Blueberry Muffin - First Grow

It is very likely the issue, when using RO or Distilled water, bottle 5 is absolutely essential in allowing your plant to absorb nutrients.

1 Like

Hey folks! So there was an issue with the pump dispensing reservoir water into Nute bottle #5. Danielle was extremely helpful in fixing the issue.

After the switch I noticed the tube for pump/bottle #5 being a bit shorter than the rest of the tubes. I’m wondering if I can replace the tube with a longer one so it can reach the bottom of the Nute bottle. Screenshot of the tubes I had to switch below.

I’m hopeful my plant will bounce back from this. Thanks for your help guys!

PS, I had a huge scare today. I almost dropped my plant on the floor :joy:.

3 Likes

Glad we caught it Aang :relaxed: Will be interested to see how she reacts now that she can eat. As far as the tube, you may just have to keep an eye on the bottle and refill once the liquid drops near the depth of the tube end. I know that’s not what you want to hear after spending $2k+ on your unit, hopefully the Grobo team has added a step in their QA process to ensure that this stops happening. I wonder if they might be able to offer you some sort of extension rather than having to open your unit and conduct what appears to be a pretty invasive repair.

3 Likes

Did they offer you a replacement bottle 5?

Yes, a replacement bottle 5 is being shipped to me.

1 Like

How short is the pick up tube? All my pick up tubes have plenty of slack on them to push them to the bottom on the nute bottles, is this not the same for you?

2 Likes

Read above, @Aang had to reverse the tubes as her bottle 5 pump was pumping out of the reservoir instead of into it.

1 Like

The tube is about 2 cm short from reaching the bottom of the nute bottle.
@VermontGrobo has the same issue. The two tubes (one short and one long) were mixed up and installed incorrectly which is why there is no slack. I think I may have to wait for this grow to end to replace/fix the tube.

1 Like

I’m blind sorry I see what’s going on, that’s so odd I’m sorry to hear that

2 Likes

This is what mine looks like after I reversed the hose, I had to stretch it a little bit but it reached the bottom of the nutrient bottle.

I wasn’t so much worried about it being able to reach the bottom when I fixed it. I just wanted to make sure the proper nutes were getting dispensed.

5 Likes

Day 31, Late Vegetation (Day 7/14)

Gave her a trim about 5 days ago. This is what she looks like now. Should I give her another trim and remove the brown leaves or should I wait a bit longer? I’m definitely going to need to extend late vegetation lol.

5 Likes

Umm I don’t see any reason for now. Just keep on keep on letting her do her thing. She might be a slow vegger

6 Likes

Hey Aang I would just leave her be for the time being. Not having any cal/mag in your system definitely held her back, looks like she is coming out of nutrient deficiency as new growth looks promising. Take it easy on her and hopefully within a couple weeks or so she’ll be ready for transition.

4 Likes

@Jamminbear @SWSVIC will do, thank you!

3 Likes

@Aang She’s recovering quick! Definitely a late vegger but not a problem at all she’s loving the time and space your giving her to flourish before giving her some haircuts! :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thank you @Letsgrowmore. She doesn’t look too happy right now but I’m hoping she recovers and flourishes!

2 Likes

Day 37 Late Vegetation (Day 13 /21)

pH: 6.1
Temp: 68-80 F
Water temp: Below 71 F
Humidity: 41%-51%

There’s new leaf growth but the new leaves underneath the bigger leaves don’t seem to be receiving much light. Eventually I would like to top the plant when the time is right. I am tempted to remove the brown leaves on the bottom right now. Should I wait and continue to let the plant to grow?

3 Likes

Shell open up soon.

3 Likes

Did you open a ticket with support? I was having a similar issue, they increased the cal-mag and it seems to be doing the trick.

2 Likes

Yes, I think they increased the cal-mag dosage for my grow recipe. I have to confirm a few things with them on my next drain/fill. Thanks!

2 Likes