Blueberry Hybrid Autoflower - Advice needed

I am growing the Blueberry Hybrid Autoflower recipe, an 84 day grow, and am on day 65.
The plant is on day 27 of 34 of the flowering period, with a final 10 days of flush coming next week.
Over the last two weeks, I have seen the plant โ€œstretchโ€ from the half way point of the box all the way to the top. The plant is definitely starting to flower, but the buds are just starting with about a week left in this phase.
My questions are

• is this typical for an autoflower? Or should I extend the flower period until the buds are in a good place before moving to flush?
  • I am getting a lot of moisture on the leaves at the top over the last two weeks - is this typical? Or should I be doing a better job of trimming away fan leaves so they touch less and the lower canopy gets more light?
    Picture attached below:
4 Likes

I am New at this also. I am using a Tent, not a Grobox, so Iโ€™m hesitant to offer advice here, but: I am having a similar problem with only one of my Banana Kush Autoflower. Itโ€™s the one I DID NOT Top early on, and itโ€™s gone straight up to the lights. Nowhere near ready for harvest; It began to Flower about 8 days ago. I have to make a decision: Let it Flower and continue? Or Sacrifice it, so the other two plants can thrive? My mind will be made up, very soon. I may settle for a Brutal defoliation & bending, and see what happens. Since my grow space is only 4 ft. tall, I know my next Grow will be limited to an even-shorter strain of Autoflower, like Lowryder. I would like them to Mature and be ready for harvest while only at a Max of 30 inches tall.

1 Like

For the defoliation, what leaves would you recommend getting rid of? All the fan leaves?

I have read, that defoliating an Autoflower might not be a Good thing (depending on the Strain), so if I decide to defoliate, I will have to accept in advance, either the death or the stagnation of the plant. Iโ€™d take most of the Fan leaves, especially the Upper ones, to allow light to reach the lower buds. That way, Iโ€™d hope to salvage at least something.

I think I may have removed too much foliage throughout and delayed the flowering. Fingers crossed it gets there, will most likely extend the flower period until I see some decent buds.

I feel your pain. I also have have an auto and have had to extend 2 weeks and supercrop . You should extend and treat it as a regular plant until your buds mature.

1 Like

Pedro, thank you for the advice. I trimmed 4 of the larger fan leaves and it has helped with the moisture.
Did you supercrop to keep the plant away from the top?

@Noods,

• ((#Welcome)): :wave: :wink:

• (Time For A Ticket [:ticket:]): (Itโ€™s Acting Like A [Non-Auto] With An [AutoRecipe]):):

• (You Do Not Want The Extra Moisture On Your Leaves That Can Lead To Mold Fungus And Bud Rot):

• (ExtraFan): :wind_face:

• ((#YourGrowYourCall)): :herb:

• (Do what you like with this grow and have it as your base grow for the next grows): (Every grow can be a little different, play around with them and find your favorite way of growing): :infinity:

(ForAutoInformation): (ClickHere):

--

• ((#Auto)): ((#NotAnAutoGrow)): :video_camera:

• (:warning: If your seed is โ€œnot an [auto seed]โ€ and you choose โ€˜an [auto recipe]โ€™ it will stay in veg. stage forever and ever):

--

:infinity:

(#Trichomes): (ClickHere):

--

• (YesExtendFlowerUntil โ€˜โ€™[the buds are in a good place]โ€™โ€™):

• ((#YourGrowYourCall)): :herb:

• ((#Trichomes)): :eye::microscope::video_camera:

• [ - YouTube ]:

--

:eye::microscope::video_camera:

- - -

@ArrEll,

--

:infinity:

1 Like

Sorry didnโ€™t get back to you sooner yes I did supercrop and have extended now 3 weeks of flowering. I super cropped 6 branches so far. The buds are everywhere will post pics tonight when itโ€™s awake.

1 Like