Blueberry Muffin Grow **Harvested**

I wouldn’t worry (as much) about mold with humidity around 20%, not unless it’s closer to 45-50% really. You would notice some leaves visibly “sweating” here and there before the mold strikes. Usually it’s leaves that are touching one another where the sweating occurs, but sometimes the buds themselves will sweat and you’ll see droplets on the leaves that are connected to the buds. If you don’t see drops of water on the plant that’s even more reason not to worry.

The red stuff might just be genetics as the plant doesn’t seem to be close enough to the light to be caused by bleaching (where the leaf loses its chlorophyll and goes white). Have you had some extra-cool nights lately or anything? Sometimes wild temperature swings (to a lower temp at night) will bring out purple/red/black leaves in some strains.

6 Likes

Thank you! That’s great to know!

I have noticed some leaves “sweating” a little bit here and there. I did remove those leaves that I thought would be an issue if they were touching each other or had tiny droplets of water on them.

Yes, there has been some extra cool nights lately. The weather has been around 10-15 degrees cooler in the past few days. The temps inside the Grobo have been around 70-79 degrees F. Water temps have been around 63-69 degrees F. I’m fortunate enough to have an AC/heater that I can control to adjust the temperature of the room.

6 Likes

She looks good!! if you are concerned about mold, you can mix some peroxide and water (I just mix 3% peroxide with equal parts water) and lightly spray her as soon as its lights off and air it dry before calling it a night. It should clear up any mold quickly and also she will enjoy that cleaning. Just make sure to do it when the lights are off to avoid any burning and make sure she’s aired dry.

I would also stuff paper towels around the cracks of the reservoir to avoid any moisture from getting down there.

I had some mold on my GG4 seedlings due to RH being too high and sprayed it and the mold went away immediately.

6 Likes

Thanks for the tip :+1:! Just to confirm, as soon as the lights are off, you lightly spray her with the mixed solution and then leave the Grobo door open to allow it to air dry before closing the door?

I saw someone put some aluminum foil over their reservoir lid. I may do the same for the next grow - maybe it will help mitigate light exposure and moisture from getting down there.

6 Likes

Yes just leave the door open for like 30 minutes after you spray her and allow a fan to dry her out.
You can do the same like 30 minutes before lights on, it sort of simulate morning dew, we call this foliar feeding, can be used to treat pests and mold as well.

5 Likes

The red color comes from the genetics in your plant hence its name ( blueberry muffin ) which by the way sounds good right now!
If your water temps are above 80" you can start to worry about heat/mold.
I have seen a lot of new allgrowers freak out before their first grow and do all sorts of things that everybody throws at them, which will cause you more problems.
Your gonna make some mistakes sure but the biggest mistake on here is panic!
Your plant looks fine!
P.s. Youll know mold because it looks like cotton.

6 Likes

Thank you @Bplatinum9! I feel better about my plant now :joy: .

2 Likes

Beautiful girl you have there @Aang , keep up the good work! I see in a photo your humidity is 42%… that’s right in the acceptable range, but if you can get it any lower it will help vs. mold.

5 Likes

Day 136 Flower 41/46

Close up shots! I’m looking to harvest when the trichomes have a mixture of cloudy and amber color. I want that sweet spot for high THC + couch lock effect lol.

Does anyone know how much more time I might have left before I flip her to Flush? I’m guessing a few more weeks because the bottom bud sites do not look as developed as the top and I still see a lot of white/cloudy trichomes. I’ll be away for 2 nights on Dec 31st so I want to make the plant will be ok.

P.S. I should have chopped off a few small branches to allow the plant to focus more energy on the bigger branches but I wanted to see how they would grow. I’ll take that experience with me into my next grow.

Any advice/tips? Thanks!

Top bud sites:

Bottom bud sites:

5 Likes

Seems you and I are looking for similar maturity. I would wait until red hairs show around 70-75% coverage before starting the flush. You dont have to flush for the entire 10 days, you can technically flush for 3-4 days since its DWC.

5 Likes

you can flush whenever and leave it in as long as you want. You dont have a ton of leaves, so likely wait at least 4 days and then flip.

6 Likes

Thanks @Vicc @Todd.grobo :+1:
So I was thinking she needs about 1-2 more weeks of flower before I flip to flush. Is my estimate accurate? Is it ok to leave her unattended for a few days while she’s in flush?

I will take some more close up pics in several days :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Shell be fine up to 3 days past that water could get low depending on how much she drinks. But it does last a week. I wouldnt worry

7 Likes

PURP ALERT

Also everything looks great. Personally, I’ll let the flower cycle go a little longer to help the buds mature and fatten.
That blueberry muffin looks great! Cant wait for it to really purple up

4 Likes

Day 140 Flower 45/46

Hi everyone! I’m looking to harvest when there’s a mix of cloudy and amber trichomes. I’ll be away and have to leave the plant unattended for 2 nights on Dec 31st.

I think I need more time in flower but I understand that she’ll continue to mature during flush. I can take additional pictures if needed. Should I extend flower or let it go to flush?

Top bud sites:

Mid bud sites:

Bottom bud sites:

8 Likes

Most photo period flowers are 6 to 8 weeks. Leave her in flower youll be good

5 Likes

It’s so frosty :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Thank you @Todd.grobo @Time2grow :grin:
I’ll extend her flower time!

6 Likes

Wow she’s gonna be an incredible harvest when mature!

4 Likes

I can’t wait to smoke her! :joy:

7 Likes