Blueberry OG - Barney’s Farm Harvested

Also picked up some of this to try for my next tent grow. Supposed to be designed for growing cannabis. Just add water it says. Anyone use this stuff before?

5 Likes

Day 7 of flower and added 15 ml of big bud. A lot more stretch on this one than my first grow. Hopefully I get them right in the sweet spot and not too close to the light. What do you think @Russel_Richardson? I’m seeing a little spotting and will be doing a health check on my PH probe this weekend when I have more time and energy. :beers:
Oh and I’ve decided to never scrog the grobo again seems useless to me and is getting in the way now

5 Likes

Looking great @Flyers28, it seems as though the light is more intense towards the back as I have also ScrOGed my plant and have noticed that the back is growing at a faster rate. Makes it a bit difficult to establish an even canopy. Wondering if those growing in a Grobo Solid have this same issue as they are without the fluid glass door. Other than the uneven growth, what negative issues are you seeing with your ScrOG at this point? I’m a few weeks behind you currently.

4 Likes

Thanks @SWSVIC. I‘ve wondered that myself about bigger, taller in the back. I believe the coco pod is more offset towards the back of the lid so maybe the front branches have further to overcome? I think the grobo is too small for a scrog. An even canopy could be achieved by using magnets and pipe cleaners to put each cola where you want it. I’m still a novice grower but starting to get preferences as I go. Others may find it useful and I could be using it totally wrong but I know it was very useful in my tent which has much more area to work with. Your grow is looking great and it’s awesome to see you helping others with theirs :+1::beers:

6 Likes

After looking at the picture again looking up at the light, the carbon filter takes up about 1/3 of the ceiling so I guess that might be the culprit

4 Likes

I thought of the first issue, the second (vent toward the front on ceiling) is very likely the culprit. The combination of the two would certainly explain why. You mentioned that it is “getting in the way” I assume that’s in reference to defoliating?

3 Likes

Ya that and I want to do a health check so now it’s basically just an obstacle for that. The more we talk about it I might just cut it out :joy:

2 Likes

:joy: I look forward to comparing our notes after harvest. So far I love the ScrOG program, will be interesting to see if that changes over time. To be fair, I have never grown without one so I have no personal frame of reference :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah again all preference but I’m with you on the box being too small for scroging. Imo it’s more for what you have in your tent, which is looking great btw, so that you can keep the plant spread out and get more colas out of her but you can’t spread out in the box right? Lol. Idk it’s all up to preference, not saying anything bad against it :+1:. I feel like it might be more work to try and work it in but again I’ve never used one in the box, but I just don’t see it adding anything to the plant :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Thanks Russ! @Russel_Richardson
Check em out. What do you think? This is only my second plant(s) ever. 10 more days will be 55 days of flower. Pretty much all the leaves are shrivelled up and falling off. I snipped a couple small buds from the bottom to check tricomes and all looked clear still. I’m waiting on a better digital microscope to get better pictures. I know you’re not a tent grower but have way more experience than me. Should they look this um dead already? lol :joy:. I know yellowing is normal in flower but some are well past yellow. I just don’t want to lose them after the hard work. No signs of bugs or mold RH is low 40’s. Thanks a lot for any input :beers:

11 Likes

They look fat to me. Are you feeding them anything? Cause they shouldn’t look like that at 45 days if that’s where your saying you’re at currently. You pH-ing your water correct?

1 Like

@Russel_Richardson I was feeding them compost tea up until about a week ago. The guideline I was following said to give PH’d RO water for the final 3 weeks of flower but maybe I should have given them another round of tea because they were liking that. Taking notes of what to do and what not to do next round. Im going to be running the same 2 seeds again. Do you think I should brew up some tea again or continue with just RO water PH’d to 6.8?

3 Likes

I’m not sure about that, I’ve never grown with teas mind you I’ve been reading up on them and want to try next year for my outdoor so this is good for me to see as well lol. Idk if it’s a good idea to give it to her again, when was the last time you did, cause it seems she’s flushing or is flushed lol. Leaves are too yellow to absorb much light and produce more energy imo so like you said now you know for next time. Maybe someone else will say otherwise but I think you’re better off just leaving her for now

2 Likes

It’s been over a week. Yup, I’ll let her finish and learn for next time. I got kinda laid back with it enjoying my kids and the pool. Kudos to Grobo for making it as automatic as possible. This grow was basically thrown together with what I could get access to at the beginning of covid. Hope you’re enjoying your summer Russ @Russel_Richardson thanks again for the help :beers:

3 Likes

Well I’d say you did pretty damn good considering.
Summers going along nicely thanks :beers: hope you enjoy the rest of yours with your fam

2 Likes

@Russel_Richardson @Bplatinum9 @Mpower11 Harvested my first tent grow! Here’s a little sample trimmed up. As always thanks for your help along the way. Cheers
Dave

10 Likes

Awesome sauce!!! :eyes::seedling::rainbow::medal_sports: I see you dry trim!

5 Likes

Congratulations finished product looks top shelf!! :beers:

4 Likes

Thanks Mark @Mpower11 :beers:

2 Likes

Lol I don’t really have a preference yet just wanted to get them down before I get too busy the next couple weeks. I flushed too early so they were pretty crispy already. I did about 3 hours worth of trimming last night and had enough! I need to get some buddies over to help :joy:

5 Likes