Don't know if it's been done before

…but I’m running an experiment for myself. Started a dirt grow where I fill it with my grobo’s weekly drain. Cant remember off the top of my head how long ago I started it but it’s roughly 3-4 weeks in. Heres how its looking

7 Likes

Oooh I like this experiment!

2 Likes

I started her off in a 2oz pot and moved her up to a 10 oz. Fed her with some r.o/distilled water til i thought she was strong enough then alternated r.o with discarded grobo water for about a week and a half every couple days now I’m doing fill grobo discarded water every once to three times aweek depending on how lomg it takes for her to drink it up.

4 Likes

Slowly sits down and grabs some :popcorn:

5 Likes

@Stephen hopefully i didnt start this one too late and the nutes for flower dont screw up my dirt plant up. Excited to see the results but so far so good

4 Likes

A little up date. So far so good I’d say

6 Likes

Update on the recycled grobo water experiment. Finally moved her to her forever home(closet not my bathroom bahah) and did a transplant. Forgive the plastic container started her on a whim without the proper equipment because i stopped wanting to talk about closet grow and be about the closet grow. Been rotating distilled/r.o water and grobo water to make it go a little farther

4 Likes

It’s been roughly a week and a half since the last growth check in. Decided I was gonna run with 6 main branches and cut the little growth on the bottom off. Then i accidentally snapped an off shoot from my topping, so thats delayed that process a little while.:expressionless: gotta put in an order for some grobo nutes running low or I’ll have to put it on it’s own nute schedule. All in all I’d say if you timed a grow out with the grobo you can feed the discarded water with decent results

5 Likes

Flipped her to flower a week or so ago. Pistils showing. She’s tiny but my light just came in and dirt is on its way so I’m excited and eager to start a new grow. Just gotta finish my experiment out first bahaha

4 Likes
3 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: cant wait to see the results

7 Likes

I suggest slowly ramping up the light instead of giving her an immediate burst of light blast.

I added a Mars Hydro to my grow and started with full blast and my leaves de-evovled back to 3 pointed leaves.

4 Likes

Thanks! Headed to the closet now! I’m all open ears for any tips or tricks you’ve discovered about this light. Hoping to(more like going to) add a 2nd to my set up

2 Likes

The closet is a great spot just make sure there is good airflow going through it or at least open and close the closet a few times a day to allow new air to circulate and replenish the co2

A good way to ramp up the light is to start it at 50% for 3 days and up it to 75% for 3 days then 100%.

Be sure to keep proper distance from the plant as well.

Oh another tip, if you are having issues with the closet being too hot. You can remove the meanwell driver and move it outside of the closet instead, it should reduce temps, I moved 2 of my drivers out of my tent and was able to drop temps by 5f

4 Likes

I’m in there a couple times a day. It was usually to rotate her cause i was just under the light socket and a supplemental lamp to get it more light. Gonna add a fan in there for the first actual grow wirh the light.

2 Likes

Cool! I think you’re g2g!

1 Like

But for a recycled water fed plant with non ideal lighting conditions she didnt turn out half bad

5 Likes

She will love the upgrade for sure and pay you back in yields!

3 Likes

Oh yeah. I’m excited to see what this does with her. I’m not looking to get much off of it in all honesty I’ll probably just press her into rosin.

2 Likes

@Stephen Hows the popcorn!! Also how do you think she’s lookin?!

1 Like