Blueberries

Oh man my wife is going to be thrilled :grin: when I show her this :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

4 Likes

Hot 33c inside the tent today
26c outside. Up to 35c by Thursday which will honestly be closer to 40. Everyday off by 2 to 3.
Thinking tomorrow i need to drop wattage from 100% to maybe 75% to help with heat. No house a/c.
Will that hurt more than the heat stress in the final 10 to 14 days? Humidity is low. 25 to 30
@Bplatinum9
@Mpower11

6 Likes

That really sucks the girls look so nice.

I do have 1 idea for you. Now I have never tried this before but in Theory it should work.

If you have a local company that sells dry ice get a couple pounds put in a cooler In the day time add a little in the tent. When it melts it will give off Co2. Get your Ppm up to 1300 to 1500 ppm. With adding the Co2 in the mix the plants should be able to handle the extra heat plus you can leave the Lights at 100%.

At night you can take the Co2 out. (dry ice)

It’s the best idea I have for you.

6 Likes

That’s quite smart it might just do the trick for a couple weeks

4 Likes

75% is operating at 29 vs 33.3 so im ok i think

3 Likes

I think you will be ok because your lights dont really give off much heat. I use a dehumidifier right outside my tent to keep rh down. Maybe use a couple more fans? The ice idea was good also!

If you are growing indica strains they are better handling cold.
If you are growing sativa strains they are better at handling heat.

Rh should be reduced to 45%during the last 2-3 weeks before harvest to make buds more dense & increase resin production.

Temps around 70 - 80f (20-26c) in flower stage, if you go over 85f (30c) it tends to make the buds airy.

Cold temps can cause buds to turn purple.
Hot temps can cause foxtails & airy buds & stress.
Stress can cause seedy buds from herming. :eyes::seedling:

5 Likes

Yeah. What i figured. 2 days at 33c. Tomorrow will be more. Hopefully after that it cools down. However they are calling for a dry hot summer. No humidity here normally. Flower has been 40% and last 2 weeks will be 25 to 30 most days.
Will do the best i can. Buds still feel dense and fattening.

6 Likes

You can really see the differences in the phenos on the two blueberries. One boast the leaves and rich colors and the other is completely spattered with the purple flecks on the end of everything. The grow room smells full on bakery no hiding it.
The GG is thicc er then it looks but definitely suffered from trimming.

11 Likes

Your doing great! I think youll be able to finish up just fine, no matter the forecast but anything you start after that could be tricky until around Aug - Sept. But then again it will take awhile to get back in flower stage so you might just be good to go! :eyes::seedling:

9 Likes

I’m starting working on a Ac project for my tent to offset this my problems. Not sure if it’s going to be a cost smart idea. Dam I said I wasn’t going to do it and look at me now.

Wow the power of organic’s!! Just love the colours. I wish I could smell them

Todd looks great man!! Cheers :beers:

5 Likes

Lol! You did say you weren’t trying to go there! Your a Manic Organic! But I love it! More of us should be more manic about organics it would be a better world!
If I can ever get up and going I think I’m gonna try a batch of turnip greens in my tent and see if I can’t feed myself this year! Gonna start with that first! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

Thats what i am hoping
Lots of air movement and flow and the RH drop everyday helps.

I had planned this grow to have no issues :smirk:
Snow would be last week and we would maybe be 20c. Next grow should start in july and starts at a low % of power. Ah well even when your best planning goes wrong.
They are amazingly beautiful
I will highly recommend this grow method as an advanced growing mediun but a great one to grow into from the grobo itself.

7 Likes

I have no doubt your going to keep leveling up no matter what the issues present!
I have had so many major setbacks but with the many ways to grow you can always come back from it and even go back to what worked best! :eyes::seedling:

6 Likes

She looks great. Good luck with the hot temp issue. As @Bplatinum9 and @Mpower11 said, no worries you’re going to finish off strong!

5 Likes

Great idea!:ok_hand:t3:

4 Likes

Look amazing Todd!:muscle:t3::drooling_face:

4 Likes

@Choppo0816 checked the tops and all 3 including the GG all are milky trichomes. You have to be trucking along right behind. In the last 2 week window yes?

5 Likes

Thanks :blush: so I’ll just keep posting pictures and u let me know when to pull the trigger on them :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes

Todays outside humidity

3 Likes

I have honestly never seen humidity in the northeast that low unless it’s 4 degrees F outside. Awesome cow flower but no bueno for early stages. You must rock multiple humidifiers?

3 Likes