Everything Flora Flex

I’m using their coco blocks this time when you add water the fill up right to the brim… and if you check the floraflex hashtags or their Instagram you can see people are growing trees with the pot pro… this is becuase of the multiple feeds … the multiple feeds are key in small pots for coco… cultivation facilities are running these pots and growing trees… there’s a guy who grows 5 ft tall plants inside a yogurt container … the pot size doesn’t matter too much when in coco or rockwool it’s about the feeds

7 Likes

Good to know but what exactly do you mean by feeds?
The nutrients or the auto water feed?

2 Likes

The amount of times you actually water the plants … those pots are designed to maximize root exposure and air … this is because they allow for a proper even dry to build massive roots … when they plants get bigger and start to flower they will drink more hence the faster drying periods that result in more waterings which means more food which means more growing

6 Likes

So I’m getting there slowly with @chris_barfield help.
Now I just need to wait for my tent to be delivered.
Still saving money for my light, seeds, humidifier, reservoir, tray and heater.
Still have to figure out how to hook up flora flex to reservoir later.

12 Likes

Looks like Christmas :christmas_tree: morning! Hahaha. Excited to see you get this setup and running! Was the setup pretty reasonable​:moneybag: ? The first time I saw you and @chris_barfield discussing the FloraFlex setup I began to do my homework on this system and really liked their approach.

Best of luck!

5 Likes

My flora flex supplies were $255
I plan to run only half of what I bought in a 2x4 gorilla.
My set up is not complete and proving to be very expensive for my budget but ive been using the affirm app to help pay for some things.
Waiting on the tent delivery and still have to purchase the light ($700) and other things but I think it will run me $2000 easy before I can set up properly. I’m really excited about moving to a tent but I’m gonna need all hands on deck because I’m not a grower yet! Are you gonna flex with us?
\ 100xauto QUICK DISCONNECT PIPE SYSTEM × 1

QUICK DISCONNECT PIPE SYSTEM :: Pipe-diameter = 1-in :: Pipe-direction = elbow :: Bubbler-style = multi-flow

$27.20

\ 100xauto 100’ FLORA TUBE × 1

$16.15

\ 100xauto BLOOM NUTRIENTS SUBSCRIPTION: $10.28-$13.49 / lb × 1

BLOOM NUTRIENTS SUBSCRIPTION: $10.28-$13.49 / lb :: B1-quantity = 1LB: $17.49 ($17.49 / lb) :: B2-quantity = 1LB: $19.99 ($19.99 / lb) :: Frequency = EVERY 12 WEEKS

$26.99

\ 100xauto 8" POTPRO™ KIT - 6 PLANTS × 1

$115.59

\ 100xauto POTPRO™ 8" CUBE × 5 $2.54

Order subtotal $255.90

Discount -$30.29

Shipping total $29.12

Tax total $0.00

Order total $254.73

7 Likes

Damn you should’ve asked me before you spent money I had 40 percent off and 25 percent off codes I could’ve shared with you … @Rich

8 Likes

Also keep in mind your res will have to be lower than the quick disconnect pipe for your lines,so something like a classic tote of the size you want for your res, and another for the drain to waste :+1::v:

2 Likes

I may need a visual before setting up as far as the pipes go! Ive been waiting on @chris_barfield to finish his other tent setup! But I’m open to all design ideas!
Also whats the best brand for res totes and plant trays, most of the trays are too thin that I saw and the thicker ones are around $100… Suggestions needed…
@Osage have you or do you plan to implement any flex in your system other than nutrients yet?

1 Like

1 Like

Botanicare reservoirs and flood tables are all I use … they are a bit pricey but the quality is top notch … if you have Instagram go to floraflex Instagram they have tons of pictures of how people have designed what they are doing …

4 Likes

I will be running reservoir outside of the tent and I leave my flood table on the ground cuz I like growing bigger plants so I want every inch of space I can get

3 Likes

I’m on it…

1 Like

Basically will be running pvc pip from the reservoir into the tent and running the pvc directly down the middle of the tent with the two bubblers running along that manifold

2 Likes

Ive been thinking about that a lot because I’m only 5"2 on a good day…
With the reservoir under the grow I may need a ladder to tend to my plants.
I also considered not having to open up the tent to feed the reservoir.

1 Like

It’s really all preference and strains your running … like right now I have the legend og crinkle cut and it’s 100 percent indica but got damn is she stretching … she’s got me nervous cuz other clones need to catch up so I’m topping again which I didn’t want to do cuz branch size reduces each top… smaller branch the less weight it can hold which means smaller buds … I mean I’ll get more yield but smaller buds

3 Likes

I too will have my res outside the tent as I don’t want to add any more rh than needed. Making a lower manifold from the res with the bubblers connected to that at a lower height will work perfectly well. I contemplated using my auto pot res, truth be told, still am, and this is the way it would work even with the res 3ft plus high​:+1::v:

1 Like

Keep me posted you two @chris_barfield, @Osage
In the meantime I’m on instagram trying to find the simplest way to connect three pots to reservoir with the least amount of pipes and without drilling any holes in the tray or res.
Hey what size reservoir is best for a 2x4? 3 pot tent.
So ridiculous that botanicare wants $185 for a 40 gallon reservoir w/lid. Wondered if I could get away with the 20 gal for $125
And will a 2x4 botanicare flood tray fit into a 2x4 tent?

2 Likes

Flora Flex

((#FloraFlexAGo)):

--

:wink: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart:

((#TheMoreYouKnow)):

--

:brain::nerd_face: :green_thumb:

((# ExcitementIsReal )): :sparkling_heart:

--

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart: :innocent: :nerd_face:

- - -

@Merle_Carsten,

• (Maybe This Might Help You): {:wink:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 Likes

40 gallons is way tooooo much for you anyway … the most you would need is a ten-20 gallon

2 Likes