Banana Kush, first grow

I installed a homemade chiller in the tank since then, so things are under control.
I do have a hydroguard product for hot summer week, limitation on the chiller only being able to cool the water with the air from outside :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, nvm, I noticed a few leaves suddenly die this morning, and surely enough, there’s bud rot on one cola :grimacing:

@Todd.grobo @Stephen @FireGuy @SilverGrobo what do you suggest? the rest of the plant looks unaffected for now, but with everything so tightly packed, I’m guessing it could spread quickly?

2 Likes

Your so close to flush I would not even worry about it. I can’t see the tricomes that close, but you might be able to go anytime you want.

2 Likes

Don’t I at least want to cut the rotting bud? it sits really close to the main middle cola, and I would hate to see this one go too

3 Likes

Just a suggestion but I would definitely cut the rot off as not to allow it to spread.

2 Likes

OK, bud discarded, it was in there, but not visible from the outside until a few hours ago, hopefully it didn’t spread too much.

I’m going to try lower the RH tomorrow morning, and thinking of starting flush on my next d/f, meaning Friday

At least I’ll be able to sample some nuggs soon :man_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

Yeah, defiantly cut the mold off, maybe the entire bud to be safe if your not sure you got it all. I only heard about mold, so good thing you caught it so quick.

2 Likes

Yep, I took down half the branch, stoped where bud were smaller popcorn as mold should’nt be able to develop easily there.
She doesn’t look too much stressed this morning, but with the cuting, I’m guessing the plant will mature rather than develop from now on, flushing this Friday.

The surounding colas seems fine, but at least now I can idendify bud rot with only leaves signs, and will keep a close eye on everyting daily.
Knowledge is power :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Tell me more about the better pump setup. My pumps make a lot of noise.

Aquarium air pump are the way to go, and considering the size of the grobo tank, you can always go for the smallest version that tend to be more quiet.

The banana is still alive and well, got the RH to 40 as I should have initially.
One question though, do you guys know if I can feed the dehumidifier water to my RO filter and use it on my grow?

1 Like

I replaced mine after about 3 weeks with this as mine was so loud. This sits on the floor behind the Grobo. I went UP in size and it has been fine.

3 Likes

I am not sure, I am using filtered tap water with fish drops and let it sit out 48 hours :grinning: right now and mine is coming along fine. I had to return the RO filter I ordered and didn’t have distilled on hand, so did what I had to do. Then nothing happened and it kept growing the same way, so I kept using it.

3 Likes

Is this what you hooked up to the air stone tube? :thinking:

And you unhooked the Grobo pump?

2 Likes

Yes, that is what I have now. The Grobo pump is easy to get to, a few screws on the back and you can lift one side up and the pump is right there at the bottom.

2 Likes

I just order some for my boxes.
Do I need more tubing since this pump sits outside the unit?

2 Likes

I ordered this with it, but only needed about a foot or so of the tubing. It mostly depends on where you put the pump. Right behind it, you will not need much, if you want to put it on top or on a shelf, then you can just use more.

3 Likes

We lost another cola yesterday, but she’s still getting everything else to stack up nicely.
since the humidity is under control, I have decided to give the plant another drain and fill worth of nutrient before flush, let’s hope I don’t regret it.

7 Likes

After a week of drying, white and sparkly!

did a vape test, really digging the taste, impressive narcotic effect, can’t wait to test after 1mo of cure!

14 Likes

Looks dang tasty Arn. Congrats. :tada:

5 Likes

Might have to try this as my second grow I have heard great things about it!

2 Likes