Dear Grobo.. Sensor Data Please!

-very well said!

3 Likes

We need some more people to chime in on this. Not saying anything in here is just the same as saying you don’t want the data.

5 Likes

I would love the data. Even just having the option to view it whether we know what to do with it or not, if it helps us be ahead of the game with our plants then it should be in the app. If we don’t understand it, that’s what WE’RE here for, right? I think support is probably afraid of being bogged down with tech questions about it, because face it, look at all the crap we ask them now!

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. Very well said!

4 Likes

Some exceprts from other users… no response from Grobo just like this thread.

5 Likes

Some more…

5 Likes

^ A year ago … when are the changes coming? You said they were in the beta of Grobo One

This post had a response from @bjorn saying that they were working on it… a year ago… but it directly contradicts what is said in this topic above:

5 Likes

The problem is, you DON’T get notified when necessary!
Overheating and shutting down…no notification.
EC too high so no bottle 5 dispense…nothing.
Low water level…I don’t think it notifies.

The ONLY notifications are the preset ones.

10 Likes

Only a new grower but I totally agree that sencer data should be made available IF possible even via a paid add on IF necessary :wink:!

3 Likes

This is funny that people are still complaining about this. I gave Grobo the answers to the test over a year ago. Whenever I see Grobo stuff online like the chive I check again, and see nothing has changed. I make a new comment and bjorn tells everyone it’s getting better.

It’s not everyone. They’re not changing at the speed of 2020. If their company goes under you have a worthless box of software defined parts. :call_me_hand:

Edit: ‘notify when necessary’ lmao. This thing doesn’t do anything necessary

1 Like

An extremely well written and supported case you have put forward @pyromancy. I am in full support of this request as well. The case has been presented by too many Grobo growers over the years for their team not to take action. It is time for that to change. Releasing this data is a crucial next step in the Grobo’s continued direction of market dominance.

@Tito, No one in here came to bash Grobo. Whatever your reasoning for doing so is, it should be taken up between you and their team privately, this isn’t the place for it. We’re here because appreciate the box for what it is and enjoy working with the Grobo team in their efforts to improve their product.

9 Likes

There are No Sticks To Pick Up :face_with_raised_eyebrow:!!

Only a good place for Honest & Open Chat & Idea’s/problems to be shared … Good or Bad :wink:

3 Likes

All for the good and bad. So long as it’s constructive and not just useless banter/negativity. :+1::+1:

1 Like

:wink: Nothing wrong with Conservative Criticism :+1::+1:

Constructive" :rofl:!!

2 Likes

I just want change to happen. I want this to be discussed. I want us to talk about it.

The Grobo is the most expensive item I’ve ever purchased.

Yes, I’ve had vehicles that were LOANS that were more expensive, but I didn’t have to pay them off before I got the item, I paid them back over time.

I really love the Grobo. I literally wake up every single day and check my unit with excitement. It actually gets me out of bed without sleeping in some mornings, it gets me through rough days at work knowing I have something alive and growing at home. The Grobo has allowed me to undertake a relationship with a plant I’ve enjoyed and since my teenage years and made me understand and appreciate it even further. My life is forever changed because of the Grobo!

With that being said… the Grobo is a wonderful unit, but let’s be real; this is what the Grobo is competing against:

^ Ain’t ever gonna see a plant inside my Grobo that looks anything like this! I am well aware of this but that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop using the Grobo, even if I was ever to get a tent, just like others here have done. Anyway, the point I’m trying to make is hard to explain other than my feels after spending $2400 (I’m actually over $3000 for all the stuff I’ve gotten on the side now too by far. Closer to $3500) for a unit that has less capabilities than a tent and we can’t even have access to data and the sensors we basically are paying for when we buy the Grobo.

I love the community behind the Grobo here and I love the learning experiences I’ve gotten as well! But, I am not pleased with the lack of progress towards something that, again, seemed like a “coding nightmare” but it turns out it was ALREADY there back in the beta test days of the Grobo!

I am simply asking the community to stand up and speak for change; nothing seems to be getting done and that really bothers me.

5 Likes

I just think this whole data thing a good idea :wink: just might need simplifying down a little but then what do I know :roll_eyes::flushed::wink:

1 Like

Paid? Boy don’t make me come over there! :rofl:

2 Likes

Not quite with ya m8 :thinking:??..

1 Like

I agree I would like to see everything I can. Grobo is a low stakes ICS system. Would be fun to dive into details

4 Likes

We’ve already paid for all of it, it shouldn’t be something we have to pay extra for. It’s an AIO machine. This has been a HUGE expense! I was being funny in a sarcastic sort of way, like don’t you make me pull this car over and beat your ass for saying such a thing!! lmao!, get it now?

5 Likes