Air Stone not working! [RESOLVED]

The water is just sitting there for a week now and I’m not getting any bubbles working even after cleaning. Can I replace with my own?

2 Likes

Good question! I’d like to know the answer to this as well for the future. Shitty that happened to you though

1 Like

I don’t think it would hurt. I found a bigger airstone I like it says for hydroponics.

1 Like

I know I got one too but idk if it would fit. And the Grobo airstone seems secured on the bottom idk how I would secure mine. Mines a stubby cylinder shape and a bit bigger than our current one.

What I’d like to know is can we take ours out for a proper cleaning? I’m sure they get clogged over time. The one I have says to clean after every grow, to soak in boiling water and then a light scrub with a soft brush

1 Like

@Kenny_planter it sounds like it’s a pump issue and not directly your air stone. @Osage can point you in the right direction for a temporary pump fix, you’ll need that right away if you havent been getting oxygen for a week. Unless you haven’t got a plant in there currently then not as big of a rush

2 Likes

You need to go to a pet store or Walmart/target type of store and grab a cheap air pump and disconnect the tub from the old pump and connect to new pump … this will fix it until they fix your unit

3 Likes

Kenny do this, take your hose off your pump and add your own external pump like this:

10 Likes

Is that at the back of the unit ? Thank you all for the quick answers as well. I really appreciate it

5 Likes

Yes, that little square you can take off with that thumb screw, then just take your hose off the shitty pump and put on your new one

3 Likes

Awesome! I’ll try that ASAP! Thank you

3 Likes

No worries :+1::v:

4 Likes

Any luck @Kenny_planter? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Mine stopped working, so replaced it with a cheap air pump. I had other reasons to be inside my unit and noticed that the internal pump was vibrating so I reconnected it and it has been ok since. Try unplugging the unit then plugging it back in.

1 Like

I am on my 3rd grow and about ready to harvest. My previous 2 grows did not yield more than 13 grams and the current plant is far smaller and sadder looking. It’s Cinderella 99 for reference and appears to have a minor mold issue. I’m basing that on small, kinda fuzzy, white spots on top of the coco pod and a whitish film on the water surface.

All that aside, in all 3 grows, I’ve never observed bubbles in the water tank. Has my air hose been disconnected this whole time?

1 Like

It’s probably your air pump. Go to the back of your unit, bottom right. There is a thumb screw. Unscrew that and take off the square plate. Now look into it to the left. That is your pump, that little black rectangle box with the clear tube coming out. Put your finger on it to see if it’s working. If not no problem, get a new pump, take the hose off the old pump, put on new external pump, plug new pump in and you’re good to go.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Osage! I will try that later this afternoon. Here are some pics for reference.

1 Like

Also for reference, that’s day 87.

Is that an auto strain?

No, I’m pretty certain it is photoperiod.

In that case I would chat with @Stephen to get you sorted. There are certainly issues going on and I’m sure it’s multiple issues. First I don’t see a hygrometer in your unit. You need to know what your temp and rh are. Second, your air stone probably isn’t producing air for your water which helps your plant breath. And due to this you are probably experiencing nute lockout. How full/empty are your bottles? I’d get a new pump and install like I did, then I’d do a. drain and fill, and add some hydroguard to fight off any root rot. Start with the pump though then work from there. Also if you have a ph meter handy I’d check the ph of the res water. Keep us posted :+1::v:

3 Likes