Blue Dream ILGM first grow

Once I reach the desired tricomb coloring is that the time to flip to flush?

Wow that is such a beautiful plant.

Blue Dream makes such HUGE buds!

Hope all goes well until harvest… I’m actually growing Blue Dream CBD for my first grow… from what I know the buds share the same traits from the Blue Dream genetics :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me quality is way more important than yield. I rather have 2 good oz then 4oz of airy buds.

6 Likes

Honeslty I don’t even believe in flushing. There isnt really any evidence and more bro science regarding flushing. But since this is a Grobo grow- I would would look at the Trichromes everyday towards the last 3 weeks. If I see mostly milkly- hit the transition button … your pretty much on cusp!! If this is your first grow - cut a branch off every week and dry it towards the last 3 weeks. Smoke each branch and see what your body chemistry likes - some people enjoy milky only vs milkly 80/20 or 10 clear/80milky/10 amber

5 Likes

Staying a bit longer in late veg doesn’t give you airy buds.

1 Like

sorry let me rephrase that… if u extend in Veg and your plant grow into the lights which has happen mutiple times in this forum- your bottom buds will be airy. So i rather go with a short and stout plant and get even light coverage.

1 Like

@Jamminbear good call, I will be inspecting Trichromes daily now but she still has white hairs also some are brown as well.

1 Like

23 days of late veg btw! and I do have more of these!

@Bplatinum9 @Jamminbear tonight thricombs are looking 10-20% cloudy 80% transparent roughly… I am trying to plan accordingly as to maybe I can plan to harvest.

2 Likes

I have also seen lots of different opinions on wet trimming and dry trimming of buds once harvest comes! I personally am leaning more towards wet trimming but if anyone has any advice on that I would love to hear more! @SWSVIC @Jamminbear @Bplatinum9

2 Likes

I too would like advice on this haha

2 Likes

@SWSVIC @Letsgrowmore since both of u guys will be harvesting for the first time. Just split the plant in half. Wet trim 1/2 the plant and dry trim the other. U might end up liking one more than other … I personally tried both - and I always lean to dry trim… slow dry cure if possible @ temps 65-69 and rH at 45-55 if u can control those variables.

4 Likes

This is why lollipopin is implemented so that there are no low buds that dont get light!
Nothing wrong with your idea of having a shorter plant, there are many ways to grow so my tips arent mandatory just suggestions!

4 Likes

@Jamminbear I would like to try some of both wet and dry, however all I ha e to dry with is the Grobo, is that still possible for both trim styles?

The lollipopIng was such great advice! I was able to manipulate to have the plant I really wanted because of that! Plus topping and trimming once light was blocking.

3 Likes

“Maybe I can plan to harvest right before I leave and have it drying while I am away.”

That would be ideal!

2 Likes

Trimming wet or dry is a personal thing and like @Jamminbear suggested, you try them both to see what your style is.
For me I didnt like the dry trim because a lot of the bud particles came off with the leaves because they were dried on the leaf. Also the crunchy particles get everywhere when trimming and stick to your clothes, its a bit messy.
What I liked about wet trimming is how easy it is to tell the flower from the bud, no crumbly mess, and once I dried I didnt have to worry about trimming. Also the buds look more uniform once dried.

4 Likes

@Letsgrowmore yeah I don’t see anything wrong with drying both in the Grobo. 1/2 wet trim and 1/2 dry trim. For dry trim - I leave all fan leaves on (the fat one) - after day 5 I remove them and continue to dry. Depending on your environment - the slower u can dry it the better. If u can extend it out to 10-14 days that would be ideal. If it’s too dry and crumbly u went to far. I do a squish test lol. If u squeeze the bud and it goes back to its shape super quick. Tooooo wet still. If u press it and it falls into pieces - tooooo dry. U have to find a happy medium before u add it t the jars. Get some cheap hygrometers for your jar if u haven’t already. When u start curing - (jarring ) the main goal is to watch out for humidity in the jar. I shoot for 50-55RH. Some where between 60-68 F for curing. Your wet trim- just make sure when u are trimming to avoid damaging the Trichromes. If u chop them off- all your work is lost. Oh and little pet peave of my mine- when trimming dont the touch buds. Treat them like gold nuggets lol… I only touch the branches and stem while trimming. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Update! Day 110. (49/51 Flower), I know it’s only been a few days but I am watching her very closely now as harvest is right around the corner! :star_struck:
Also as I stated, I am trying to plan for harvest with that being said, I’m thinking to let her finish out last 2 days of flower then roll into flush for 9 days which gets us to harvest, record, and place in grobo for drying, and be ready for curing once complete. If she doesn’t look quite ready then I would try to keep her up, but we shall see.
This time I was able to get some Thricomb pics, all from several sites up top, not super clear but def can see some action! As always, all comments and suggestions welcome!
@Jamminbear @Bplatinum9 @SWSVIC

6 Likes

Looking great, hope she’s ready for harvest before you head out!

2 Likes