Day 36 should I extend veg stage?

I was wondering if I should extend the vegetation stage by 7 days, or go into transition in 2 days? from what I have read “gold leaf” has a lot of stretch. what do you think?

4 Likes

extend for at least a week… possibly more

2 Likes

That is what I was thinking. Should I trim off any of the top fan leaves?

2 Likes

Personally, i would start by trimming some of the biggest fan leaves from the top, in order to let more light go down that plant.
I try to not remove more than 20-30% of the big fan leaves at a time, leave it some day to rest and see from there.
Trimming tend to slow down the growth for a day or 2 (more if you remove too much at a time)

The good news is that she looks very strong and healthy… it might be a little longer but i think you are on the path for success :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agreed :point_up_2:t2:

1 Like

Thanks!

2 Likes

- - - [2021-09.02]:

@sosuonam,

(Click Here To Read More):

--

--

:brain:

• (She Looks Super Happy): {:smiley:}:

(GrowJournals): (ClickHere):

--

• (You Can Only See :eye::eye: These If They Are Made Public):

ShareYourGrow..1~~ {#Public}:

• (You Don’t Want To Wait Too Long To Go To Transition, -If- She Is Going To Be A Stretcher):
    {:giraffe:}:

• (I_ :eye: Am Thinking_ [:thought_balloon:] No Later Than The Middle Of The Two Fans, -If- She Does What They :speaking_head: Say):

- - - [2021-09.02]:

@sosuonam,

• (If You Are Talking About The Tears, -That- Happens): (What Also Happens, Is -That- The Leaves_ :leaves: Deform [ThemSelves] When They Touch The Lid [-Or/And-] The Sides Of The Unit): (I_ :eye: Wouldn’t Worry About Either Of These Two Things): (Keep Your Eye_ :eye: On Your Leaves_ :leaves: For Bugs, Discolorations, Droopying):

• (On The Left Was Caused From Lack Of Bubbles): (The One On The Right [RootRot/Slime]):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

So I did some trimming, and I super cropped a few branches, one snapped. I put it in place and used tape. I have started to see some fan leaves getting a bit funky. Any need to worry?

1 Like

Update! the plant has been very resilient. Stout but quite a few bud sites, and already developing a beautifully earthy aroma. transition today after two week extension in veg stage. I will share the grow once I harvest. loving the Grobo!

2 Likes

Mine is about the same, day 34 here. I did not trim a lot, just cut a few big leaves near the bottom.

I was just going to let mine go. See if anyone responds to you as mine if about the same. This is the first time in the Grobo, so I was not even going to top it, just let it go and see what happens.

2 Likes

Nice :sunglasses::+1:t2:

1 Like

3 days into transition! she is looking and smelling great! no flowers yet, but you can already see the trichomes forming…

3 Likes