Cannatrol - 4 Day Cure?

So the default settings for the Cannatrol is 1 day hang, 4 day dry and 4 day cure. Seemed really short to me, but I tried one of my buds and was pretty impressed. Going to keep curing it though and see if it gets better and smoother.

6 Likes

I adjusted my settings. I extended the dry to 6 days and raised the dew point to 56* at a temp of 68 degrees giving me 64 RH and sloped in to the cure at 54* dew point for 6 days. It will slope to 61RH for storing. I also left the buds in the stem for the first 3 days to slow the dry then removed buds and continued. I think of the initial cure days as an extension of drying in the cannatrol and the storage as the actual cure. Mine will end up with a 4 week cure Christmas Eve.

6 Likes

Keep teaching me Stank. I am reading and learning. I want to become a dry/cure expert. This machine is awesome. You can feel the difference immediately. Wow!

3 Likes

4 days, funny as High Times a lot of the top strain winners are cured almost 6 months I read the other day. I thought me doing 30 days was a lot, seems not close. :grinning:

3 Likes

I use the setting in the back of the book page 16

Gentle water loss .slower the better for your terps and yes cannatrol is awesome. 4 days is probably to fast depending on where you are in the world :earth_americas: iv done 30 day curing and it’s awesome . The despencery here in oregon United States put the harvest day on bottles and its never over 60 days and the bud is A1.

5 Likes

It’s nice having you guys in here sharing the info before my unit comes in ha

7 Likes

Explain the difference between slope and step?

I have mine at 65 degrees and 54 dew

4 Likes

Slope slowly adjusts during the entire stage to the next setting, step is an immediate adjustment when the stage ends and goes to the next.

6 Likes

It’s still curing during the hold mode meaning it can stay in the unit fresh forever and maintain 61%RH at 68 degrees and 54 degree dew point. PERFECT

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. The defaults between dry, cure, and store is only 2% difference and dry and store is the same. I was thinking of just splitting the difference and dry, cure/hold different batches at the same time. Just keep notes on what is on what shelf and when it went in. Even with the influx of moisture of a new harvest, the unit should maintain the RH/DP.

5 Likes

You can store your buds in un waxed brown lunch bags in the unit for storing it and just write what it is on the bags. Chasing RH during the cure, burping jars, boveda packs…ALL out the window. If you control the temperature and dew point (which is what the cannatrol does) then you control the RH. ITS GENIOUS. Also it’s a slow, exact process.

3 Likes

I also just thought that it would be a great way to calibrate my wireless hygrometers that I keep in the grow boxes and room. Probably more accurate than a jar with Boveda packs.

5 Likes

I agree @BeeDubya

3 Likes

@STANK
I bet you each strain reacts differently to Temps and Dew points during cure and dry. Making this even more of a mystery. Nature is simple when watching but highly complex when you try to manipulate it.

I plan to use your theory for the dry and cure. Slope the dry into the cure which lands the buds in the sweet spot for storage. The other ways seem to dry the bud crispy and then add moisture during the cure. I agree, treat it like one process. Slowly dry/cure to the storage temp and dew point. Then just hold. Awesome. It makes sense.

Unless the buds enjoy being dried to a crisp the slowly adding moisture during the cure.

3 Likes

I’m on day 5 of dry in the cannatrol. Left buds ON branches until day 4 then removed. I’m doing a 6 day dry and sloping into a 6 day cure and the sloping into storing at 61%RH

2 Likes

My Cannatrol arrives Saturday :sunglasses:
I will use it right away. This should be good.

3 Likes

Love mine so far. I’ll keep u posted on how it does. Ho about RAIDER NATION. WHOOPED UP ON THEM COWBOYS.

2 Likes

Yes Sir. That Win salvaged our season. Atleast we can say we held our own. Raider style.

3 Likes

@STANK

I received the Cannatrol today. Placed it in service right away. I can tell the difference already. A regulated dry and cure.

I could never dry at 66 degrees before. Always a quick crispy bud, then add moisture. This thing never let’s the bud dry to a crisp. It slowly dries to the right spot and then holds the buds in the sweet spot.

I cannot wait to try the finished product :relieved:

6 Likes

@STANK
What are you doing to catch the parts that fall? I am seeing small particles falling on the shelf and thru the holes. Seems like they would have a tray to catch it all. I am sure as you turn, touch, or move buds, terps are falling off into the unit. Over time, this will become a mess. Any advice? Or have I done something wrong?

5 Likes