ones that move back-and-forth I have not found a good one yet they all break in a short time. So I suggest just a good fix position fan

You’re going to want good size humidifier

You’re going to need not now but probably later a dehumidifier (good size one). Mine has a hose that connects to it then pumps water to my drain. Best option if you can make that happen

Buys tips.

With the humidifier and dehumidifier do you want to purchase some thing that supports auto reset if power failure. If you automate in the future you won’t have to repurchase again.

Like Bobbie said you’re going to need those ratchets there in your picture above to hang your light. 4 in total for the light only

Are you gonna hang your carbon filter inside (if inside may need mounting straps some come with them some don’t or outside of your tent I personally hang mine outside of the tent so it’s not intruding in space. This will exhaust out of the tent

You also need a intake fan variable speed to offset the negative pressure in the tent (optional second carbon filter here if wanted)

Are you planning on putting your potted plants on a flood floor with a drain to a bucket? or are you going to just put a driptray underneath them? If your going with Driptray then I recommend having a small shop around to suck up leach water if needed. (You will need for sure when you flush)

I hope this doesn’t confuse you. Let’s start the list here.

Edit

You need a timer for your light also

You need a 15amp Circuit that nobody is using for Hydro also

2 Likes

Is that grow posted here? If so I missed seeing it! Please send me a link

1 Like

I ran mine into a pitcher with metric and imperial volume markings. While running I timed it until it reached 200 mL. This is the base time for my timer. During early veg I left it at the time I originally measured. When I got to late veg I increased the time by adding a couple seconds. When I flipped to flower I increased the time a couple more seonds.

I have had issues with the feed lines getting air bound, resulting in the plants missing a feeding. I am goin to replace the 3/4” barbed adapter on the nute pump to one that has a check valve so there is no back flush and the nute lines don’t drain back into the reservoir.

I mix 4 gallons of nutes, during early veg I mixed 2 - 3 gallons. I find 4 gallons during flower lasts 2 - 3 days. Next week I am probably going to add another second or two to each feeding.

I was having issues with my nutes getting cloudy after a day or two. This only happened when I was using Hydrozyme or Cannazyme. Once I stopped using those and sticking to SLF-100 my water doesn’t do that anymore. Also I haven’t had any major pH issues since discontinuing them.

I also stopped using Hydroguard and switched to Zerotol HC. I have noticed my plants seem to have started growing faster and stronger since switching to ZeroTol HC.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was looking :eyes: for that was a lot but I couldn’t of asked for anything better I just took a screenshot so I don’t have to keep looking for this conversation :joy::joy: but thanks :blush: a lot I’m going to start searching for these items if u know of a gd dehumidifier plz send me a pic thanks again :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes

This topic is packed with product information and ideas, if you haven’t went through the feed might I suggest it before you make your purchase.
Keep asking questions and review the entire topic. :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes

Sounds like the exact problems I have been dealing with, everything you said I have experienced.
My question to you is, have you been in flower stage while using the zerotol hc? If so do you have buds?
I’m on my sixth week of flower with no buds and I can’t tell if my timer is broken on my lights or it has something to do with the zerotol hc, its the only thing left that is different from any other grow, but hopefully its the timer and the fact that I think the lights havent been going off.
Ive been manually turning lights on and off since yesterday until my new timer comes.
I use 1/8 teaspoon in my 4 gal nute water, mine lasts about 3 -4 days in flower also.

2 Likes

I have this installed I will take a picture tomorrow and share it

2 Likes

Yeah because I’m gonna need to install one in the near future for sure!
This is the first week my lines have run the entire time.

2 Likes

Sounds gd i will thanks :blush::+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes

Remember what ever equipment you buy must go inside the tent or hookup outside. So make sure the tent is big effort. Now the trade off is the bigger the tent is takes away from lighting power (More area to light).

2 Likes

I was just looking :eyes: at ur tent :tent: with the fans an stuff what is the size of urs that looks pretty big or maybe another size up

Do u feed urs ur self or u have a watering system I’m on the fence now about that might want something instead me always doing it not sure :thinking: yet

Not sure what pic or which person you are directing your question to!
I have two small fans in my 2 x 4 tent

1 Like

I’m sorry :neutral_face: I was talking about @Mpower11 setup I’ve been doing a lot of reading :open_book: lately to figure this out so mind playing a lil tricks with me

1 Like

But I do have a question for u an the other champions my plant :seedling: is going into flower :rose: today but it grew so much it almost at the top of the box :package: what would u suggest me do I was gonna start taking off some more fan leaves :maple_leaf::thinking::dash::seedling:

1 Like