Blueberry Muffin - First Grow

See droplets :droplet: coming from the pod so it’s drinking

4 Likes

How does she look plant wise as in growth

2 Likes

She hasn’t grown much yet. Still tiny.

5 Likes

Hi guys, I’m noticing brown spots on my leaves.

1. Temps inside the machine has been around 71-80 degrees F
  2. Humidity around 32%-52%
  3. Water temps around 68-70 degrees F
  4. Using distilled water

Should I calibrate my probes and send an email to Grobo support?

3 Likes

Could be nutrient burn, could be pH issue. Do you have a handheld pH meter? Can you post a picture of your nutrient bottles showing what has been used?

1 Like

Bottles # 1-4 has been used (bottle #2 being used the most)

I have this

2 Likes

It’s used quite a bit of your pH bottles for being so early in a grow while running distilled. Can you check you pH and let us know what it reads?

1 Like

Also it has used no cal/mag (bottle 5) which it definitely should be when running distilled water. Your plant needs the water to be conditioned in order to uptake nutrients. Where are you sourcing your distilled water?

1 Like

I get my Acadia distilled water from Stop & Shop

This is my first time using a ph pen. It says “before use: add pH probe KCI Storage Solution to cover the probe tip in a cup and leave it soaked for 24 hours”

Should I follow steps 1-3 to hydrate and calibrate?

3 Likes

Yes you must follow those steps :+1:. I would submit a ticket as well, there’s a few things going on there that appear off.

3 Likes

Will do. Thank you @SWSVIC

3 Likes

No prob :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Going to hydrate and calibrate my pH pen. Is it normal for the pH probe KCI storage solution to have sediments?

1 Like

Mine did not have any sediment, I have the same package that you purchased. Maybe try stirring to see if they dissolve?

2 Likes

Stirring didn’t dissolve it. Hopefully it’s ok lol

1 Like

:man_shrugging:t2::grimacing: If it messes up your meter at least you can blame BlueLabs when you return it! Hopefully it has no ill effects. Will be interested to see what it reads. Have you already submitted a support ticket? If not I would do so.

2 Likes

Yes I submitted a ticket. I’ll take the pH reading around midnight. Thanks.

How long do these BlueLab solutions last for? Thinking about getting these bottles + the KCI storage solution bottle:

1 Like

Bottles state that they should be replaced every 6 months.

2 Likes

Took a ph reading and it tested 5.5. What’s the ideal ph range? Do my probes need to be cleaned and calibrated?

1 Like

Hey man, the spotting on your leaves seems normal to me. My girl did that too in the beginning, But once she got big enough she could handle more. She’s so little still and fragile just need patience and wait for her first growth spurt to happen! I wouldn’t send in a ticket yet and just let her be for a little while meanwhile she gets the hang of life. Instead of trying to chase a problem she might not have. In fact, my plant did it for longer than your even but she’s doing great! In other words, she will get past it! Here’s an example. Cheers!

5 Likes