Air Stone not working! [RESOLVED]

So checked the air pump and when I put my finger on it, it did not appear to be running. Also, all my bottles are full enough.

Is this why the air pump isn’t working?

3 Likes

The air stone isn’t working because your air pump shit the bed. Buy new external and hook it up the way I explained :+1::v:

2 Likes

@Osage do you have a recommendation for replacement pump that would work with grobo premium?

Also, suppose the pump/part failed would that be covered under the extended warranty?

1 Like

I’d just use one similar to the one I have in the pic. You can send in a ticket and they’ll send you a new pump, but you’re going to have to remove the whole back panel to replace it. But they’ll send you what you need to do so. Took me many months and a bit of complaining to get it but eventually I did. I wouldn’t wait on them. I’d get the external pump hooked up right away. Your plant is starving, and from what I’m seeing I’d probably just scrap it, sterilize the unit and start anew. :+1::v:

3 Likes

Thanks for all the advice @Osage. I found a pump that looks just like the one in your pic on Amazon. Are you happy with it?

Finally, is there any chance the air pump simply isn’t plugged in? If not, what are those wires for? When I opened the back they weren’t connected to anything. Since I received the Grobo, I’ve never observed any bubbles in the water tank.

1 Like

Well, I did notice the connector was hanging out the back. Maybe it just came unplugged in shipping or someone simply forgot to plug her in. Look for a female end and plug it in to see if that is the case. Probably is :joy:. And yes I’m completely satisfied with the pump I have :+1::v:

2 Likes

Comon man, did you try to plug it in??? It’s killin me :joy::+1::v:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Love ya buddy✌️

2 Likes

Yea…so I disconnected the air hose and the air pump pulled right out. The unconnected wiring harness is definitely the power supply to the air pump.

My guess is it was disconnected as a result of poor handling during shipping. None of the delivery impact indicators were broken but the air pump was dislodged from it’s elastic restraints and the neanderthal that delivered my Grobo managed to drop it off at a house with a different house number on a different street.

I’m gonna contact Grobo support get their help on opening up the back panel. Timing is good because my super sad plant will be ready for harvest this week.

2 Likes

You should be able to see where the female end of that connection goes. Take a peek inside and up. I think you can do this without their help :+1:

1 Like

I’d look at mine, but she’s sleeping right now. Maybe @Azuri, or @chris_barfield can look in their unit to see where it’s plugged in. How bout it guys? :+1::v:

1 Like

I did reach around for what I’d guess to be the female end of the wiring harness to no avail. The camera didn’t help either…unless I am missing something.

2 Likes

Did you take the pump out?

1 Like

Yea, the pump it out. The bottom picture is looking through the further elastic restraint for the air pump.

2 Likes

Ok we’ll get the external pump for now. You’ll use it again I’m sure so it’s not wasted money. Here are the two tools they sent me to take off the back. Pick them up too.

2 Likes

I’ll bet it plugs in right above the other connector in that pic

1 Like

Thanks for the help with which tools to buy, @Osage!

I have the #1 square bit, looks like I need a #0.

3 Likes

First go to a hydro store, or a pet shop and get that pump. You’ll use it eventually anyway, while you’re at it get that second #0 and you’re good to go. After the fix, you will see great improvement in your grow. Sorry this happened to you and sorry it wasn’t diagnosed earlier. Kinda surprised at that :triumph:

4 Likes

I’m actually amazed you got anything at all from your grows. Cannabis is a truly amazing plant. She was starved of oxygen the whole time and she still produced :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: what strain was it?

3 Likes