Blueberry Hybrid Autoflower - Advice needed

I am growing the Blueberry Hybrid Autoflower recipe, an 84 day grow, and am on day 65.
The plant is on day 27 of 34 of the flowering period, with a final 10 days of flush coming next week.
Over the last two weeks, I have seen the plant “stretch” from the half way point of the box all the way to the top. The plant is definitely starting to flower, but the buds are just starting with about a week left in this phase.
My questions are

• is this typical for an autoflower? Or should I extend the flower period until the buds are in a good place before moving to flush?
  • I am getting a lot of moisture on the leaves at the top over the last two weeks - is this typical? Or should I be doing a better job of trimming away fan leaves so they touch less and the lower canopy gets more light?
    Picture attached below:
4 Likes

I am New at this also. I am using a Tent, not a Grobox, so I’m hesitant to offer advice here, but: I am having a similar problem with only one of my Banana Kush Autoflower. It’s the one I DID NOT Top early on, and it’s gone straight up to the lights. Nowhere near ready for harvest; It began to Flower about 8 days ago. I have to make a decision: Let it Flower and continue? Or Sacrifice it, so the other two plants can thrive? My mind will be made up, very soon. I may settle for a Brutal defoliation & bending, and see what happens. Since my grow space is only 4 ft. tall, I know my next Grow will be limited to an even-shorter strain of Autoflower, like Lowryder. I would like them to Mature and be ready for harvest while only at a Max of 30 inches tall.

1 Like

For the defoliation, what leaves would you recommend getting rid of? All the fan leaves?

I have read, that defoliating an Autoflower might not be a Good thing (depending on the Strain), so if I decide to defoliate, I will have to accept in advance, either the death or the stagnation of the plant. I’d take most of the Fan leaves, especially the Upper ones, to allow light to reach the lower buds. That way, I’d hope to salvage at least something.

I think I may have removed too much foliage throughout and delayed the flowering. Fingers crossed it gets there, will most likely extend the flower period until I see some decent buds.

I feel your pain. I also have have an auto and have had to extend 2 weeks and supercrop . You should extend and treat it as a regular plant until your buds mature.

1 Like

Pedro, thank you for the advice. I trimmed 4 of the larger fan leaves and it has helped with the moisture.
Did you supercrop to keep the plant away from the top?

@Noods,

• ((#Welcome)): :wave: :wink:

• (Time For A Ticket [:ticket:]): (It’s Acting Like A [Non-Auto] With An [AutoRecipe]):):

• (You Do Not Want The Extra Moisture On Your Leaves That Can Lead To Mold Fungus And Bud Rot):

• (ExtraFan): :wind_face:

• ((#YourGrowYourCall)): :herb:

• (Do what you like with this grow and have it as your base grow for the next grows): (Every grow can be a little different, play around with them and find your favorite way of growing): :infinity:

(ForAutoInformation): (ClickHere):

--

• ((#Auto)): ((#NotAnAutoGrow)): :video_camera:

• (:warning: If your seed is “not an [auto seed]” and you choose ‘an [auto recipe]’ it will stay in veg. stage forever and ever):

--

:infinity:

(#Trichomes): (ClickHere):

--

• (YesExtendFlowerUntil ‘’[the buds are in a good place]’’):

• ((#YourGrowYourCall)): :herb:

• ((#Trichomes)): :eye::microscope::video_camera:

• [ - YouTube ]:

--

:eye::microscope::video_camera:

- - -

@ArrEll,

--

:infinity:

1 Like

Sorry didn’t get back to you sooner yes I did supercrop and have extended now 3 weeks of flowering. I super cropped 6 branches so far. The buds are everywhere will post pics tonight when it’s awake.

1 Like