Blueberry Muffin - First Grow

Yeah all those ones are fine

1 Like

:ok_hand: :+1:

1 Like

I trimmed the brown leaves and did an early Drain/Fill. I noticed the Nute bottle #5 spilled a little after the Fill, not sure if I accidentally did that.

pH: 6.0-6.1
EC: 700 (no idea what this means, can anyone tell me?)
Water temp: 69 F
Temp: 74 F
Humdity: 46%

2 Likes

Your measuring PPM500 in that image, not EC. To get to EC, click the “unit” button until you see the screen show “EC” where it currently shows “PPM500”. Also, your pump for bottle number five appears to have it’s lines reversed and is actually pumping reservoir water into your bottle 5 instead of pumping the contents of bottle 5 into the reservoir. @VermontGrobo had the same issue. Open a support ticket immediately. This could very well be causing the issues your plant is experiencing.

2 Likes

Thank you @SWSVIC. Submitted a ticket to check on pump/bottle #5.

EC reading: 1.2 - it looks like this is in the ideal range :+1:

1 Like

You may want to put a ticket in and have @Stephen test pump #5. I had an issue where pump #4 was pumping water from my reservoir into the nutrient bottle. If the liquid in #5 doesn’t go down when Stephen does the test your pump is pumping in the wrong direction. The fix is easy. I wrote up a summary of what I did to fix it in the support forum.

3 Likes

Thanks @VermontGrobo. I have a call scheduled for tomorrow to take a look at the pump.

Okay wow, great catch @SWSVIC!! Didn’t even know this was a possible issue

2 Likes

I had the same issue earlier this month with pump #4.

1 Like

If I didn’t have a grow going on right now I’d put together a step-by-step guide on how I was able to fix the problem. The only way I was able to confirm that my pump was going in the wrong direction was because I had added Recharge to my water during the water change, there was Recharge particulate floating around in nutrient bottle #4.

All you have to do is carefully pull the hose that goes from the pump to the reservoir out of the bracket in the reservoir and take the end that was in the nutrient bottle and feed it through the hole in the bracket. For me the hose end that had been in the reservoir was just barely long enough to reach the bottom of the nutrient bottle. I made a suggestion to @Stephen to add an extra 1/2 to 3/4 inches to the end of the hoses that are in the reservoir just in case this happens in the future to make sure there is enough hose to reach the bottom of the bottle if the ends need to be swapped.

If the hose from the reservoir isn’t long enough to reach the bottom of the nutrient bottle then the reservoir will need to be taken out so the pumps can be reached.

3 Likes

Have a call tomorrow to test the pump and confirm if it’s going the wrong way. Curious to see if this is indeed an issue. I’m noticing brown spots on new plant leaves. This could be the reason for the browning and the slow growth. I’ll keep you guys posted!

I would say that the chances are high that that is the issue. Especially since you noticed bottle #5 overflowing.

1 Like

It is very likely the issue, when using RO or Distilled water, bottle 5 is absolutely essential in allowing your plant to absorb nutrients.

1 Like

Hey folks! So there was an issue with the pump dispensing reservoir water into Nute bottle #5. Danielle was extremely helpful in fixing the issue.

After the switch I noticed the tube for pump/bottle #5 being a bit shorter than the rest of the tubes. I’m wondering if I can replace the tube with a longer one so it can reach the bottom of the Nute bottle. Screenshot of the tubes I had to switch below.

I’m hopeful my plant will bounce back from this. Thanks for your help guys!

PS, I had a huge scare today. I almost dropped my plant on the floor :joy:.

3 Likes

Glad we caught it Aang :relaxed: Will be interested to see how she reacts now that she can eat. As far as the tube, you may just have to keep an eye on the bottle and refill once the liquid drops near the depth of the tube end. I know that’s not what you want to hear after spending $2k+ on your unit, hopefully the Grobo team has added a step in their QA process to ensure that this stops happening. I wonder if they might be able to offer you some sort of extension rather than having to open your unit and conduct what appears to be a pretty invasive repair.

3 Likes

Did they offer you a replacement bottle 5?

Yes, a replacement bottle 5 is being shipped to me.

1 Like

How short is the pick up tube? All my pick up tubes have plenty of slack on them to push them to the bottom on the nute bottles, is this not the same for you?

2 Likes

Read above, @Aang had to reverse the tubes as her bottle 5 pump was pumping out of the reservoir instead of into it.

1 Like

The tube is about 2 cm short from reaching the bottom of the nute bottle.
@VermontGrobo has the same issue. The two tubes (one short and one long) were mixed up and installed incorrectly which is why there is no slack. I think I may have to wait for this grow to end to replace/fix the tube.

1 Like