Everything Flora Flex

@chris_barfield They are threaded for 3/4 hose’s.

2 Likes

Nice didn’t think of that honestly duhhh

1 Like

I will be starting from seed.

Right now all I have left is plumbing the water system in and out to build.

And the other problem I have is trolmaster will dim my lights but doesn’t seem to be able to turn them off. I’m hoping I don’t have the wrong lighting adapter.

Hoping to have build complete this week. Then I’m ready to drop seed

3 Likes

I still have to wait for late veg to grow the plant out a bit then for my clones to root.
At what point do you start a grow if using clones in the tent? Beginning of veg or somewhere in the middle?

1 Like

Which light? Meanwell drivers won’t turn off I have the same issue with my b spec

1 Like

Illumitex NeoPar 7

Trolmaster support wants to to see if my light has a dim to Off function… I have a call into illumitex to find out… If it doesn’t sounds like the work around maybe adding programmable timer (DSP-1) or installing a reply bank… Not sure 100% yet but this is my current delay with project…

Lesson learned is make sure light has Dim to Off function before buying :frowning:

3 Likes

As soon as you plant is big enough to cut a clone I would cut it… Then you have to wait for it to grow roots (normal around 14 days and it good to go in the tent)

1 Like

That’s exactly what they said but I called meanwell and they were they’ve never heard

1 Like

I just hooked up my my old timer to control on off time till I feel like fixing it

1 Like

I maybe doing the same thing

2 Likes

This is what my setup is going to be once I get the Drain Away trays. I’m going to put the trays on milk crates, need some elevation for the draining. The I am going to use:

Using the 90 degree angle to connect to the trays. After that I am going to run the drain hose to a 3 gallon bucket with:

This is where the drain hoses will come in, one for each hose. I will then be using:

Quick connects so I can disconnect the hoses easily so the bucket can be drained.

I’m also thinking about not worrying about the quick connects and run a:

From the 3 gallon bucket to a 5 gallon bucket to hold the runoff.

3 Likes

I started with a similiar idea but without a pump!
Just kept clogged the whole time. I might add a screen on it later.
image|666x500

3 Likes

Once I get everything set up I’ll post some pics of the setup. I’m probably going to keep it simple and forgo the quick release’s and use the condensation pump. I shouldn’t have any clogging issues, going to put down some clay in the Drain Away in hopes it helps filter out any coco/perilite that get’s flushed out of the pots. I may go the cheap route and get another EcoPlus Eco 396 for the 3 gallon bucket and connect it to my Kasa power strip and either set it to run for 30 seconds to a minute every couple days, or just manually run it using the app on my phone.

I’m hoping the washing machine hoses will be long enough so I can put the 3 gallon bucket outside the tent. If I can do this then I will go the quick connect route.

Gotta wait until September 1st so I’ll have enough money to get everything I need. I also decided to upgrade my 2’ x 4’ x 5’ tent with a 2’ x 4’ x 7’ Gorilla Tent. I didn’t realize how short the tent I have was when I bought it, for some reason I thought it was 6’ tall.

2 Likes

Oh, and long term goal is to try and squeeze in a 3.3 gallon Air-Pot.

1 Like

@chris_barfield Right now I am using General Hydroponics nutes, but I want to switch over to FloraFlex nutes. Do you think they will be ok, or do you think the change may shock the plants?

1 Like

I say you can change nutes np at all… I have done it before and no problems

I have a question I understand what you want to do with your drain trays but I believe by the time you buy 2 to 4 trays / all the hose fittings and pump etc… You may as well just get a flood floor it will be alot easier to setup and I think it will work better in the long run. I wish I had my new setup complete to show you what I’m doing…

Are you happy with your Gorilla tent? I have one and honestly I think there is better on the market for so much less $$$… Gorilla tents are overpriced and I don’t like how there doors and windows are placed… Just my thoughts based on what I have / seen

@Mpower11 I’m trying to avoid the flood floor if possible. Too messy, and a PITA to keep clean.

3 Likes

I found mine not messy / hard to keep clean at all but no worries everyone’s setup different (what works best for you is all the matters end result will be the same) I’m excited to see your setup all complete ready to go

1 Like

Found a nice picture of drainaway trays joined by PVC to create 1 single drain way I thought you guys might want to see. Instagram is a great place for something’s if you can find a way through the maze of drama and bs.

Might use the drainaways myself for my upcoming room.

4 Likes

@Brotherbuddah that is exactly why I am going to use them, simplicity for draining. Eventually I plan on running PVC drain pipes, but I want to get a feel for how well they will work so I will be using a 3/4 washing machine supply hose to start, they have female connectors on both ends.

I should have everything up and running mid to late September.

2 Likes