Air Stone not working! [RESOLVED]

Yes, that little square you can take off with that thumb screw, then just take your hose off the shitty pump and put on your new one

3 Likes

Awesome! I’ll try that ASAP! Thank you

3 Likes

No worries :+1::v:

4 Likes

Any luck @Kenny_planter? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Mine stopped working, so replaced it with a cheap air pump. I had other reasons to be inside my unit and noticed that the internal pump was vibrating so I reconnected it and it has been ok since. Try unplugging the unit then plugging it back in.

1 Like

I am on my 3rd grow and about ready to harvest. My previous 2 grows did not yield more than 13 grams and the current plant is far smaller and sadder looking. It’s Cinderella 99 for reference and appears to have a minor mold issue. I’m basing that on small, kinda fuzzy, white spots on top of the coco pod and a whitish film on the water surface.

All that aside, in all 3 grows, I’ve never observed bubbles in the water tank. Has my air hose been disconnected this whole time?

1 Like

It’s probably your air pump. Go to the back of your unit, bottom right. There is a thumb screw. Unscrew that and take off the square plate. Now look into it to the left. That is your pump, that little black rectangle box with the clear tube coming out. Put your finger on it to see if it’s working. If not no problem, get a new pump, take the hose off the old pump, put on new external pump, plug new pump in and you’re good to go.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Osage! I will try that later this afternoon. Here are some pics for reference.

1 Like

Also for reference, that’s day 87.

Is that an auto strain?

No, I’m pretty certain it is photoperiod.

In that case I would chat with @Stephen to get you sorted. There are certainly issues going on and I’m sure it’s multiple issues. First I don’t see a hygrometer in your unit. You need to know what your temp and rh are. Second, your air stone probably isn’t producing air for your water which helps your plant breath. And due to this you are probably experiencing nute lockout. How full/empty are your bottles? I’d get a new pump and install like I did, then I’d do a. drain and fill, and add some hydroguard to fight off any root rot. Start with the pump though then work from there. Also if you have a ph meter handy I’d check the ph of the res water. Keep us posted :+1::v:

3 Likes

So checked the air pump and when I put my finger on it, it did not appear to be running. Also, all my bottles are full enough.

Is this why the air pump isn’t working?

3 Likes

The air stone isn’t working because your air pump shit the bed. Buy new external and hook it up the way I explained :+1::v:

2 Likes

@Osage do you have a recommendation for replacement pump that would work with grobo premium?

Also, suppose the pump/part failed would that be covered under the extended warranty?

1 Like

I’d just use one similar to the one I have in the pic. You can send in a ticket and they’ll send you a new pump, but you’re going to have to remove the whole back panel to replace it. But they’ll send you what you need to do so. Took me many months and a bit of complaining to get it but eventually I did. I wouldn’t wait on them. I’d get the external pump hooked up right away. Your plant is starving, and from what I’m seeing I’d probably just scrap it, sterilize the unit and start anew. :+1::v:

3 Likes

Thanks for all the advice @Osage. I found a pump that looks just like the one in your pic on Amazon. Are you happy with it?

Finally, is there any chance the air pump simply isn’t plugged in? If not, what are those wires for? When I opened the back they weren’t connected to anything. Since I received the Grobo, I’ve never observed any bubbles in the water tank.

1 Like

Well, I did notice the connector was hanging out the back. Maybe it just came unplugged in shipping or someone simply forgot to plug her in. Look for a female end and plug it in to see if that is the case. Probably is :joy:. And yes I’m completely satisfied with the pump I have :+1::v:

2 Likes

Comon man, did you try to plug it in??? It’s killin me :joy::+1::v:

2 Likes

5 Likes