Baby Skywalker

if u have time: crash course in growing ganja : )

4 Likes

Thank you @Jamminbear

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your help. Sorry I’m so frustrated. I know you all are just trying to help me and I’m venting about my first experience. Guess my expectations were way off about this.

2 Likes

If you’re looking for a magic machine that only needs you to put the seed in and press start, well you’re not going to find one. Growing in a Grobo is not a hands off experience

You weren’t duped, all the information about what to expect, extra stuff that is recommended (not required), and troubleshooting is readily available on the forums. All you had to do is search and/or ask.

Cannabis is one of the more difficult plants to grow. Add on that Skywalker is listed as an intermediate skill level grow, which means they are more finicky than easier seeds.

With that said they should be upfront about calibration requirements for the pH probe and EC probe, and what equipment you’ll need for the calibration.

The reason why your bottles are being dispensed like crazy is because the pH and EC meters need calibration.

Did you check to see if the firmware is up-to-date? To see if it’s current click on settings > About my Grobo Then look under details and see if your firmware is on the current version 9.2.1

If the firmware isn’t up to date click update and let it finish the process.

3 Likes

Also it looks like a magnesium deficiency.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I definitely feel duped. The expectations they advertise are not even close to reality. Which I’ve heard some of the other grobo people say how displeased they are. And no. There isn’t any about my grobo under settings and support hasn’t been helpful in pos one solving. I just want my money back at this point. They have a very long way to go before this thing is worth any more than a few hundred dollars. I’m in the very beginning stages and it’s been problem solving the entire time literally. Speaking to experienced cannabis growers say it shouldn’t be this difficult. The about part isn’t on the app but yes it’s up to date. I appreciate everyone’s willingness to help. But I don’t want to mess with this pile anymore. I’m over it. Literally done with growing in grobo. Way too many issues for my first experience. And yes. I was duped. They don’t advertise the reality of the grobo. That’s how they get you.

1 Like

The reality is no matter what kind of means you use to grow cannabis, or any plant for that matter, there will be a degree of user involvement.

4 Likes

As a new tent grower, I will say that the Grobo is a billion times easier to grow in.

3 Likes

Not sure how anything could be harder than this. My buddy who has grown for years says tent is way less problematic. So I’ll pass on this method.

1 Like

User involvement is fine. Troubleshooting problems every day is not. I’ve spent way too much time and getting even a healthy early stage has not been possible . Proofs in the pudding. I’m not sold one bit that this thing is worth it. Maybe I got a lemon. I don’t know but first impressions are huge.

1 Like

I don’t think too many people will agree that tent growing is easier, especially for newer growers. There is a steep learning curve with tent growing. I understand your frustration, but I will disagree that the Grobo was not as advertised. I did a lot of research before I purchased mine, along with a lot of research while I was waiting for mine to arrive. I spent a lot of time reading through the forums here looking for tips, tricks, and common issues people were having. I also spent a lot of time reading sites like growweedeasy, so I had a pretty good idea what I was getting myself into.

Good luck getting a refund.

2 Likes

I did the same. So much reading before buying the unit so I knew what I was in for…possible repairs, extras, etc. I think it all depends what you’re looking for. I’m growing for my own personal use so a tent grow seemed too much for what I actually need. I think anyone expecting a “set and forget” system…you won’t find it. This is a hobby and hobbies take research and adjustments. Nothing wrong with @Tebori not being happy with the purchase, but all equipment has a learning curve and bugs. The complaint about support seems odd though as the few emails I’ve sent have always been answered within a day.

6 Likes

@FireGuy @VermontGrobo but their marketing campaign is “watch your plant grow as you kick back and relax” and “large yields from your first grow” “as easy as 1. Add water 2. Plant your seed 3. Pick a recipe” “you want to keep any plant smells contained using a carbon filter” hence @Tebori I totally understand frustration. I think their marketing direction should be changed to avoid these frustrations. “Learn how to grow in hydro” “we provide in-depth tutorial and assist u from seed to harvest” “be part of community that learns and grows together” shits breaks down all the time. I’m totally cool with that but when sooo many people report the same thing over and over again - it’s like we are all beta testers lol

8 Likes

And from my personal experiences - tent growing seems daunting but it’s not hard at all. If u could assemble a camping tent- your pretty much half way done.

2 Likes

I can totally agree with that. And it IS a marketing flaw! However…if I’m spending $2k on a piece of equipment, I do my research. I barely buy anything anymore without looking at reviews and reading forums for big purchases. So going through the forums in a course of a couple days, I new what possible issues I might face. I can understand the frustrations as well for sure, but the amount of successes that have happened with people with no experience…you could argue this in both directions. I’m not tryin to start a feud by any means :rofl:, just voicing my opinion.

5 Likes

Totally agree with u bud however for the early adopters (2017-2018) the forum wasnt as extensive as today. I was an outdoor grower and indoor was just practically all new to me. Everyone was just excited they won the lottery when they were next in line to get a Grobo. Lol
-here were issues that were popping up in 2018

1. Bubbler not working
    (Fix: open the back and add your bubbler )
  2. Roots getting caught in the water sensor
    (U have an early model-u need plastic shield)
  3. Stuck in drain mode. (Turn off machine after drain - turn machine on to reset filling mode 3 weeks of doing that )
  4. WiFi issues- (weak WiFi- please buy a a WiFi’s old by us to increase WiFi strength)
  5. Light leaks with smell coming out of the machine ( oh umm - sorry we can’t do anything out it)
  6. Ph/EC issues ( over dispensing nutrients)
  7. Temp/RH issues (no data)
  8. Lights not turning off during night cycle.
    ( those were all my issues) Hence I took it upon myself to learn how to grow in hydro… which was the ulimtate silver lining. If u want to grow some Fire weed ! U better do your homework like @SWSVIC and control some of the variables because if u just let the Grobo do its thing. Your going to get a lot of MIDS - @Todd.grobo @chris_barfield could relate to some of things I just talked since I remembered u guys when this forum just started.
6 Likes

I was looking more at figuring out feeding schedule, getting the nute’s and EC dialed in while maintaining a good pH. If one is out of whack, then your plant can pay the price quickly.

1 Like

I suspect their willbe pay to play models coming for people like @SWSVIC
Ultimately thats the experience i think grobo is fostering. Do your own high end. Make some crazy food and wine and smoke some fatties. :smoking:
I had all those problems and more. But thw experience has overall been good

3 Likes

I really like the Grobo as a learning tool and I think for those that want to be a little less involved or have time/availability constraints there is no better option. I’ll be headed into a tent in the near future.

6 Likes

@VermontGrobo. Well we will agree to disagree then. My buddy who started with tents and had never grown before says it’s quite easy. Spends time yes but never had any frustrations. He grows about 15 plants at a time and says it’s always been easy. The grobo has far too many bugs and things that can go wrong. And bs on them not misleading people. Like someone said above their entire campaign is focused on an automated system that doesn’t require much attention. And as far as customer service goes. Their last response was on the 5th and nothing since then. It takes days sometimes to hear back and with time wasting dumb questions that I’ve already answered etc. pretty sure there isn’t one thing I actually am happy with. As far as the refund goes I’m sure you’re right. Seems you already know it so that’s comforting. Haha!

1 Like