9lb 🔨 Auto flower

Hydroguard, revive and big bud (coco).

2 Likes

Good choices. Out of curiosity, why did you choose the “coco” version of Big Bud? You’re are growing in a deep water culture system and even though the pod is “coco”, your roots are not in a coco medium, the pod is simply there to hold it in place.

1 Like

Hopefully I didn’t screw up. I read somewhere in the forum that coco was the way to go because of the pod :grimacing:, I could be wrong though! So much info to digest, can’t keep it all straight :weary:.

4 Likes

It will still work, I’ll be interested to see if you experience different results with it in comparison to those who are using the regular “coco-safe“ version. Should you have any questions on any of them, don’t hesitate to ask. I will tell you that there is a specific administering sequence required for best results, when using them you’ll want to fill your Grobo first, allow the Grobo to dispense nutrients and pH, then inject the Revive (if necessary) and/or Big Bud straight into the reservoir, and lastly (always last) inject your Hydroguard the same way. I have found great use out of the products below for injecting additives/beneficials:

TecUnite 20 Pack Plastic Syringe Luer Lock with Measurement, No Needle (10 ML)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P5C3QKT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_x3FkFbVVDZG1S

10 Pack of Blunt Tip Lure Lock Dispensing Needle in Your Choice of Gauge and Length These are Non-Medical, Non-Sterile, Industrial Needles for E-Liquid, Inks, Syringes (10" Length, 16 Gauge - Gray)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0861GGC4Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_X4FkFbVFJ2D0R

2 Likes

Also, should you decide to use a Silica product like Rhino Skin or PowerSi those will need to be mixed into the water in your fill bucket and allowed to sit for one hour prior to filling the grobo to allow it to “bond”.

1 Like

Due to my mushroom growing, I’ve got syringes for days :rofl:

5 Likes

What are those? Wild looking.

1 Like

It’s called Lion’s Mane! Tastes like crab when it’s cooked in butter. Plus has neurological benefits.

1 Like

I’ve had it, very good.

1 Like

Day 5 of germ and she’s looking like a happy little girl!

5 Likes

Why is it that this order is so necessary?

Due to the way that they substances react with one another. I was told that using them outside of this order can and will cause them to become less effective or even completely inert. @chris_barfield you mind better explaining why it is important to use nutrients, supplements, and beneficials in their specific order?

1 Like

Basically they need to be mixed in that certain order to allow for certain ferts to bond better with the water some take longer than others and some are volatile when mixed in the wrong way… silica is very delicate so adding that after base nutrients will basically cause it to react with other elements … same with calmag etc etc

4 Likes

Hi I was just curious cause I read alot of different information about how to mix additives and boosters. Is there really a wrong way since they all end up in same reservoir any way? I know to stir each addictive/ booster before adding to water and let sit for a bit before adding each.
Just one of the articles I have read

1 Like

That article is not correct n yes it does matter even though your adding them to same res… if not bonded correctly elements will react with each other … your solution will not be complete

5 Likes

Ok thank you Chris for the feedback.

Thanks @chris_barfield

So, out of pure random curiosity…at what point should I expect to see my root heading down to the water? I’m at germ day 8 and it seems most o the posts I see at least have the taproot through the bottom of the pod…I’ve got nothing. She looks healthy to me but…probably just being a worry wart but just wanted to ask.

2 Likes

You should see something within the next couple of days. How wet is that cocopod? It appears to be very saturated.

1 Like

Top is wetter than it should be I think. I pushed up The pod just a tad and have two mini fans blowing at it now to try to dry a little.

3 Likes