Blue Dream Scheduling Mishap

Hello All. Happy Thursday :yin_yang:
So, after trimming and topping a while back I extended Early Veg.
Not sure if I should have been in Late Veg at that point and I extended the wrong Veg…if that makes any sense.
Today I received Notification that we were going into transition! I did not think she was ready for that obviously, so I hit “Previous” which put me in Day 1/14 Late Veg with 33 days in Early Veg. TBH I don’t know what the hell happened. But where do I go from here? What should I do considering her size and condition at this stage? Do the lights/nutrients change between Early/Late/Transition? Looking forward to any and all input. Much appreciated :upside_down_face:

1 Like

3 Likes

So early veg last 14 days, looks like you extended it a lot.
Rule of thumb dont extend early veg unless you have been having issues.
Late veg is where youll be starting extending for future reference.
Your on your first day of late veg so your good for now.
Late veg may not need to be extended but to be sure repost when you get to the end of it or let it go into flower as long as it has reached the bottom (for sativa) or top (indica, hybrid) of the second fan. Let it go into flower.
Looks really good! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Sounds good. So what is transition phase? Are Early and Late veg the same lighting/nutes? 14 days of late veg then switch to flower if all looks good?

1 Like

I have been monitoring the PPM per stages of growth with my grow (I am using a PPM Monitor to get live ppm numbers with the nutrient solution in the reservoir).

Depending on your plant size, extending early veg may be good thing to reduce nute burns at later stages as the nutrients ramp up between 200-300 per growth stage and making sure your plant is big enough before entering the next phase, your plant will be able to intake the nutrients much better.

Considering that we are growing in a compact 1x1 grow space. our plants are going to be smaller than normal grows so lower ppm could be more beneficial.

I would say extending early veg was a good move. I’d keep extending until the plant gets close to the 2nd fan then skip to transition its your grow however, just putting my 2 pennies in.

Also your plant looks super healthy good job!

Early / Late veg uses same lighting however their ppm values are about 300 difference
Transition phase = early flower or also known as stretch phase where your plant will have a growth spurt trying to reach closer to the light before budding. The PPM700 there is around 1300-1400 (based on my generic hybrid recipe)

2 Likes

Transition is the begining of flower stage!
Early and late are different stages so different lighting.

5 Likes

Wow. Good to know @Vicc. As this is my first grow, I tend to freak out just a little when it doesn’t go textbook :grimacing:, but there really are so many variables especially with temp/humidity/ph etc. I thought she looked pretty good, but noticing that I was never in late veg and that may have been a good thing is such a relief! :pray:t4:

3 Likes

Skipping late veg is not a good idea unless your running an Auto they dont have late veg!

1 Like

Absolutely. Just extended at the wrong stage. We will be in late veg for the 14 days. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

I didn’t mean skip late veg what i meant was to keep extending late veg until you reach the fan then skip to transition instead of waiting for the full cycle to complete.

Check out this thread. I use it as my grobo grow guideline. This is also my first grobo grow.
I grew up in a house hold of growing our own herbs and veggies. Never did it myself growing up but I did grow a few cannabis plants with my brother in our closet while we were kids and we had a friend who has a hippy mom who taught us about cloning and grow cycles.

Sorry lil baked and forgot to add link:

2 Likes

No no. I got you. Completely understood. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

I didnt notice the light intensity change. Thats good to know, thanks!

2 Likes

Hi All! We are certainly making progress. Here are a few before/after photos of latest trim. We are up to the 2nd fan but have only been in late veg 8 days.
51 total days. What do you all think about how she looks? Should I keep her in late veg another week? Switch to Transition or Flower? @Vicc @SWSVIC @Bplatinum9 @Todd.grobo @SilverGrobo. Thanks for your expertise/input :pray:

3 Likes

Looks like the pics are shuffled around. Put them in the correct order and get a :star: . Lol!

Id let her go immediately into transition and then flower. She looks like shes going to be big :slight_smile:
Good job !

4 Likes

She looks great and growing so fast, I can’t wait for my next grow, which will be blue dream

2 Likes

Thank you Todd! Hopefully smooth sailing :sailboat: and no more mishaps.

1 Like

Thanks @Vicc. Looking forward to watching your grow!

2 Likes