Banana Kush, first grow

I can smell it now. Cheers!

1 Like

Hey Arn thanks what magnifier are you using? I had bought the one from grobo and it’s not up to par.
THANKS

1 Like

it’s not a magnifier, but rather a “microscope” camera from amazon, it was £15 at the time, bit it’s just a glorified camera module with a magnifying lens at the end.

someone mentioned it a few months ago : the main goal to get a decent picture is to get it stable enough, so either replace the mount with a magnetic hook and attach it to the side, or be like me, after years of painting figurines and mignatures, you get use to staying still :nerd_face:
as with growing, practice take times, but you should be able to get decent shot of trichomes with those inexpensive camera.

Oh and remember, the more trich you see, the more you’ll be able to count to gage ripeness, so make sure you get the middle of the frame in focus to get the most out of each shot :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Thanks so much. I’m looking now.

1 Like

:woman_astronaut:

9 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Help with my grow please!

Looks like nute burn. Are you adding anything?

I would consider a drain n Fill now. Water only.

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll change the water :droplet: today.
I only used hydro guard.

1 Like

day 100, 16 days of flower left, got about a third of the pistils brown, I’m pretty sure the recipe is going to be on point.

A bit more fox tailing that I’d like, but considering the strain and the distance buds are from the light, that was expected, I’m glad things aren’t getting burnt for now.
would most definitely send the next one to transition a bit earlier next time.

10 Likes

Damn they look good brother. What strain?

3 Likes

banana kush, a strain from white label, supposedly (Silver Haze x Skunk Kush x NYC Diesel) x OG kush

to be fair, my first grow that failed in April due to the airpump breaking was the same strain, so I learnt quite a bit beforehand, and this one grew pretty much on it’s own!

5 Likes

I had to swap out my air pump too, mine was just super noisy, but I added an external one so did not lose the grow.

3 Likes

I think root rot still had a hold of the plant when it failed, and most of it died in a day with the lack of oxygen, but yep, running a decent silent pump now with 2 air stone in there for redundancy :woman_mechanic:t3:

4 Likes

Very nice bro.

2 Likes

Are you using Hydroguard or something like it? It can be a little expensive, but then you don’t really have to worry about the water temps and root rot and things like that.

1 Like

I installed a homemade chiller in the tank since then, so things are under control.
I do have a hydroguard product for hot summer week, limitation on the chiller only being able to cool the water with the air from outside :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, nvm, I noticed a few leaves suddenly die this morning, and surely enough, there’s bud rot on one cola :grimacing:

@Todd.grobo @Stephen @FireGuy @SilverGrobo what do you suggest? the rest of the plant looks unaffected for now, but with everything so tightly packed, I’m guessing it could spread quickly?

2 Likes

Your so close to flush I would not even worry about it. I can’t see the tricomes that close, but you might be able to go anytime you want.

2 Likes

Don’t I at least want to cut the rotting bud? it sits really close to the main middle cola, and I would hate to see this one go too

3 Likes

Just a suggestion but I would definitely cut the rot off as not to allow it to spread.

2 Likes