Clone - Not using coco pod

Hello!

I just got my Grobo for the holidays! :tada:

I purchased a clone but it was all ready rockwool.

I was able to squeeze the clone and rockwool into the Cocopod holder. I know this is not ideal but any concerns with this growing?

I’ve had it in there for two days and this is what it looks like so far.

3 Likes

I think your pod is hanging too low in that pic.

I tried the same thing for my first grow. Except I split a Grobo cocopod down the side and transplanted the clone and some of its original growing material into that pod.
I dampened off and salvaged the plant by putting it outside so I could start a seed. Keep an eye on how wet the top of your pod is.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply!

I just pushed the stone wool up so it’s not hanging so low. It’s not touching the water, but the bottom of the stone wool is soaked. The top of the stone wool where the stem is, seems to be damp but not soaking wet.

Any health signs I should keep an eye out for that the plant is going to adapt?

3 Likes

With my dampening issues you could see the stem falling and turning brown where it meets the pod in one grow, and the roots turning brown in another.
(a little brown on the roots is ok)

2 Likes

I would put a fan gently blowing directly on the pod to help dry it out

2 Likes

@Joseph_Schmitt, Welcome to AG!

You can raise your lid a bit by putting sticks in between your lid and the reservoir, to lift the rockwool away from the water a bit., just make sure to use something to block light from getting into the roots and reservoir.

You can also drain some of the water a bit by scooping some out with a cup of water, so that only the tips of the roots are wet and not the rockwool, until the water level drops down to the mid, which is early vegetative (thanks barb! @SilverGrobo ).

Best of luck!

2 Likes

@Joseph_Schmitt got a picture from the top. How much is sticking out?

Thanks for the replies!

@zacuriah check out the top. Let me know what you think.

4 Likes

@Joseph_Schmitt yes push it up so the top is flush with the lid and that will keep the bottom out of the water but it will still get moisture. It will also cause the roots to reach down and to find water.

3 Likes

@Joseph_Schmitt
If you can, you can definitely push her up more, only her roots need to be wet, not the medium.

2 Likes

Little bit low for sure don’t want to over dampen the pod

3 Likes

Thank you for all the awesome feedback! I pulled up my material. I’ll keep an eye out and let you guys know what happened.

2 Likes

Update day 11 the roots a growing strong but leafs are still wilted. Maybe this is from shock?

1 Like

2 Likes

@Joseph_Schmitt,

• (How Warm Is Your Tank Water):? :question: (Maybe You Can Benefit With Hydroguard):

image Stephen Grobo Team - Horticulturalist

Upon high fill you are looking at 11 litres (2.9 gallons), so I’d add 5-6 ml per drain/fill.

• (Almost Looks Like Stephen’s Clone Execept For The Droopy :leaves:):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

Is your bubbler working down there? The pic of the roots it looks like you had just drained the unit possibly? Don’t see much water obviously, so the bubbler wouldn’t be working then. Just checking.

Earlier pics of the plant it looks like the bubbler is working though so I bet it’s fine. Don’t mind me :smiley:

3 Likes

Update!

After the second water change and taking off the big fan leaves! We’re thriving!!!

4 Likes