“9lb 🔨 auto” Hydroton in Grobo

Well, it just happened again so I’ve adjusted my light schedule to shut down for 5 hours before turning back on.

3 Likes

Good luck on figuring out the issue. I’ve encountered the same issue in my previous grow before.

3 Likes

What was the final problem?

2 Likes

I honestly never figured it out. It suddenly started working again. I keep an eye on the machine from time to time to see if the lights are running as scheduled.

2 Likes

Anyone have instruction of how to get the top cover off? I’m taking this POS fan and motor out.

1 Like

@FireGuy hoping this helps https://www.allgrowers.com/t/new-computer-board-needed/3027/10?u=aang

4 Likes

Thanks @Aang!!

2 Likes

I take a puff every time @pyromancy says :magnet: hooks now :laughing::wave:t3::green_heart: thank you :pray:t2:

3 Likes

So sorry about the light :bulb: problem @FireGuy :frowning:

3 Likes

It is what it is, just frustrating. Still waiting to hear back from support.

2 Likes

So Grobo reached out either yesterday or the day I submitted my ticket, but I didn’t receive an email. They are going to send an led stack up for me to replace. Once it arrives, I’m on it! I’m debating on a peltier sort of setup anyways as it seems my internal is 10-12 degrees above ambient with lights on.

2 Likes

And, I want to apologize to @grobo and anyone else that have read my angry rants. It’s just frustrating when these things go wrong especially when you are so far into a grow. I’m sure they understand but as someone that deals with electronics, sometimes things fail…I get it. But it’s different as a customer than a provider lol. I do like my Grobo, but there are some things I would change, and will once I’m out of warranty.

4 Likes

My current setup while I await the new LED stack. From what I can tell, it’s stopping the overheats. I haven’t walked by and seen lights off when they should be on, but internal temps are still in the high 70’s and very low 80’s. Btw for any future reference, overheats only shut off the led, not the entire unit, it’s to protect the led’s and drivers. Once I’m out of warranty I will be looking at a peltier style cooling for the led, possibly water cooled.

8 Likes

When it rains, it pours! Heard a loud bang from the other room this morning only to find this! :sob:

The cover had fallen off. LUCKILY, it broke the solder connections and not the plug on the board. At least I have a reason to use my soldering iron again. And the wire colors are labeled on the board, should be an easy fix :crossed_fingers:t2:

4 Likes

That sucks, when it rains, the dam breaks :disappointed:

3 Likes

At least it’s an easy fix to re-solder. I’m just happy that I just got confirmation from @stacey.grobo that my unit hasn’t had any overheats since I took off the cover and placed the fan directly on the heat sink. I’m glad it’s working because I don’t know if I’ll get the new led stack up before thanksgiving.

4 Likes

@FireGuy I was dealing with that same (overheat) issue exactly a year ago. I let it run with the lid open through all of Dec to let the grow finish before swapping it out.

5 Likes

I may follow suit, haven’t decided yet. I think the led cooling isn’t quite adequate but it doesn’t seem to be an issue a lot of people are dealing with. I don’t see why my internal temps are always 8-12 degrees above ambient. I may also visit the sizing of the rear fans and replace with something that moves a bit more air. There are going to be some major design changes once I’m out of warranty lol.

3 Likes

Well, got my cover soldered and fixed. Popped in to take a look at her! This is the hardest part of the grow so far! Just slowly watching these buds fatten up and smell even better.

9 Likes

Looking good, just ripped on some 9lb hammer now it’s off to dream land. :sleeping:

2 Likes