Does anyone own a seedo machine [Bankruptcy]

Hi James,

I am in the market for a new grow box. However, this is not my first pony show. I originally purchased a BC northern lights bloombox but have since moved on because of personal issues and product issues. Can you please tell me all the problems you encountered with the grobo? Is it smell and insect proof?

Thanks
GB

1 Like

Hello @G_B,

Sorry for the delay in response and Welcome to the forum. I can’t recommend any automated Grow devices at this time. I currently do not have an automated grow device. If you find one let me know as I’m still in the market for a “set and forget” device. My grobo was returned and I moved into a tent rather quickly. I’ve only been part of this community since June and didn’t have a positive experience with my grobo so please consider this when reading the rest. Before I get into it it should be said that “I would consider a grobo in the future if there were significant improvements and a cost reduction.” Also note that my experience and opinions here are mine only and not a reflection of anyone else.

The problems I had with my Grobo

• pump issues which only became worse as I got further into my grow. Nutrient issues due to hand filling the res when the pump wouldn’t pull water in. Nutes only dispense when pumps work properly.
  • wireless disconnects despite having two circuits in my home. One dedicated to the Grobo with a 100mb up/down that had the firewall turned off at the router and set to pass all grobo traffic would disconnect several times a day! Even moving the grobo to sit next to its AP made no difference. Noted that I added my IP cameras to this AP and some of those were borderline far from the AP which never dropped connection, ever.
  • Final straw for me was the random turning off of grow lights. When my GrowLight was supposed to be on it sometimes would just shut the lights off and wouldn’t come back on until I powercycled the device. Can’t grow cannabis without working lights. I also can’t babysit the grobo as I travel for work. Jacking with the light cycle will ultimately hurt the plant and or stunt growth. I recorded everything for evidence and made videos. I was in communication with the Grobo team via support and to be honest they were as helpful as they could be with Stephen on vaca and tried to resolve these issues which ultimately ended up in a return and refund. Long story short, my device was a dud. I don’t believe this to be true for most, but mine was out of the box troubled.

Full Disclosure
The grobo does grow cannabis and there is a support ticketing system to resolve issues as well a “handful of users” on this forum that will provide you reliable information. These people don’t post the most, but they’re easy to spot and really just want you to avoid the same mistakes they’ve made. Since you won’t need much help along the way most of the aforementioned doesn’t really apply to you. The grobo team is helpful, but they’re only helpful/available during normal working hours. This may not be an issue for some, but many of us still have careers and are likely working during these hours. Support is lacking especially after hours. There is a forum thread where folks request stuff and from what I can tell little has ever been gained from that. I can scroll back to the previous year and the same things requested now were requested then. The common result is “we’re actively doing X Y & Z and hoping to bring X to reality as soon as we get passed (insert delay excuse here).” IMO This is the product, don’t expect much else to change other than minor GUI improvements and minor hardware changes in future models. Hopefully I’m wrong here.

When I first joined AG in June, I saw grobo support members in the forum answering questions and engaging users regularly, but that tapered off. You’ll still see Steven in the forum daily and Bjorn from time to time, but if I’m being totally honest, Grobo does not engage their community nearly enough and 90% of the support comes from other owners.

I believe this forum was created to bare the burden of most support needs (smart on Grobos end not to be tied up all day answering simple questions - frustrating for users whom want expert support and not some guy/gal posting links and pics to other sites from years ago). You’ll see most of your questions may have already been answered on this forum if you use the “search feature” and or will get an answer from other users significantly quicker here than you will in support tickets. That said, some stuff simply has to go through the help desk such as ph issues or equipment failure. Same site layout as ilovegrowingmarijuana, but I digress.

What you need to know…
The grobo works! Is it perfect? No. Will you at some point suffer ph drifts and nute problems or root rot? Yes… To me, it seems like 9 of 10 (I have working eyeballs) of grobo grows come with some sort of issue whether it be nute or ph related. These are issues that I do not see in my tent/soil. For the most part all grobo grows tend to start slow. These issues get sorted out by the grobo team and you end up with a less than ideal yield for 3-4 months of growth. Not because of the ph or nute issues, but that’s just the norm for the space and lighting. A positive in which everyone should be doing is you can use your own nutrients and take some control of your unit. Some folks already do this and these people do not have these troubles listed above.

The Forum
This forum is pretty okay. Active users posting pics of their grows. Who doesn’t enjoy pics of cannabis? There are a “few people” on this site growing top shelf cannabis so this comes in handy to see how those plant grows and what to expect ect for those that don’t care for Instagram or other social media sources. The majority of people here are fairly new to growing cannabis so you’ll see quite a bit of troubleshooting info being posted from growweedeasy or other websites. You’ll also get some really bad info from time to time. Most of this is just “good people trying to help” even if it’s information they’re regurgitating with zero idea of the validity of said info.

For a lot less, you could set yourself up a nice grow tent and opt to go with a medium of your choice (hydro, soil, ect). Growing multiple plants. Granted, this takes slightly more work, but you’re in control of your own destiny and not relying on a support group that keeps normal business hours (9-5 M/F). You could also opt to take that 2,500 and invest it in a great setup with top of the line lighting, js.

If you’re set on an automated device, Grobo is the only one on the market that will get you from seed to smoke consistently w/ support.

Is the grobo smellproof? It’s marketed as such, but this is not what I’ve read from others here. I’ve never taken a plant that far in the grobo as mine was returned in the first 30 days, but others have mentioned it does smell a bit.

The Bad

• lighting is just “good enough”
  • support hours
  • no CO2 implementation (not that it would matter under that light)
  • secret data
  • wireless NIC inconsistencies
  • cost (cost is grossly inflated for what it is)
  • inability to make nutrient changes yourself without taking over the whole process of mixing yourself - no longer automated.
  • poor yields (marketed as 2-3 oz’s - seems like most get 1-2ozs)
  • zero environmental controls (water or air)
  • fixed fans (lack of air flow)
  • expensive nutrients
  • space restrictions
  • app is not an app, but a web GUI with little control.
  • requirement for a water chiller (some not needed)
  • more external equipment (meters) because you can’t access the equipment in the unit you purchased (see secret data)

The good

• you can grow cannabis with little effort
  • support! Albeit from other owners
  • the forum is a great place to touch base with other owners. They’ll help you along the way.
  • relatively young company with a lot of room for improvement
  • Grobo is imo a reputable company committed to helping you grow plants.

My 2 cents…
Save half the money and invest a grand in a tent setup or grow enough cannabis outdoors in the warm months to sustain yourself for the winter. Growing cannabis is not difficult. The other tent growers here are growing significantly better looking plants, without issues at higher success rates and significantly better yields. Because of this I don’t see why anyone would invest over 2k in an automated device that yields only 2ozs per grow where they can’t even access the data from the equipment you’ve purchased. I made this mistake twice. Until these automated units get significantly better I can’t see myself buying another, but if you find one let me know.

12 Likes

I concur with @James you could take a grand or even half that and get setup automatically and get way more and still be automated like the grobo… or you can take the 2g and deck a tent out where it can be controlled by a phone like mine to a certain extent but it’s really preference … but @James is spot on and also well written by the way my ass just type on my phone hits send with tons of mistakes lol

7 Likes

Here’s my Wemo energy report

7 Likes

I own a Seedo and let me just say it was worth the purchase. If you go to YouTube and look up LangsStrain you will see how it works.

1 Like

I have a Seedo but I hear they went bankrupt! So now I’m screwed unless I can sell it or get a refund but no one answers my email or calls… good luck

2 Likes

Damn that sucks…

2 Likes

So glad I dodged that bullet. I demanded my money back.

1 Like

Hey how is it goin?

1 Like

Hi mario , I saw on one of your posts that you was having connection problems with your seedo and WiFi , I have tried over 100 hundred times to synchronise my machine but It has proven difficult .
I got my seedo delivered back in December and didn’t have the chance to set it up .
I’ve been trying to do it during this isolation period and to find out seedo have gone bust so I cannot seek help from there phone number.
Another problem that I’m having , the co2 canister isn’t easy to install like how it explains in the video . Please help if you can .
Kind regards
Aaron (United kingdom)

1 Like

Yes, I do!

1 Like

I grew my first batch and trying another without success in my Seedo! When you insert Co2 you have to go in straight and push a little so it can tighten in the screw in area. About the app
you might have trouble because they are no long able to mess with the app! Due to Bankruptcy! Sorry :sleepy:

So I stumbled upon this forum while trying to figure out what the fuck is happening with Seedo and thanks to all you beautiful people it’s clear to me now my fiancé invested in a company that has major Fyre Festival vibes.

So now that I know why it won’t connect to WiFi I have a new question

Is there talks about starting a class action lawsuit? Asking for a friend

You can’t join a class action lawsuit since they filed for protection. I too was screwed by Seedo, day 1 investor with nothing to show for it. On the seedo user forum on Facebook this was discussed at great lengths.

Not possible sorry. Cut your losses

Don’t know if this changes anything for you but seedo got a new director and board: seedo sec filing

Now that they have a new CEO and board… If I own a seedo machine and don’t have any other investment in the company. What does this mean about being able to grow moving forward?

I think it is unlikely that Seedo will ever start production and distribution again. The company was one of the most financially irresponsible startup companies I have seen in a long time. Their finances reminded me of some of the crypto currency’s that vanished shortly after their IPO during the crypto boom.

From what I’ve read the machines were great on paper, but not so much when actually used.

2 Likes

I’m just curious
who goes over someone’s house sits on the couch and then brags about their own couch they have at home who does that? hmmmmm

3 Likes

My couch is f’ing dope, not gonna lie :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Dude that seed popped …,!:wink: