“9lb 🔨 auto” Hydroton in Grobo

Two ties across would probably be good enough now that I think bout it to stabilize the fans midair… This is what I meant about one fan in the back and one in the front possibly too… brown is where the cocopod is obviously, plant not pictured…

Grobo support racks would work too for the first illustration, just two wires placed far enough apart to rest the fans on

2 Likes

Water top offs are great however it still does not mitigate the high nute dosage she receives the first day of feeding. An extra cup of water can mitigate that.

2 Likes

Just seems odd to get it the day before water change. If it was too much nutes, I would think it would’ve shown earlier?

Then it could be the nutes are too low if you are doing daily top offs. You can get spots if its mal-nourished as well (same effect as PH being off).

Dont you notice that the day before you do your water change, she isnt sun praying as much? Thats because the nutrient ppm is too low for her to be fed and happy enough to sunpray.

So I should be adding nutes during my top offs?

I wouldn’t recommend it without a EC or TDS monitor. The Grobo is designed to start with a higher feed ppm and relying on you to top off your water to balance it out. Manual growers would add nutes to their top offs to balance out the ppm

I add about 1-2 tsp of bottle 3-4 daily (I am in week 5 bloom) with my daily top offs, but I have a monitor to gauge and guide me on how well she’s eating. Operating blindly can be quite dangerous.

Here is my feed chart and its an example of how the Grobo feeds (early feeding) vs how I feed (later stages). But keep in mind. I use a ton of additives and supplements and I have a very aggressive feed schedule.

3 Likes

Guess I need an EC meter :rofl:

2 Likes

I highly recommend it and it really helped put everything into perspective for me.

1 Like

If you’re interested in CO2 and airflow and how it impacts your grow, here is a pretty good read on it:

2 Likes

I’ll check it out! Thanks @Vicc

1 Like

Oh i forgot to mention. A cool trick to replenish the CO2 levels in your grobo is to just open the door for about 30 seconds and close it. This will allow the O2 and CO2 levels to mix and replenish its CO2 levels if there isn’t much airflow to your grobo. The bigger your plant gets and the hotter it gets, the more CO2 your plant will eat.

3 Likes

She’s getting shiny, sticky and stinky…all good things!

14 Likes

Looks awesome dude!

She’s come such a long way. Hydroton in Grobo seems to be working out very nicely :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks man, it’s definitely been a journey!

1 Like

I’m so sick and fucking tired of this machine! Over the last 4 days I’ve walked up to it MULTIPLE times to see that the lights are off when they should be on. Always connected to WIFI, re-saving the light schedule or powering down doesn’t seem to help! It just decides when to turn the lights back on when it wants. All during the time it needs the most light :rage:

1 Like

Damn such a bad time to go out too. Good thing she’s an auto so she’ll be able to handle the outages

2 Likes

3 times it’s happened just today in the few hours I’ve been home! Submitted a ticket, so MAYBE I’ll get an answer tomorrow.

2 Likes

Sounds like it’s tripping the overheat protection (to me). What are your temps like?

You can try running without carbon filter (if that’s practical/not a nuisance) to add airflow across the top. Though need to watch for leaves growing in there.

2 Likes

Highest I saw was 82 and it’s been above that much earlier with no issues. Oddly, this would be a great time to be able to see what Grobo temp sensor is reading instead of dealing with this for 72-96 hrs :thinking:

1 Like

No carbon filter is installed, hasn’t been for over a week. Smell doesn’t bother me one bit.

1 Like