Everything Flora Flex

@chris_barfield @Bplatinum9 @Mpower11 I am slightly confused on the reservoir and run off setups, can you guys tell me what you have going on? Anything you would change? In your opinion, what is the perfect set up?

1 Like

I have been saying throughout this thread that I wish I hadn’t chose a flat reservoir, @Mpower11 changed his to a tall round reservoir but you have to have a stronger pump for water to travel upward.
I am 52yrs old and its really hard to empty my 20gallon reservoir every week and the products used can cause buildup pretty quick.
If you haven’t read through this feed id recommend it before you buy everything because we do voice opinions about everything we have tried from start to finish and something in there may be helpful in the long run.
I still have yet to find a good way to rid the runoff properly from my tray bed because my drain stays plugged but I am trying to (KISS) keep it simple stupid as @chris_barfield has taught me so I may just stick with the red tubs I purchased so it will be easier to empty and clean than a full tray of water.

4 Likes

Just while you guys are on irrigation topic found this awesome shop online

DripDepot . com

They have any PVC, Vinyl, or Adapters you could need available in hose and pipe thread which makes it super simple and seamless to set up an air tight system.

2 day shipping and I think they service Canada!

3 Likes

First thing to say I’m not a electrician by trade I’m a farmer…lol but I do understand the basics I’m sure someone in this community can explain hydro better than me but I will try…

On this topic like I said I do think you will be fine on 1 breaker unless someone else is adding load to the breaker… Let me give you a example

Lets say you setup your tent in your room plug everything in and your fine… Now lets say someone plugs in a vacuum (They use a lot of power) on a different plug but its on the same breaker this could cause the breaker to trip (overload)

The standard for most household circuits are rated either 15 amps or 20 amps . An important note to remember is that circuit breakers can only handle about 80 % of their overall amperage. That means a 15-amp circuit breaker can handle around 12 -amps and a 20 -amp circuit breaker can handle about 16 amps

15 amps x 120 volts = 1,800 watts

My example my setup

I’m just going to talk watts

LED = 650 W
Carbon filter = 150 W
Carbon filter = 150 W (I have 2 in total)
Water pump = 30 Walts
3 x Cir Fans = 100 Totals
Water Chiiler = 300 Waltts
Mixing pump = 30 watts

As you see if all my gear is on at the same time I pulling close to my limit but I’m fine like this… Now if someone say plugs something in extra for the house on the same breaker it could cause the breaker to trip (vacuum, PC, anything with a ok size load).

Now I wouldn’t hire a electrician right now I would do this… Go to your breaker box turn the breaker off that runs the plug you want to use. Now you can see what has all turned off if anything… Now you know what if anything is sharing that plug… Also see if plugs around that one you want to use are alive or dead… This will tell you if you have a different plug close by that uses a different breaker… (share the load if needed)

End of the day if your alone on the breaker your fine I only brought this up because some people find out about this problem after they try to run all there gear.

I hope this helps and maybe someone with a hydro background could example this better than me

5 Likes

I do have things I would change in my current setup… I’m working on the new build out now but sometimes what I think will work in my mind doesn’t end up working out 100% like I thought…lol

So I can give you a better answer after my setup new setup is complete / tested but for now tonight I can take some pictures and tell you my plan and thoughts

1 Like

There is pros and cons to the flat tank vs the tall one. I will list them later today when I get the pictures.

One thing I adding is a water filter (washable) in my Pvc line…

2 Likes

Easiest way to explain this … 20 gallon trash can black (Walmart for 9 dollars) , water pump… pvc or tubing to the flora bubblers … grab the fast fit flood tray stand for your size then grab the appropriate size flood tray … place a drainage plug at the designated area place bucket under the drainage for run off or (what I do) I have a tube connected to the drainage plug that funnels the water into another pump and that pumps it out the tent to where u want and boom run off solved simply

3 Likes

This is what I’m using in mine.

1 Like

Excellent explanation! I installed all the electricity and breaker box in my home myself and I couldn’t have said it simpler! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

@Bplatinum9 thanks I was trying :+1:

@SWSVIC Nute Tanks…

Well this is one area I keeping changing because only to make my life more simply

Here is the first tank I used

40 gallon worked great really didn’t even have to change but I did because the size of it was in my way and if I moved the tank I would need to move my tent and vents and I wasn’t doing that…

Pros to this tank

1. Easy to clean
  2. Easy to add pumps etc

Cons to this tank

1. It’s really big on the floor

Next I bought this tank 25 gallon

Pros

1. Size Takes very little room

Cons

1. Since its tall and soft makes cleaning harder
  2. This is the biggest con your bubbler has to be installed taller than the tank or you will syphon your nutes after the pump stops… I fixed my by adding ForaFlex air Valve
  3. For like $20.00 more you can get 60 gallon tank and the footprint isn’t much bigger

Next I got this tank because I found with 5 plants in flower 25 gallon wasn’t big enough for what I wanted…

Pros

1. Size is great

Same cons as the smaller one

For the price I would go with 60 gallon tank… But for 2 plants only 25 gallon has to be lots of water even in flower

Inside the tank

Chiller installed

4 Likes

So glad I will never need a chiller I my tent!
Michigan basement is premium atmosphere.

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity what is your water temp worst case scenario in your basement? If you know

1 Like

I dont know right off hand its always just so cool in my basement.
Next grow I will pay attention and post.

1 Like

:+1:

Before I added my chiller I was running 70 to 72 water temp. Really at these temp I may not need the chiller also but better safe than sorry i guess

When are you planning to start round 2?

1 Like

I’m cutting up my harvest now.
I’m thinking closer to the end of Aug so I can ckean properly and make any adjustment I can afford, also I need to order some full tilt.
When will you be ready?

3 Likes

You guys are f’ing incredible. Thank you very much for the intel. Tent is going to be sick! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I thinking around the same time… Wanted to start sooner but short on time and missing a couple parts for new build out

This weekend have to harvest so no time to work on new setup :frowning:

2 Likes

Right! I’m gonna try to focus on cleaning this weekend and getting the full tilt order in!

1 Like

You have time for the full tilt order if you use there guide it’s not needed until week 5 of flower

1 Like

Perfect thanks for the heads up! :eyes::seedling:

1 Like